Sponsored

Procharger P1SC HO Dyno Results 663/523

Barrelrolll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP COMP ORANGE
Hello everyone,

I installed a beefcake special P1SC HO Tuner Kit back to my 15PP back in March and I was finally able to get it on a local dyno to see if I would get close to my goal of 580whp.

Well, my best run out of 3 was 663whp and 523wtq on 93 octane. So. Whats the deal? This was on a dynojet which from some googling seem to read 10-13% higher than a mustang dyno, and they used STD correction, not SAE which also would inflate my numbers a bit from what I understand.

The beefcake special came with the ID 1050x, vortech BAP, brisk plugs and I already had a MBRP catback race exhaust but thats it. The tune was done remotely through Lund on the ngauge. I specified 9psi when I ordered the kit and I do not currently have a boost gauge to verify.

So does this seem right? Don't get me wrong, I am very happy with the results, I am just trying to figure out why my car is making a good deal more than I anticipated. The pulls were all done in 5th gear.

Thanks for reading!
IMG_5633.jpg
IMG_5637.jpg
IMG_5638.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Looks good to me seeing it's a PP car .. Auto would read a bit less .. SAE numbers would be a few less HP and TQ ... All that matters is you are happy .. :)

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Agreed pp.cars seem to put a little more hp/tq due to gears imo.Good numbers.

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
Good numbers! You may be at 10-11psi but you should still be in the safe zone.

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Agreed pp.cars seem to put a little more hp/tq due to gears imo.Good numbers.
Those gears are worthless to most boosted guys. This is the main reason I went to 3:31s. The power is worthless when cannot hookup. With that said drag radials are not the safest on the streets.

Sponsored

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
Those gears are worthless to most boosted guys. This is the main reason I went to 3:31s. The power is worthless when cannot hookup. With that said drag radials are not the safest on the streets.
With the NT05Rs worn in I have second most of the time. When I actually get finished up setting it up for the track I'll get 3.31s in but for a non-track car the gears are fine.

ben@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Turbo
Beautiful car Barrelroll, glad we got to dyno it for you yesterday! I can send you the chart in SAE.

The gear definitely played a part and the 15 up cars heads flow very well. Its a solid setup for sure. Let us know when you get a gauge in the car so we know how much boost its on. Next time you are here we can hook up the map sensor on the dyno to see whats its making as well.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
I dont think anyone was debating if the power was usuable,just that it makes a difference on the dyno.I hook up just fine with mine,1.5 60 not to bad.As far as drag radials not safe on the street is funny,im not running a street tire on a 700 hp plus car,i dont drive my car in the rain so i dont have to worry about that.Im putting 331's in my car this weekend but its because i dont want to have to shift into 5th anymore.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
With the NT05Rs worn in I have second most of the time. When I actually get finished up setting it up for the track I'll get 3.31s in but for a non-track car the gears are fine.
That's what my debate is. I'm realistically probably not going to go to the track a ton. Doesn't matter what gears you have on regular street tires (non DR's)...they won't hook in 1st and 2nd.

I dont think anyone was debating if the power was usuable,just that it makes a difference on the dyno.I hook up just fine with mine,1.5 60 not to bad.As far as drag radials not safe on the street is funny,im not running a street tire on a 700 hp plus car,i dont drive my car in the rain so i dont have to worry about that.Im putting 331's in my car this weekend but its because i dont want to have to shift into 5th anymore.
Let me know how you like the switch. My biggest fear is swapping to 3.31 and having it feel slower.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
very nice!!!

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
That's what my debate is. I'm realistically probably not going to go to the track a ton. Doesn't matter what gears you have on regular street tires (non DR's)...they won't hook in 1st and 2nd.

Let me know how you like the switch. My biggest fear is swapping to 3.31 and having it feel slower.
I sure wiil,but if your not track guy u will probably want to.stay with the 373,s.The extra torque makes the car feel more peppy,but 33!,s on a fi car will make the car faster.Better chance of hook up on launch and one less shift will make for a faster 1/4 time.U also get to stay in each gear a little longer which helps with et also.

GGordon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, ProCharged
M/T Street Comp tires, 305+ hook great for a street tire. I am never a fan of putting a grocery getter gear in a blown vehicle. It kind of defeats the purpose of trying to make it quick in the first place. Using that logic, if you would have left it stock, you could launch your nuts off at 5,000RPM on a 3.73 and hole shot GT500s all day long. But, once both cars are rolling, said GT500 is gonna eat your lunch. Same with a blown car on a 3.73 vs one with a 3:31.

The right way to fix wheel spin is proper tires and proper skill. It is usually not proper to make it slower. Unless you just don't care about performance really and are more in it for show than go. If so, then do whatever makes you happy :)

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
M/T Street Comp tires, 305+ hook great for a street tire. I am never a fan of putting a grocery getter gear in a blown vehicle. It kind of defeats the purpose of trying to make it quick in the first place. Using that logic, if you would have left it stock, you could launch your nuts off at 5,000RPM on a 3.73 and hole shot GT500s all day long. But, once both cars are rolling, said GT500 is gonna eat your lunch. Same with a blown car on a 3.73 vs one with a 3:31.

The right way to fix wheel spin is proper tires and proper skill. It is usually not proper to make it slower. Unless you just don't care about performance really and are more in it for show than go. If so, then do whatever makes you happy :)
Dude get a life,its proven 331 on a fi induction car makes it faster then running the 373,s.Its not just about the launch,see u dont go this fast this is why u dont get it,but having one less shift especially 4th to 5th is easily a couple tenths.That along with not losing momentum with that extra shift makes the car faster in the 1/4.Many cars on here that have made the switch and went faster,period.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Seems like a 100% normal dyno to me....

About every single HO system that I have dyno'ed looks like that...
(when using STD correction, and good fuel)

In SAE correction here in KC we see about 630-640rwhp

GGordon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, ProCharged
Dude get a life,its proven 331 on a fi induction car makes it faster then running the 373,s.Its not just about the launch,see u dont go this fast this is why u dont get it,but having one less shift especially 4th to 5th is easily a couple tenths.That along with not losing momentum with that extra shift makes the car faster in the 1/4.Many cars on here that have made the switch and went faster,period.
I'll one up you. I run a 3.91.
Sponsored