Sponsored

PP2= 10ths of seconds increase??

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Manual SS, yea.

Automatic SS, probably not but it'd be really close.
Ok, I just wanted to hear what you guys thought and see where the disagreement was. People are soo quick to jump down another person's throat simply because they disagree. I personally feel from what I have seen (and heard) that you'll need at least the PP3 and headers if you want to beat a auto SS. That is with equal drivers, tires, and road conditions. So we don't really agree but I respect that you have different experiences and seen different things. I can't tell you that you're wrong. I can only tell what I've seen. I suggest anyone who is curious to just go to the track and find out and report back. That is really the only way to know. These forums would be soo much better if people were to just report what they have seen or know instead of telling others that they're wrong.
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
So you're saying a tune and intake is all it takes to run a low 12 in a GT?
All it takes is a set of drag radials and very favorable DA to run low 12s. Intake tune and drag radials will put you in the 11s. Here in Jersey this time of year. The DA gets as low as negative 1500. We've had 2 auto GTs run low 12s here at atco. ( stock with drag radials) I've done it and a friend of mine has also. A guy named Pat. It drives the Camaro guys crazy! There is a thread about it over in their VS section. But a drag radial only Camaro will run high 11s here with a very good driver. You mention what your used to seeing. And at your track the norm might be low 12s for a GT. I'm fortunate enough to race at a couple of the fastest tracks in the country. (Atco, Cecil county, etc) You also have to look at each drivers ability! I've seen guy in supercharged GTs lose to my bolt on car. When they should be destroying me. These guys probably race twice a year. Where I'm there twice a week work permitting.

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Ok so with equal drivers, at the same track, same DA, same day, both on stock tires, a GT with a cai and a tune should be able to beat a stock SS?

LMFAO. NO

Theres 2 things you have to consider. The drag guys and actual street guys have a completely different perspective on this argument. To the drag guy its taking care of the small things that you can control and maximizing them. Drivermod, launch technique, traction, consistency, shifting etc. To these guys getting to the line first is winning.

Now, the reality is for guys who want to pull up beside a 16ss on the street.. YOU WILL LOSE. A stock GT traps 111-112 in my neck of the woods. 16 ss 115-116. Im not sure what you are smoking to think a CAI and tune will net you 4-5+ mph in trap speed. That is a bloody joke. You wont have as much power, NOR will you be as light AND you will not have as much torque.. on the street from an equal roll a camaro will walk away easily.

Am I hating ? No. Camaro is still fugly. I have way more room in the back for my kids as this car is my minivan. Its newer and faster so what. There are mods that will get you past one and we enjoy a much healthier aftermarket. Its not the end of the world because the camaro is faster. Least not to me.:ford:

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
All it takes is a set of drag radials and very favorable DA to run low 12s. Intake tune and drag radials will put you in the 11s. Here in Jersey this time of year. The DA gets as low as negative 1500. We've had 2 auto GTs run low 12s here at atco. ( stock with drag radials) I've done it and a friend of mine has also. A guy named Pat. It drives the Camaro guys crazy! There is a thread about it over in their VS section. But a drag radial only Camaro will run high 11s here with a very good driver. You mention what your used to seeing. And at your track the norm might be low 12s for a GT. I'm fortunate enough to race at a couple of the fastest tracks in the country. (Atco, Cecil county, etc) You also have to look at each drivers ability! I've seen guy in supercharged GTs lose to my bolt on car. When they should be destroying me. These guys probably race twice a year. Where I'm there twice a week work permitting.
Well that is why I am asking what you think a GT needs in order to keep up with everything else being equal. You're saying that all it takes is a cai and a tune. That is if both have DRs and are at the same track on the same day. So I just wanted your perspective so I could see where our disagreement is. I think a GT needs more than a cai and tune if everything else is equal. Now if you're talking about a bone stock SS with stock tires, then yea I'd say a set of DRs might do the trick. But OP was asking about the power pack options and which one would he need to keep up. So DRs were never really part of the argument. But anyway, we have our different thoughts on what it takes and that's cool.

LMFAO. NO

Theres 2 things you have to consider. The drag guys and actual street guys have a completely different perspective on this argument. To the drag guy its taking care of the small things that you can control and maximizing them. Drivermod, launch technique, traction, consistency, shifting etc. To these guys getting to the line first is winning.

Now, the reality is for guys who want to pull up beside a 16ss on the street.. YOU WILL LOSE. A stock GT traps 111-112 in my neck of the woods. 16 ss 115-116. Im not sure what you are smoking to think a CAI and tune will net you 4-5+ mph in trap speed. That is a bloody joke. You wont have as much power, NOR will you be as light AND you will not have as much torque.. on the street from an equal roll a camaro will walk away easily.

Am I hating ? No. Camaro is still fugly. I have way more room in the back for my kids as this car is my minivan. Its newer and faster so what. There are mods that will get you past one and we enjoy a much healthier aftermarket. Its not the end of the world because the camaro is faster. Least not to me.:ford:
Hey, that isn't me saying that. I was simply asking some of these guys what they think a GT needs to beat a stock SS. They're the ones saying all it takes with everything else being equal is a cai and tune. :shrug:

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
LMFAO. NO

Im not sure where you have been, but CAI and tunes ARE trapping 115-116mph. They dyno in the low 400rwhp range which puts them on par with the power to weight ratio of the Camaro. Again, there is nothing magical going on.

Here is an example...

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37560&highlight=Lund+tune

I'm not sure why some of you think the weight difference is somehow insurmountable. We're talking about under 100lbs, or less than .1 sec. A heavy vs lightweight driver can quickly compensate for most if not all of that difference.

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Bama had a GT na car running in the tens last year without cams on 93 octane simple bolt ons and Mild weight reduction. if you threw and cams you definitely wouldn't need to reduce any weight on the GT. stock for stock the Camaro is faster. mod for mod it's really going to depend
There is a Lund tune N/A auto running in the 10's too.
IMG_1465.JPG

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
LMFAO. NO

You are misinformed! I trapped 115 with a Lund tune and a CAI. There is a video of a member on this sight winning a roll race with a stock 16 Camaro! That members name is poppacap. Look it up. Your mod list indicated you have no real personal experience on the matter.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
There was a stock A6 GT, and by stock I mean, brand new off the lot, not a single mod ran this past weekend at Richmond Dragway and ran 12.3 on street tires. The difference between these cars off the lot are the drivers. However if both have crappy drivers and autos the Camaro will win.

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
There was a stock A6 GT, and by stock I mean, brand new off the lot, not a single mod ran this past weekend at Richmond Dragway and ran 12.3 on street tires. The difference between these cars off the lot are the drivers. However if both have crappy drivers and autos the Camaro will win.
Any more info? Like which gears he has? DA? 60ft?
The fastest stock I've seen posted here is 12.4 and that was an auto with 3.55's.

I gained two 10ths from the auto trans tune alone on my 2014 GT with engine tune left stock. Four 10ths/mph from a tune definitely realistic (especially with the autos).

There were three auto 16' SS's at the track last weekend that were all in the high 11's @117-118. Not sure if tuned/modded but sounded stock. They run good for sure. DA was +200.

RomanB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Base GT+gt350 manifold+ Lund tune and you will beat the Camaro. You literally need nothing else. Stock intake stock exhaust. If you want to roll race the 3.31s with the gt350 manifold are a great match. Best I have seen a SS do at the strip on slicks has been 12.3. It has a tune, he blames it on the torque management making him bog. He traps 114.5 in 2000ft+ da.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Any more info? Like which gears he has? DA? 60ft?
The fastest stock I've seen posted here is 12.4 and that was an auto with 3.55's.

I gained two 10ths from the auto trans tune alone on my 2014 GT with engine tune left stock. Four 10ths/mph from a tune definitely realistic (especially with the autos).

There were three auto 16' SS's at the track last weekend that were all in the high 11's @117-118. Not sure if tuned/modded but sounded stock. They run good for sure. DA was +200.

That was my typo, he ran a 12.4. By buddy with a 99 SS ran him. I'm not sure what gears he has but I can find out. I actually met up with the guy yesterday to buy a SCT tuner from him. He has premium trim with recaros in it so it's got some weight too. On Camaro6 the fastest bone stock A8 ran a 11.9, and only 2 others behind him in the 11. The rest are mid to low 12s, still not bad but def nice trap speed on them cars. I imagine the extra torque off the line is what really helps the car get down the road quicker. It seems they put down around 50-60tq to the wheels over the GT.
Sponsored