Mross1973

GAURD GT USER
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
His point was, I believe, what would those numbers look like if they both were wearing the same rubber. Probably a fair bit closer in the braking, slalom and skidpad.
Just playing around. My wife had pp package but we both like mine at the drag.[emoji2]
Sponsored

dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Conv V6 4.0; 2016 BMW 340i
Makes perfect sense to me :-)
Makes no sense to me, the Auto is slightly faster than the manual, it should be able to get a PP as well. I think they will inevitably offer PP on the Auto GT.

prostovovatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Ecoboost Manual Performance Pack
My only real regret is that I didnt waot for the 2016 GT350 to come out... Then again, I was driving a Sonata and had to fet out of that piece.

PrabhtheStig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR 2015 GT Premium Auto, 3.55, nav, premiers trim
The 2016 will most likely offer the PP for auto. Dont know what would hold them back

Sponsored

4Mustangs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT 50th Anniversary AP Black
I have not driven the PP but the brakes on the GT Premium are excellent in my opinion. More than perfect for a regular street driven car. Guess the PP is worth the extra for people who want to use their cars at the track.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
His point , I believe, was: what would those numbers look like if they both were wearing the same rubber? Probably a fair bit closer in the braking, slalom and skidpad.
Exactly. My post was based on the article I was referred to. Not arguing with it, but pointing out that tires make THE single biggest difference in skidpad and single-stop braking results. Obviously the Neros don't have the grip the summer tires do. It would be interesting to test a base GT with P-Zeros, and it would be fascinating to me to see a PP tested with real gumballs like the Z/28 uses. (No doubt the Z/28 is well-engineered, but those 305/35 Trofeos at all four corners sure don't hurt.)

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Exactly. My post was based on the article I was referred to. Not arguing with it, but pointing out that tires make THE single biggest difference in skidpad and single-stop braking results. Obviously the Neros don't have the grip the summer tires do. It would be interesting to test a base GT with P-Zeros, and it would be fascinating to me to see a PP tested with real gumballs like the Z/28 uses. (No doubt the Z/28 is well-engineered, but those 305/35 Trofeos at all four corners sure don't hurt.)
The PP tested with the base GT 18 in pizza cutters would be interesting as well:)

MIKESHIP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MIKE
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG GT
No Regrets......Love this car
Sponsored