Sponsored

Recall and Immediate Stop Sale on 8,026 GT350 and GT350R Models: Engine Oil Cooler

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Zombo - thanks for clarifying.
Sponsored

Tflong24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I guess a new thread titled " Took my car in for Oil Line Recall and.....".

Who knows how many issues will come from this "fix", splitter re-installed incorrectly, oil spillage everywhere, oil level issues due to tech not topping off spilled oil (if they are not doing a full oil change, who knows) etc. etc.

Falconetti

cash me outside howbow da
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 1994 SVT COBRA

Who knows how many issues will come from this "fix", splitter re-installed incorrectly, oil spillage everywhere, oil level issues due to tech not topping off spilled oil (if they are not doing a full oil change, who knows) etc. etc.
YES, there should be a post recall thread showcasing the issues and any other information that may help other owners.

Side_Pce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350

It's a predicament. Uninstall the parts yourself, but if the dealer breaks something, they'll say you broke it while taking the parts off yourself. Let them do the work and they could (definitely) break something, but they're liable.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
I guess I may be one of the lucky ones. Didn't have the splitter put on when I got it (still in box, wanted extra height since can't track it) And my service here in southeast Kansas is great. I'm going to have them do my first oil change since the belly pan needs partly taken off. They, without me mentioning it had already told me they were planning on taking the belly pan off every time they change oil to keep it clean under there that is easy (since no splitter) and that they would have to put an extra quart of oil in cause cooler and line holds a quart. And would check to make sure its full. Can't get any better than that.

Sponsored

IA350

Ruby Voodoo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT, 2017 GT350
guys, might have to still wait on these, I just tried to order one for a vehicle and unless its leaking or a new under contract car on hold, they won't release it until mid march.
Yep, that is what I was told by my dealer this morning. They tried to order parts for me this morning and the request was denied. Parts not available for us owners until mid-March.

kart125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350/2008 Saab TurboX SC
Nice... fix cars that are not sold before the ones that are alreaady sold... great logic there! Like mentionned before, "once they have our money, they don't care!"

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Wow, THAT would be annoying. How about taking care of the customers who are at the most risk? The ones who have already paid for a functioning car?

Deysha? [MENTION=7992]FordService[/MENTION]

MAVERICKFORD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0
Anybody in the Charlotte NC region need any assistance with there Gt350 or R models for the recall they can contact me. I am a service writer for Crossroads Ford of Indian Trail. I have been doing this for 10 years and work on specialty vehicles. I can supply loaner cars if needed. Just pm me with your information and when the parts become available I will order it specifically for your vehicle.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Zombo...the document I posted was just released. That is the part number for the line you will get when the recall work is done.

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
Zombo...the document I posted was just released. That is the part number for the line you will get when the recall work is done.
Thanks, but what about that diagram that shows the P/N of the hose - I think you posted that back in October. Was that already updated with a new hose P/N back then?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That diagram was culled from the factory service CD, distributed by Helm. With respect to the recall I'd consider it dated.

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
That diagram was culled from the factory service CD, distributed by Helm. With respect to the recall I'd consider it dated.
So, the hose P/N has not changed. Thanks again.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm on a plane and trying to do this on my phone but here are some crops from the recall pdf that was just distributed by Ford. These are the only images which show the lines.
Screenshot_2017-02-21-14-47-27~2.jpg
Screenshot_2017-02-21-14-47-37~2.jpg
Screenshot_2017-02-21-14-47-51~2.jpg
Sponsored