Sponsored

Recall and Immediate Stop Sale on 8,026 GT350 and GT350R Models: Engine Oil Cooler

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
It appears to be real. There are people who apparently have already scheduled their appointment for the work to be done.

Mine is going to be sitting in my garage until the driving weather gets better.
Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
If consistent with last winter, I'll be getting my GT350 on the road around May 1st. This should be plenty of time for my dealer to get the lines in stock.

Thanks for the heads up folks.:thumbsup:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I'm curious. What production numbers are your cars that are getting calls and notices for hose replacement?

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Wait until you see how much time Ford has allotted for dealer service mechanics to perform the recall. Way too little time (note that they allow more time for R model cars). Changing the filter is not part of the recall (they denote that "it is not necessary to remove the oil filter") but there is mention to "check and top off the engine oil once repairs are complete." So no free oil change here. Looks like the dealer can put in for 1 quart of oil.

They couldn't install the factory splitters when the car was new and I can see similar discombobulation when asked to now remove and then reinstall the splitter again. No way I'm taking mine in with the splitter/undertray in place. I've already had to add hardware that somebody felt wasn't necessary to install when new as well as seat the splitter the way it should have been from day one. These guys will be in a hurry to get to the heart of the matter, the oil line. The rest is just clutter that stands in their way.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I'll have to call MAS and see what the process is for me to get it done. And since I need an oil change anyways I'll schedule that too.

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
Yep, I be removing my splitter and anything else in the way of the oil lines before I take mine in.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I'm buying my own lines.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
If anyone could snap a side-by-side pic to show the difference that would be nice.

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Just out of curiosity, as I'm not affected by this recall, but is the "oil cooler tube assembly" different from the oil lines? Everything I've read so far on the forums refers to oil lines, but Ford lists a single part number in the dealer service bulletin above and calls it the "oil cooler tube assembly." Just asking for the benefit of those who are going to replace hoses on their own using aftermarket parts, as you wouldn't want to be replacing the wrong thing.

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
What you see in the picture below is information gleaned out of this thread.

1) Part Number of new oil cooler tube assembly from the Ford document recently posted here.
2) Actual Part number of a hose assembly purchased by Shelbyman with pictures posted way back in page 27 of this thread - pictures that folks here claim have improperly crimped fittings - note the date code - 090616, which is after the recall cutoff.
3) Illustration showing the oil cooler hose with P/N that Epiphany posted, which I believe specifies the original cooler hose P/N - I could be wrong, maybe Epiphany can voice his opinion, as this is his data - he knows what it is and how long he has had access to it.

You will notice that the part number has not changed. This tells me that there has been no design change to the oil cooler hose at all - If there were a design change, the P/N would have changed in some fashion. Proper, what is know in industry as "Configuration Control" dictates that a part number change is required whenever there is a change in Form, Fit or Function (Class 1 change), so as to not mix up an old part with the new.

What I do notice is these "new hoses" (on page 27) with the 090616 date code have a bunch of inspection "dots" painted on them, which I have not seen in any other pictures I've seen here of cooler hoses installed on vehicles. I could be wrong, maybe the picture angles just didn't show them?

I suspect, as I have stated in the past, that there is nothing wrong with the original hose design. That, due to a deficiency in the hose manufacturers inspection process, a limited number of poorly crimped hoses made it into the field. Ford was forced to recall all the cars built prior to the identification of the issue. New hoses are being more thoroughly inspected.

I could be completely wrong, but the evidence I've seen points me to this conclusion. I will not bring my car in for the recall, unless it has to go to the dealer for something else -another recall, or some fix I can't do that would impact the warrantee. That's my take. Contrary evidence is always welcome.
oil-2.JPG

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
guys, might have to still wait on these, I just tried to order one for a vehicle and unless its leaking or a new under contract car on hold, they won't release it until mid march.
Sponsored