Sponsored

PP2= 10ths of seconds increase??

1st time Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt.Auto.Premium.3.55
Curious...Has any one figured out [Mathematicians] the gains in
Tenths of seconds increase with PP2 installed to Stock Engine? .
Assuming car is Auto with 3.55 gears...Also will PP2 give the
SS Camaro[stock] a run for its money?..Thankyou.
Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I doubt anyone has done this yet. Also, a lot it is dependent upon the driver and how good a launch you can get. Vs. a camaro again it would probably be a drivers race.

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
10ths of a second in what?

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I would say a big NO. Just an intake and a conservative tune is not going to get you there! You need an aggressive tune with E85, forget about the intake.

Sponsored

Zerobar78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT, PP
The new SS is nearly 1 sec faster in the 1/4, it will help but not overcome one unless its a bad driver.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Curious...Has any one figured out [Mathematicians] the gains in
Tenths of seconds increase with PP2 installed to Stock Engine? .
Assuming car is Auto with 3.55 gears...Also will PP2 give the
SS Camaro[stock] a run for its money?..Thankyou.
SS makes about 410-415 whp stock and weighs about 100lbs less so you would need at least 425-430whp to sit right next to one. Short answer is you would need at least PP3 to give one a run for its money.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Some guys out there with LTs, catback, cai, and GT350 IM/TB are just matching a stock SS. Which is kinda depressing.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Some guys out there with LTs, catback, cai, and GT350 IM/TB are just matching a stock SS. Which is kinda depressing.
That should overpower an ss very easy. There is a built similar to that on youtube and the mustang even pulls away from a stock stingray. All you need is LT's and a good tune with E85 to match or even overpower a stock ss.

robw_39

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I can't see a stock 16 Camaro SS staying with a S550 Mustang with these mods... I mean the stock SS is fast but people seem to over exaggerate the cars speed.

Sponsored

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
That should overpower an ss very easy. There is a built similar to that on youtube and the mustang even pulls away from a stock stingray. All you need is LT's and a good tune with E85 to match or even overpower a stock ss.
GT350 manifold, LTs, high flow intake tube, and very aggressive E-85 tune with injectors yes it can be done. That car you are talking makes almost 470whp if I remember correctly. I haven't dynoed mine and I don't have a GT350 manifold yet just those other mods but it pulls on a stock 16 SS 8 speed.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I can't see a stock 16 Camaro SS staying with a S550 Mustang with these mods... I mean the stock SS is fast but people seem to over exaggerate the cars speed.
I'm not over exaggerating...or exaggerating at all for that matter. Maybe different people have slightly different experiences. But basically a GT350 IM, tune, cai, and exhaust ain't enough to do it against a stock SS. You have to ask if those mods can drop .5-1.0 seconds off a quarter mile. With those mods it'll be close. But throw in headers and you should be able to at least keep up. Several people with the IM/TB, cai, tune, and catback have still been losing to the stock SS. You would need more. Just calling it like it is. Those Camaros are nothing to scoff at or to underestimate.

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
I'm not over exaggerating...or exaggerating at all for that matter. Maybe different people have slightly different experiences. But basically a GT350 IM, tune, cai, and exhaust ain't enough to do it against a stock SS. You have to ask if those mods can drop .5-1.0 seconds off a quarter mile. With those mods it'll be close. But throw in headers and you should be able to at least keep up. Several people with the IM/TB, cai, tune, and catback have still been losing to the stock SS. You would need more. Just calling it like it is. Those Camaros are nothing to scoff at or to underestimate.
[ame]

[ame]

Now imagine LT's and a GT350 manifold...

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Dear lord, this has to stop.

Throwing away hero times, the SS has a .3-.5 second advantage. You have to stop with the 1 second nonsense. There is no magical fairy dust that the SS has over the mustang. This is entirely about power to weight ratio, at which point it really only takes a CAI and a tune for the GT to catch up. That’s it. Granted, not all tunes are created equal…and the mustang seems to be notoriously difficult to launch.

Adding on a GT350 intake manifold is going to give the mustang GT a clear power to weight advantage….at which point the camaro is going to fall quickly behind.

If anyone out there with full bolt-ons are not demolishing a stock SS, they need to have their man cards pulled. That would be entirely a driver issue, not a car issue.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SMH, everyone has a story. I mean, do whatever mods you want, convince yourself of whatever you want, and race whomever you want. Good luck.
Sponsored