• 465BHP / 445lbft

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
If you take the current car, or maybe what GM offer with the UK Camaro, I'd say it'll have the Mag ride, safety, exhaust and 10 speed.. the dash? Maybe. I doubt it'll be an option. Maybe the mag ride will be, but it seems like an odd thing to spec as the build will just be more complicated.

So, a £45k car with no options? (I mean, all spec'd)

But as we know, this is Ford, so anything could happen. £45k, for me, is more than I'd be comfortable spending - £36k was spot on (as was the Monaro 10+ years ago). Seems a shame, but the same happened with the VXR8 and subsequent models. It's £55k now. :(
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Go and play guys:

http://shop.ford.com/build/mustang//2018/?welcomeMessage=true#/select/

2017 Prices were:
GT: $33,195
GT Premium: $37,195
GT Performance Package: $44,670 (Spec closely matching UK PP car which would cost around £39,500 presently.

2018 Prices are:
GT: $35,092
GT Premium: $39,095

So in short car has gone up nearly $2000.

However by the time you add the good options:
- Performance Package
- Magneride
- Digital Dash
- Safety systems (EU cars bound to get due to NCAP BS)
- Active Exhaust
- 10-speed

It becomes a $50k car plus some.

So if Ford UK BUM us again with a set specification that will no doubt miss the most important stuff such as Magneride, Digital dash we will probably end up with a 42-44k car with very limited options which would royally piss me off.

I also noticed the Carbon interior pack cannot be optioned with 12" digital dash, which is a shame, but I guess its an easy thing to do to the car at a later date. :)

I am just worried if the UK does not get Magneride its probably not so easy to do if at all as an upgrade as it will require ECU update/changes etc.

Now just to wait the several months for Ford UK to give us some bastardised version or actually do the job right and let us specify our own car built how we want it like it should be.

I can see Ford trying to get a base GT PP at £39,950 to pull it into the lower tax bracket, quite a good positive sales vibe, which makes me believe even more we will get shafted with a dulled down car. :(

I truly hope Ford either make two GT's available a dulled down one for those strange people who buy a V8 on the basis its cost £140 a year and then a proper one with stuff like Magneride, active exhaust, digital dash and other nice options for those who will drop 45k or more on one.

@Andy Barratt when will UK dealers update the spec/configurator?
Someone on FB rumoured that September books open, production starts 2018, and see them mid 2018. However I asked two dealers who are in the group and neither of them have any information. So could be tosh. The last two points he makes adds up, but order books opening in September, is probably a guess.

We'll wait and see, if they do this car right, it'll be a weapon, maybe not the prettiest, but that's why we're all modders here :cool:

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
If you take the current car, or maybe what GM offer with the UK Camaro, I'd say it'll have the Mag ride, safety, exhaust and 10 speed.. the dash? Maybe. I doubt it'll be an option. Maybe the mag ride will be, but it seems like an odd thing to spec as the build will just be more complicated.

So, a £45k car with no options? (I mean, all spec'd)

But as we know, this is Ford, so anything could happen. £45k, for me, is more than I'd be comfortable spending - £36k was spot on (as was the Monaro 10+ years ago). Seems a shame, but the same happened with the VXR8 and subsequent models. It's £55k now. :(

Magneride is an option in USA, not part of Performance Package. For me even though I have the KW's I could install, I'd far rather be able to take a car from factory with Magneride and have the best of both worlds.

For me the important options are:
- Performance Package and please can we get the Torsen this time
- Magneride
- Digital Dash

The engine and 10-speed is a given they are replacing the old units, if no 10-speed by some miracle then no order from me. :)

Stuff like safety, active exhaust, would be nice, but not necessary.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] to be fair all of those were predictable (Magneride that is).

Digital dash I couldn't find but I looked at it for all of 5 seconds ticking all the options to see what it kicked me off having lol.

I'd like to be able to play with the interior a bit more on a UK one. Like add some red on the door card etc.

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] to be fair all of those were predictable (Magneride that is).

Digital dash I couldn't find but I looked at it for all of 5 seconds ticking all the options to see what it kicked me off having lol.

I'd like to be able to play with the interior a bit more on a UK one. Like add some red on the door card etc.

Well I want the impossible, digital dash, the carbon/alcantera interior pack in orange fury with a black roof haha.

To be honest, I am not fussed about stuff I can easily add later, black roof, carbon pack are all things I can buy from Ford US and fit myself. :)

But stuff like Magneride, digital dash are probably things that will be impossible to retrofit or extremely difficult and mega expensive. :(

Sponsored

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
The Aussie forum had an insider comment that mag ride wouldn't be available on the export models. And to be honest if it turns the car into a £50k car with all the good bits I'm even more happy with my old £36k car. I'm sure a fully spec'd 18 will be awesome but I couldn't justify that much on one.

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Aussie forum had an insider comment that mag ride wouldn't be available on the export models. And to be honest if it turns the car into a £50k car with all the good bits I'm even more happy with my old £36k car. I'm sure a fully spec'd 18 will be awesome but I couldn't justify that much on one.
Very upsetting if true. :(

One of the best fucking upgrades and we don't get it or option it, thanks very much Ford.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Spec'ing up as close as poss to my 2016 I get around $52,000 without magnaride, premium pack, premium leather, safety and so on. Conv, 10 speed , race red premium pack. Add exchange rate, transport, 20% vat, doesn't look good for a future bargain.

Sponsored

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Someone on FB rumoured that September books open, production starts 2018, and see them mid 2018. However I asked two dealers who are in the group and neither of them have any information. So could be tosh. The last two points he makes adds up, but order books opening in September, is probably a guess.

We'll wait and see, if they do this car right, it'll be a weapon, maybe not the prettiest, but that's why we're all modders here :cool:
That someone was me Manders and I was going on a recent email received from my salesman. As I said previously, make of it what you will but January 2018 for first RHD builds sounds about right to me.

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
After I agreed with the insurance company to wait for the MY18 and I'd pay the difference based on my spec car cost new in Jan'17, I thought I'd set aside an additional £7k to cover the slight rise and additional goodies (nagnaride and active exhaust).

Well at this rate, that £7k will be needed to cover only the increase...
no additional toys for me :(

Ah well, they both would have been lovely, but I can live without them

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
If they exclude the MagnaRide from export models, thats a proper FU from Ford.

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If they exclude the MagnaRide from export models, thats a proper FU from Ford.
Agreed its one of the most important aspects of the MY18 for the EU/UK where the original was criticised for only average handling on UK roads due to how floaty the stock car was which was mainly down to the dampers, springs and rear top mounts.

The Magneride for sure would be a vast improvement, its also a massive let down because it means UK cars won't have the full drag mode and properly adaptive suspension.

I mean FFS even a Focus RS gets adaptive dampers to a degree, seriously Ford the car needs to have this either by default or an option.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Look at it another way.... bring us a base export gt for £40k .... AND a gt350 in an export format for a £15k on top.... you can keep the magnaride then Ford
Sponsored