Sponsored

Real World Test by the SCCA.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
The VS section is the catch all for nitwits wanting to act out. Open a bmw vs thread and the usual sespects show up. Open a Camaro thread. Same deal. They forget where they are at. I still post over on Camaro5. But I try to remember who's house I'm in while doing that. People will call the pill names so that they can run back to Camaro6 and high 5 with theirs. The pill is entitled to his opinion like everyone else. If you don't like his opinion. You could always go back from where you came from. If you want to slump it here. The least you could do is be respectful:paddle:.
I am respectful to thePill most of the time. I slip sometimes lol. I don't go over there as much as I am here. I like this forum more than that one if I am going to be honest.
Sponsored

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Been posting here the whole time thePill was back home looking at his drawing board of the breakdown of the Camaro's weight.

Was that what I said NOOOO said you follow him like a puppy dog when he posts :headbonk:

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Been posting here the whole time thePill was back home looking at his drawing board of the breakdown of the Camaro's weight.
Whoa now, I wasn't exactly at a drawing board...

thePill guided everyone through the ATS-V's experience almost play by play. The dramatic 100lbs weight gain came to my attention pretty early, again, I was called a liar.

As thePill was being called a liar, Caddy actually changed their weight from 3700lbs to 3820-ish. It took them 6-8 months I think but, thePill won.

What thePill found out is, the ATS-V took on some extra weight to stiffen the platform. I was told it would likely follow the Camaro AND, the $38,000 ceiling would be busted... remember, I even preemptively made fun of them for it.

Well, they were not permitted to bust the $38,000 ceiling thePill reported here... (MSRP window was assumed a lie as well). Instead, even more content was shifted to the 2SS which blasted the MSRP to $42,000. thePill also warned about this because it happened to the GT350 and GT350TP. It was considered a lie then but, moving on...

The Camaro did not receive any convertible or HALO car reinforcement integrated into the structure. It saved them about 100-120lbs which is what the V gained. It would have put the current 1SS around 3785-3805lbs.

Since the tire and brake couldn't be achieved anyway, now that thePill has seen the whole picture... not only were they forced to do it, it was their best option.

By the time a 265/275 went on and a 13.79 front rotor and the 100lbs of vert support, the 1SS might have been 3830lbs and $39,995...

I think this is the best possible outcome other than sales...

...and this was all detective work conducted by thePill. I finished my arguement right before a shitload of medical procedures...

...but I'm all better now!!!

Car Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
You arent getting it. Nevermind. I have driven the ss.

From the lot to the garage doesn't count.

Figures mustang guy believes in theShrill. Lol, WHO WOULD OF EVER guessed that. He fits your narrative so nicely.

Sponsored

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
From the lot to the garage doesn't count.

Figures mustang guy believes in theShrill. Lol, WHO WOULD OF EVER guessed that. He fits your narrative so nicely.
Read the narrative above. Unfortunately, that is the situation.

The SS is still heavy and now has nowhere to go in the MSRP, lightweighting and performance equipment.

You don't really get much or have many options for $37,300. They can't lose another pound or add a better rotor without going into the $38,000 MSRP range.

For a car that isn't selling, that would be bad. It would have been worse if they started out at $38,000 and 3800lbs.

Their job now is to convince people the SS is faster than cars better equipped. Similar to what they did with the 5th Gen.

The S550 is a checkmate... drawing comparisons with the Corvette is an indication of it moving up.

thePill's narrative is as accurate as your gonna find before a press release.

Car Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Was that what I said NOOOO said you follow him like a puppy dog when he posts :headbonk:
Pretty hypocritical of you.....

I mean you do the same with Zane.

As for theShrill. Still going on about weight of the Camaro, yet its still lost weight as compared to the Mustang where their engineers were claiming weight loss. Where is all the feigned outrage? Does someone have to post the quotes for the 899th time just for you to ignore it again? I can show you quotes from Ford engineers speaking on weight loss, can you do the same fir the ATS? Now back to your regularly scheduled butt hurt.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Hmmmmmmm. Someone who always posts about someone else. Yes...such a shame lol.

PS: I have put plan B on my ignore list. You should probably do the same for myself. It's a lot more civil. :cheers:

Car Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Hmmmmmmm. Someone who always posts about someone else. Yes...such a shame lol.

PS: I have put plan B on my ignore list. You should probably do the same for myself. It's a lot more civil. :cheers:
He cant do that, who would he puppy back off of then?

Sponsored

Process

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Porsche 911 Turbo S & 2016 Shelby GT350R
I wouldn't mind running you at PIRC. You in a stock Mustang GTPP and me in a M4 :)

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Pretty hypocritical of you.....

I mean you do the same with Zane.

As for theShrill. Still going on about weight of the Camaro, yet its still lost weight as compared to the Mustang where their engineers were claiming weight loss. Where is all the feigned outrage? Does someone have to post the quotes for the 899th time just for you to ignore it again? I can show you quotes from Ford engineers speaking on weight loss, can you do the same fir the ATS? Now back to your regularly scheduled butt hurt.
not even close buddy. Another Zane follower I even bet you don't have mustang

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
not even close buddy. Another Zane follower I even bet you don't have mustang
Didn't you enjoy posting to my replies to thePill? It won't happen anymore. ThePill is on the ignore list. I should have done it a long time ago. It's very nice lol.