Sponsored

Real World Test by the SCCA.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
I dont see you doing any better. Easy to judge someone elses hypothesis then form your own based on educated guessing. All i see you doing is doubting him and trusting chevy. Chevy has given people a lot of reasons over the years to not believe everything they say. Hes entitled to distrust. I do think he should have said he was wrong and moved on. But hes definitely not an idiot.
Doing any better on what? Guessing? I don't have to guess lol. Chevy said the Camaro weighed 3,685. And it does lol. And if you have driven the Alpha in any variation, you know oh well balanced the chassis is. I don't care what "track" it has or if the Center of Gravity is 1/4 inch higher lol.
Sponsored

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
For sure, the reinforcement the ATS-V got that made it go from 3700lbs to 3820lbs, is vital to performance. The brakes and tire are better but, the Alpha Short is far more rigid.

The ATS-V is more performance oriented than the regular Camaro lineup.

The Alpha can scale and, I'm sure those areas can be reinforced like the ATS-V was. The only issue is the curb weight would be 3780-3820lbs. That's without any of the other stuff...

...and, the MSRP would increase as well. I'm not sure if there was a last minute increase or not.

Regardless, some valuable equipment and reinforcement was abandon.

Back to the SCCA. Look at the major concern about the 2016 Camaro SS. On the forums, people won't run the car with an 8-9 inch wheel. That is another area thePill warned of. Slim wheels and 20 inches at that.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Doing any better on what? Guessing? I don't have to guess lol. Chevy said the Camaro weighed 3,685. And it does lol. And if you have driven the Alpha in any variation, you know oh well balanced the chassis is. I don't care what "track" it has or if the Center of Gravity is 1/4 inch higher lol.
You arent getting it. Nevermind. I have driven the ss.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Oh boy... When racing organizations go out and do their own test, it makes popular media seem very silly. There are endless mounds of people that follow it too. Almost nobody races anymore.
Well they did do their own testing. And it is basically what the mags reported. The 5th gen 1LE and 6th gen GTPP is basically the same. Again, not sure how this is a new info or a win for the Mustang.

Sponsored

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
For sure, the reinforcement the ATS-V got that made it go from 3700lbs to 3820lbs, is vital to performance. The brakes and tire are better but, the Alpha Short is far more rigid.

The ATS-V is more performance oriented than the regular Camaro lineup.

The Alpha can scale and, I'm sure those areas can be reinforced like the ATS-V was. The only issue is the curb weight would be 3780-3820lbs. That's without any of the other stuff...

...and, the MSRP would increase as well. I'm not sure if there was a last minute increase or not.

Regardless, some valuable equipment and reinforcement was abandon.

Back to the SCCA. Look at the major concern about the 2016 Camaro SS. On the forums, people won't run the car with an 8-9 inch wheel. That is another area thePill warned of. Slim wheels and 20 inches at that.
I think the ATSV is heavier because of the big brakes, extremely heavy interior, sound deadening, cooling for the Twin Turbo, and more reinforcements. But of course the track focused model has better bracing. The 350 has heavier bracing than the GT.

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
The Center of Gravity is an inch higher. That's shitty...

Chevy removed the reinforcement the ATS-V got. Don't play stupid... The V gained 100-120lbs with no warning. People said thePill was insane then. Claiming a 3700lbs ATS-V actually weighed 3800lbs.

What you need to realize is the quality in which was removed from the structure. The Caddy got the goods, the Camaro couldn't due to the MSRP and again, they had promised 200lbs lighter.

The track width is weak...

The tire and wheels are weak...

There could be cooling issues, we don't know yet...

The brakes are tired...

Sub-frames have got to go. They DO NOT last long.

The 111 inch wheelbase makes me gag...

The wheelbase:track ratio is from a family sedan...

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
The Center of Gravity is an inch higher. That's shitty...

Chevy removed the reinforcement the ATS-V got. Don't play stupid... The V gained 100-120lbs with no warning. People said thePill was insane then. Claiming a 3700lbs ATS-V actually weighed 3800lbs.

What you need to realize is the quality in which was removed from the structure. The Caddy got the goods, the Camaro couldn't due to the MSRP and again, they had promised 200lbs lighter.

The track width is weak...

The tire and wheels are weak...

There could be cooling issues, we don't know yet...

The brakes are tired...

Sub-frames have got to go. They DO NOT last long.

The 111 inch wheelbase makes me gag...

The wheelbase:track ratio is from a family sedan...
All of that should make for a terrible driving car. Yet everyone who tested the car has said its a borderline sports car, running dead even with the new M4. (Magazine times I forget).

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I think the ATSV is heavier because of the big brakes, extremely heavy interior, sound deadening, cooling for the Twin Turbo, and more reinforcements. But of course the track focused model has better bracing. The 350 has heavier bracing than the GT.
No, you could even see the addional support from the cut-out. There would have been more if the convertible was integrated.

It was a super bad move. People that don't know cars haven't a clue. It's a fine attempt at a better 5th Gen. It's silly to suggest it's ATS-V worthy.

A 3700lbs Camaro SS was important and I'm sure it was hard to let some of that go.

Understand, the MSRP may have busted the $38,000 ceiling I reported here. It would have also pushed the 1SS up to 3780-3820lbs.

Some equipment is locked out of the 1SS. The drastic change in the 2SS's MSRP ($42,000) is the result of lightweighting/de-contenting they did to the 1SS to get it to 3685lbs. But, you can't option some stuff at all :(

The ATS-V is faster than the SS and I hear it feels more agile and it is quicker all around.

thePill wouldn't had bet Chevy would leave the Camaro behind. Especially since the Vette moved up and the ATS-V went the extra mile. I didn't think they would let the Mustang evoke without being right behind them.

They need some activity in the SCCA to draw some attention to the car. It goes unnoticed and doesn't grab my attention at all. It needs to develop a street/track reputation but, so far, not many people are...

Sponsored

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
I keep coming back here for the entertainment.
Well at least this guy admits it. The rest of you claim to be "enthusiasts" but never leave the VS Section and only post in these threads. Literally no value added to the forum, but that's none of my business...

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Well at least this guy admits it. The rest of you claim to be "enthusiasts" but never leave the VS Section and only post in these threads. Literally no value added to the forum, but that's none of my business...
Hey, hey now Snake. There's more to life than automobiles... just think, some people can't even walk ;) Anything added has value, it's a simple rule to follow.

thePill is seeking some valuable information as well. See, when Chevy releases a new performance vehicle, we are usually privy to the structural details. The ATS, ATS Coupe, Vette, CTS, 5th Gen... all are usually accompanied by the structural data and torsional rigidity.

We could look at the structures bones and see if it's ATS, CTS and what structure is missing from where. We could almost instantly see what was missing from the Camaro.

This is suppose to be the Car of the Year yet there is hardly any info on any of its systems. You need to acquire the data raw from the source vehicle. Maybe it saves money???

That will show people the main difference between the 3.

The ATS only uses a few sub-frame connectors, maybe the torque box/rocker like the Vette. That is a dead giveaway something is different in the two. One is nearly supportless on the sub-frame, the other has up to 20 connectors.

Yes, they are very different...

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
The VS section is the catch all for nitwits wanting to act out. Open a bmw vs thread and the usual sespects show up. Open a Camaro thread. Same deal. They forget where they are at. I still post over on Camaro5. But I try to remember who's house I'm in while doing that. People will call the pill names so that they can run back to Camaro6 and high 5 with theirs. The pill is entitled to his opinion like everyone else. If you don't like his opinion. You could always go back from where you came from. If you want to slum it here. The least you could do is be respectful:paddle:.

Last edited:

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
There is no one here that respects you anymore Pill. No one. Literally every person here thinks what you post is a joke. You made a joke of your self when you said over and over again that the Camaro could not ever ever weigh less than 3,800 pounds. You were proved wrong badly, being that the Camaro weighs less than 3,700 pounds. You shout things like the track of the Camaro is not good, therefor its a crap handling car. Yet it is handling better than the GTPP. The platform is only build for four door 4 cylinders, yes everyone is praising it for its tight handling. This forum is more entertaining with you here that is for sure, but it was a much more civil place with you rambling on social media and not here.

"0.2 seconds between the 1LE and Premium GT makes people uncomfortable."

The only one its making uncomfortable is you lol. The 10 year old platform is faster than an all new, ground up platform, yet you are chalking that up as a win somehow?

WOW thepill comes back in and here you are like a puppy dog. Then call names but what about you :crazy:.

Thepill can you train him to stop pissing in mustang forums LOL?

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
WOW thepill comes back in and here you are like a puppy dog. Then call names but what about you :crazy:.

Thepill can you train him to stop pissing in mustang forums LOL?
Been posting here the whole time thePill was back home looking at his drawing board of the breakdown of the Camaro's weight.
Sponsored