PP2 OWNER EXPERIENCES - RAVES/QUIRKS

wtb6mtv8rwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
Attached photos are factory parts off a BMW M3 V8. Notice the heat shields on the exhaust. The differential on that car also has a nice finned cover with a large heat sink.

IMHO these are small things Ford could've/should've included from the factory, especially on something like a PP2.

Most likely your drive organizer guy has a fist year 350 without the track pack (no diff cooler).

Re: Torsen and friction additive. I found this helpful link https://torsen.com/category/maintenance/
M3exhaust.jpg
diff3.jpg
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Bookmarked the link will read it later thanks. Good to know over heating gear oil is not that uncommon. I'm all good knowing there is a fix that I can apply. I like the PP2 in every way. I had a complaint but I remove it, that stupid engine cover.

"ordered some Motul gear oil and a pair of Thermotec clamp on heat shields. I look forward to see how much of an improvement these two make."

The warning not appearing, or there is a way to read the temp ?

Going to start the wrap at the drive shaft u- joint.
DSC_0039.jpg

End at the pipe hanger, should cover the heat envelope
DSC_0040.jpg

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Attached photos are factory parts off a BMW M3 V8. Notice the heat shields on the exhaust. The differential on that car also has a nice finned cover with a large heat sink.

IMHO these are small things Ford could've/should've included from the factory, especially on something like a PP2.

Most likely your drive organizer guy has a fist year 350 without the track pack (no diff cooler).

Re: Torsen and friction additive. I found this helpful link https://torsen.com/category/maintenance/
M3exhaust.jpg
diff3.jpg
Wow, that Torsen link has some fantastic info - thanks!

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2023 Mach 1 with Handling Package
So I picked up my PP2 on Friday, has 4.4 miles on it. This is my first experience with the mt82. As soon as I drove it off the lot I am noticing a slight vibration through the clutch pedal at the engagement point when I am taking off from a stop. Also seems to be the case in reverse. No noises or anything and it shifts smoothly. Is this normal? I’ve never experienced this with any other car. Hoping it will go away

Steeda clutch spring and then when you change out the engine oil the first time, drop the transmission oil and replace it with BG Syncro Shift II...you won't believe how much better/smoother it will shift and the clutch feels even better too.

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
New owner of a PP2 here and absolutely love it so far. Today however I ran into my first gripe with the car. Took it through my favorite backroads and got the rear axle temp overheat warning. I had read all about the car needing a diff cooler for track use (and that is also mentioned in the supplemental PP2 manual) but I never thought it would be an issue with street use. A little disappointing having to slow down not even half way through my usual run. Ambient temps were only in the mid to high 80s.

Another thing I've noticed is being unable to apply throttle early through a turn and that's before any sign of wheel spin whatsoever. I have a feeling the computer senses the lateral Gs and decides not to let you throttle through no matter what. This seems to have been resolved with holding the traction off button until it says "Advancetrac" disabled instead of just traction off.

Perhaps one more little thing is that I find the throttle mapping to be a little on the lazy side. I do my own heal toes and I feel I have to hit the gas more than I'd want to. Sport + and track mode seem a little better but I wish I could have a snappier throttle response without being forced into the stiffer suspension setting. Or maybe I just need to get more used to the car. I just can't nail the heal toes 100% perfect just yet.

Beyond that I gotta say the car has met and exceeded all my expectations as a fun driver's car. Clutch and shifter a peachy despite the forums leading me to believe I'd at the minimum need a spring a bracket. The car looks and sounds awesome but it's so much more than that. Handling and grip are world class even with factory alignment (a bit light on negative camber). Very neutral and confidence inspiring which makes the car super fun! Nailed 1.12G on a smooth right hander!
IMG_1510.jpg
IMG_1514.JPG
IMG_1515.JPG
IMG_1516.JPG

I wrapped my catback exhaust with header tape and and then used some heat shielding that uses hose clamps to attach to the exhaust pipe...from about 12 inches in front of the diff to about 10 past the diff. I have not tracked my car yet, but diff temps on the highway after cruising at interstate speeds used to settle out at about 190 degrees. Now with the header tape and shielding, I'm seeing about 25 degrees reduction in the diff temp after 2 hours of interstate cruising....so I know it's helping and might be enough to make the difference once I get the car out on track.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda clutch spring and then when you change out the engine oil the first time, drop the transmission oil and replace it with BG Syncro Shift II...you won't believe how much better/smoother it will shift and the clutch feels even better too.
BG is a good product, used it for years, smoothed out the shifting of a Harley owned . Replace the clutch return spring also, did a lot for feel, in a word more predictable.

I wrapped my catback exhaust with header tape and and then used some heat shielding that uses hose clamps to attach to the exhaust pipe...from about 12 inches in front of the diff to about 10 past the diff. I have not tracked my car yet, but diff temps on the highway after cruising at interstate speeds used to settle out at about 190 degrees. Now with the header tape and shielding, I'm seeing about 25 degrees reduction in the diff temp after 2 hours of interstate cruising....so I know it's helping and might be enough to make the difference once I get the car out on track.
Need to find that menu, do not remember seeing it. Just finished the link posted, good read. Came away thinking I'll stay with the Ford lube for now, wrap the pipes first.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I ordered some Motul gear oil and a pair of Thermotec clamp on heat shields. I look forward to see how much of an improvement these two make.
Do you have a link to the clamp on heat shields you ordered?
What weight oil did you order?

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Did you have crunchy shifts? Sometimes I get them, sometimes it's smooth. It's a hit or a miss. I had a 2011 with bigly MT82 issues and BG Syncro DID help...it was smoother but you could feel the grinding way more, perhaps due to different viscosity of oil used.

wtb6mtv8rwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
Good to hear more positive feedback.

Thermo-Tec 11600 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004PIHZOM

Motul 75w140 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XPCJGZR

Hoping to be able to put them to the test this weekend.

wtb6mtv8rwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
Need to find that menu, do not remember seeing it. Just finished the link posted, good read. Came away thinking I'll stay with the Ford lube for now, wrap the pipes first.
It's the very first line in the gauge menu.

Sponsored

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Good to hear more positive feedback.

Thermo-Tec 11600 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004PIHZOM

Motul 75w140 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XPCJGZR

Hoping to be able to put them to the test this weekend.
I was wondering if you saw these or if anyone uses the SS ones. they make them 1 ft and 2 ft long:
1ft:
https://www.jegs.com/i/Thermo-Tec/893/11675/10002/-1

2ft;
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...MIstip-LCn6wIV4suGCh2r2wVEEAQYASABEgJwYvD_BwE

I wonder if the SS would hold up better.

Is 1 ft enough coverage?

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Bookmarked the link will read it later thanks. Good to know over heating gear oil is not that uncommon. I'm all good knowing there is a fix that I can apply. I like the PP2 in every way. I had a complaint but I remove it, that stupid engine cover.

"ordered some Motul gear oil and a pair of Thermotec clamp on heat shields. I look forward to see how much of an improvement these two make."

The warning not appearing, or there is a way to read the temp ?

Going to start the wrap at the drive shaft u- joint.
DSC_0039.jpg

End at the pipe hanger, should cover the heat envelope
DSC_0040.jpg
View attachment 499323

Here's a pic of the exhaust wrapped on my PP2. Between the fluid change and wrap I've had no issues with over heating, and we've had 100 degree days.
20200819_144413.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Yes...I got both the header wrap tape and the shielding through Amazon.

I put Redline 75/110 in the differential...decided it might be a good compromise weight. I thought for only occasional tracking, 75/140 was a bit heavy and might actually tend to hold heat.

Heat shielding : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GVQZ8Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Header wrap: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002R4U72I/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Sponsored