Sponsored

Rev Match!!

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
How well does the Camaro manual rev match work in street situations? Specifically when going from a high gear such as 5th to 2nd when 2nd will be at high revs, such as 5K, after the shift how quickly does the engine get from very low revs up to 5K? A big engine with heavy flywheel and pressure plate has a lot of inertia.

Also, I assume that the rev matching is not a substitute for reducing syncro wear via double clutching since the system won't know the target gear until the gear is selected. By then the syncros have already done their job.

FYI Bravo I think you mean clutch "disengaged" from the engine as you row the shift lever between gears.
I've always rev matched "manually" in the past but the camaro's rev match is one of my favorite features of the car and never drive with it turned off. It also doesn't let the revs drop too far on up shifts either making it the smoothest shifting I've ever experienced!
Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
After 40 years of driving manuals, they are sooooo much better today than what they used to be. But, you can have all these nannies. When I test drove a 2018 SS 1LE, I got so annoyed with the rev match, that I finally just turned it off. And, I can't make myself shift without letting my foot off the floor either. Old habits die hard I guess.

Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Turbo Box

Sponsored

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Mustang GT m6
I don’t guess there is any way to get it on my 16 is there. I can do it manually most of the time but would like to see it done perfectly to judge my ability.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
As long as you can turn it off, and you don't have to turn it off every time you start the car..
Sponsored