Sponsored

Premium plus GT owners..any regrets?

Hogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I have the performance pack and love it. However, I do regret not getting premium! I really wish I had the cooled seats the other day. My Recaros don't breath for anything.
Sponsored

cwh19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
The performance pack to me was a no brainer. At $2495, it has got to be the most cost effective Mustang option ever offered. I track my car but even if I didn't, I would have still got the PP just because its such a deal.

Fwiw, 1.15g right, 1.06g left, 1.12g braking are the best to date on an autocross course. If you plan to do any spirited driving, get it.

elfiero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium, 401A, silver, ebony, A/T
Gt Premium auto here. Don't regret it one bit. I don't take it to the track, so I would never need the Brembos, and I cannot stand black wheels, so the PP wasn't an option when the car was ordered. Since then I bought a complete set of new take-off PP package springs, bars, and snubbers off of fleabay for $400. I already bought and installed the engine bay brace kit, so now I have a everything I wanted with out the parts I don't like, for total of $600. Each to their own- right?

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
None.
regret_-_those_were_the_droids_i_was_looking_for.jpg

prostovovatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Ecoboost Manual Performance Pack
Are you all guys saying that you cant have it both ways? As of Saturday I put a Ruby Red manual GT with premium package, nav, performance pack and LEATHER FREAKING RECAROS in my garage and I am happy as can be.. Although its way too quiet for my liking (had a 2012 Boss). But I love my ride.

Sponsored

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Are you all guys saying that you cant have it both ways? As of Saturday I put a Ruby Red manual GT with premium package, nav, performance pack and LEATHER FREAKING RECAROS in my garage and I am happy as can be.. Although its way too quiet for my liking (had a 2012 Boss). But I love my ride.
You can't have PP with the auto GT.

prostovovatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Ecoboost Manual Performance Pack
Still cant get over LEATHER freaking RECAROS lol

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
No regrets at all!

Sponsored

TeddysStang

1st time Stang owner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
CarolinaCarConnections.info
First Name
Teddy
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Premium GT - 20" wheels
Since my car is a cruiser and not a bruiser, as I like to say, I wasn't planning on autocrossing or anything. It's also not a DD. I've had it for 5 months and only have 3K miles on it. Also I wanted the 20" wheels and I have the 3:55 gears in a manual. I think ride wise it's probably about even. The 20"s have a shorter side wall, so you feel a little more impact than probably 19"s, but then the PP has a stiffer ride. So I would guess not much more difference there. I do plan on lowering it next year and getting the front and rear stabilizer bars, so that will help with handling. So I have no regrets.

Mross1973

GAURD GT USER
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
No regrets didn't want the extra weight. Besides the brakes stopping distance non pp package out perform just by hair in all categories.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Besides the brakes stopping distance non pp package out perform just by hair in all categories.

Nope. The AT is a hair faster in a straight line. I like those bragging rights, LOL. But clearly in braking, cornering, slalom, etc. the PP will kick the non-PP's rear.

I have to say I would be really curious to see a non-PP tested with a good set of summer tires. I believe nearly all the gap would close in braking and steady cornering, though probably the slalom would still go to the stiffer PP. The bigger brakes don't do much for the first stop. They are helpful on the multiple stops of a racetrack. And the base car is balanced enough that static cornering is likely about the same if tires are equal. No A/S tire ever returned 0.95g, on any car. Want to amaze people? Throw on a set of the Pirelli Trofeos off a Z/28. Those pups are like gumballs for your wheels. You'll need a new set about once a month, but hey, you got to pay to play, LOL.

Mross1973

GAURD GT USER
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Nope. The AT is a hair faster in a straight line. I like those bragging rights, LOL. But clearly in braking, cornering, slalom, etc. the PP will kick the non-PP's rear.

I have to say I would be really curious to see a non-PP tested with a good set of summer tires. I believe nearly all the gap would close in braking and steady cornering, though probably the slalom would still go to the stiffer PP. The bigger brakes don't do much for the first stop. They are helpful on the multiple stops of a racetrack. And the base car is balanced enough that static cornering is likely about the same if tires are equal. No A/S tire ever returned 0.95g, on any car. Want to amaze people? Throw on a set of the Pirelli Trofeos off a Z/28. Those pups are like gumballs for your wheels. You'll need a new set about once a month, but hey, you got to pay to play, LOL.
http://www.edmunds.com/ford/mustang...g-gt-performance-package-worth-the-money.html

Numbers don't lie

Last edited:

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP