• Total voters

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Agreed its one of the most important aspects of the MY18 for the EU/UK where the original was criticised for only average handling on UK roads due to how floaty the stock car was which was mainly down to the dampers, springs and rear top mounts.

The Magneride for sure would be a vast improvement, its also a massive let down because it means UK cars won't have the full drag mode and properly adaptive suspension.

I mean FFS even a Focus RS gets adaptive dampers to a degree, seriously Ford the car needs to have this either by default or an option.
I don't recall anything being said that Magnaride was needed for drag mode, just that the auto was needed for less then 4 secs to 60
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I don't recall anything being said that Magnaride was needed for drag mode, just that the auto was needed for less then 4 secs to 60
In drag mode magneride aids weight transfer to the rear as the front/rear shocks adjust during the launch to aid traction. But its not just that such systems are superb and the one on the 350 is actually very competent it really makes it handle on track like its got quality coilovers, but handle superb on a b-road in sport and be like a comfy boat when cruising.

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
In drag mode magneride aids weight transfer to the rear as the front/rear shocks adjust during the launch to aid traction. But its not just that such systems are superb and the one on the 350 is actually very competent it really makes it handle on track like its got quality coilovers, but handle superb on a b-road in sport and be like a comfy boat when cruising.
Of which I have no doubt, but again, nothing has been said (that I can find) says Magnaride is needed as part of drag mode.

Money aside, I would take it in a heartbeat. It's just that looking at the costs in the US, I may have to give it a miss.

However, I think it's more likely we won't get active exhaust, but I really do think Magnaride will defo be an option.

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Of which I have no doubt, but again, nothing has been said (that I can find) says Magnaride is needed as part of drag mode.

Money aside, I would take it in a heartbeat. It's just that looking at the costs in the US, I may have to give it a miss.

However, I think it's more likely we won't get active exhaust, but I really do think Magnaride will defo be an option.

I am not saying it is needed, I am saying it helps to aid traction and when you activate drag mode if magneride is in the car it sets the shocks up best to aid launching the car.

Of course if no magneride you will still have drag mode!

Magneride is part of the drive select modes:
- Wet/Snow: Softest setting
- Normal: Auto adjust setting with average firmness.
- Sport: Sporty/firm ride but not too harsh
- Track: Firmest for track
- Drag: Shocks set optimal for launch.

Drive select works with all aspects of the car and if magneride is fitted it is incorporated into drive modes.

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Well let's hope it's available (and affordable)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well let's hope it's available (and affordable)
Its roughly a ÂŁ1500 option and worth every penny, absolutely superb system for handling and ride comfort. Best of all worlds! :)

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
God, I hope they release our build price very soon!!!
Sponsored