nameuser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP2, 1969 Chevelle
Vehicle Showcase
Happy to report the fluid and wrap did the trick!

Installed:
Motul 75w140 competition gear oil
Thermo-Tec 11600 clamp on heat shields
Thermo-Tec 11021 header wrap

In retrospect I should've gone with the 2' long shields. The 1' shields were barely enough to go from the diff flange to where the cover meets the housing. Luckily I had some header wrap lying around so I used that (with a little overlap) down until where the exhaust hangers are.

Same drive, same ambient temps: axle oil temps were 34F cooler at the same spot I overheated last time. I was able to keep going and going. The highest temp I saw today was 264 (or 29 under the warning threshold).
IMG_1829.JPG
Hmm... I wonder if anyone is interested in buying a NIB Full Tilt Boogie rear diff cooler? Hoping nobody is watching this thread...

NeverSatisfied

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT 6MT Base
Hmm... I wonder if anyone is interested in buying a NIB Full Tilt Boogie rear diff cooler? Hoping nobody is watching this thread...
May come down to driver and conditions.

The mechanical grip the PP2 offers on track is awesome. It allows for lots more time at full throttle than the average 5.0.

It took me the Ftbr diff cooler, bigger radiator, additional inlet ducting to direct all air into the radiator, and hood louvers to finally keep everything in check for 20 minute sessions.

Unfortunately, after figuring all this out, it's for sale if anyone's interested over in the Mustangs for Sale section
IMG_4257.JPEG

Last edited:

Sponsored

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
There is a phenomenon of corrosion under insulation when water can leak into an insulating layer and sit against carbon steel for long periods. Not really an issue with stainless
but doesn't stainless rust when it is heated? ask my BBQ.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
but doesn't stainless rust when it is heated? ask my BBQ.
Pretty sure good quality (304 I think is good quality and common) stainless won't rust due to heat. Most common causes for stainless to rust is, poor quality, incompatible metals used with stainless, certain corrosive cleaners etc. It is really hard to find quality stainless that has rusted due to the elements like heat, cold, water etc.

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Well, i joined the PP2 club last night. Found this at a local dealer on Friday, worked on the deal on Saturday, and picked it up after work yesterday. Sounds like it was a special order but once it arrived at the dealership, the guy who ordered it didn't want it. His loss is my gain! Since it was dark by the time I got home last night, the only picture I have is the one the salesmen took while filling it up with gas Saturday evening. Will get some other pics this weekend as right now it is tucked into my garage.

Only put about 20 miles on it last night, but seems to ride well. Was little concerned about tramlining with those big fat tires on there, but didn't notice much at all. My 2017 had a square setup with 275/40r19 tires and 19x10 wheels and I felt that it tramlined more than the PP2, but I was mostly on smooth roads. Can't wait to take it out this weekend and put some more miles on it.

Doug
IMG_0432.jpg

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trip
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Vehicle Showcase

gtmorgan23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Going to test drive and possibly buy a white 2020 PP2 after work today.

Im excited to see so many folks are happy with their purchase.

Looking forward to having a stang again.
Sponsored