jdoug

Regular Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
I have the PedalMax and I will concur that it does increase sensitivity but does not decrease lag.
Sponsored

Szilu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Szilard
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost 2016 Oxford White
Hi,

Please help me who have got the pedal commander installed on EB! I have got an EU Ecoboost with the mode selection button (I mean: normal, sport, track and snow/wet) - suppose this is what called in US as premium package, but not sure… I think that the gas pedal reaction (gas curve) is quite acceptable in Sport/Track mode.

In case I will install pedal commander will I notice any differences to these modes? Or will I have to leave the switch in normal position and gas reaction/curve will be handled by the commander? (I admit it is a bit uncomfortable to switch mode whenever I start the car, but I am not sure if it’s worth for me if sport mode is available anyway.)

Thanks for the answers of the ones who are using the commander on similar model!

Szilu

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Roush Phase 2
The Pedal Commander is a must buy with or without a tune

Is it a pedal commander worth $300? Does anyone have it and notice a big difference? If so would it be better just to get a tune?

http://www.americanmuscle.com/pedal-commander-throttle-controller-1117.html
A tune can't produce the same effect the pedal commander or similar product provides. While a tune can make for example 20% throttle feel like 30% throttle (similar to how Sport mode in an automatic car does), a tune can't get you to 20% throttle quicker. This is what the pedal commander helps with. You'll get off the line quicker, you'll get to WOT quicker from any pedal position. The effect has to be experienced to be appreciated. I've had local, Lund, JDM, & Steeda tune with tune revisions from some of them and after using first the pedalmax and now the pedal commander, the tunes alone feel seriously lacking. Drive by wire sucks that bad! If you want to save $300 then don't even try it, because I promise you, you will not want to drive your car without it once you've tried it.

Last edited:

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
A tune can't produce the same effect the pedal commander or similar product provides. While a tune can make for example 20% throttle feel like 30% throttle (similar to how Sport mode in an automatic car does), a tune can't get you to 20% throttle quicker. This is what the pedal commander helps with. You'll get off the line quicker, you'll get to WOT quicker from any pedal position. The effect has to be experienced to be appreciated. I've had local, Lund, JDM, & Steeda tune with tune revisions from some of them and after using first the pedalmax and now the pedal commander, the tunes alone feel seriously lacking. Drive by wire sucks that bad! If you want to save $300 then don't even try it, because I promise you, you will not want to drive your car without it once you've tried it.
It speeds up electricity. ;)

OP
OP
RaceRed5.0

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
I ended up getting the FPP2, and I am liking it so far.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
:lol::lol:

Love how people think this does anything but change the input/output signal ratio. Just put your foot down harder, more.

OP
OP
RaceRed5.0

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well worth $300

And they can charge you $300 for it and you'll be reasonably satisfied. How 'bout that. f'ing geniuses!

:lol::lol:

Love how people think this does anything but change the input/output signal ratio. Just put your foot down harder, more.
That's not what it does. A lot of people think it's wider throttle opening per pedal input, but it increases the rate of the peddle press. If you measure pedal press in real time, it's faster. For automatics especially, it's night and day difference in "throttle" response. It makes normal driving (you know when you're not rev'ing it to 4k-5k rpm) faster, smoother, and as a result more enjoyable. And when you want to get on it, you're still faster than the same car and driver with the same exact build (minus the device) because you have the faster trigger.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
You just restated exactly what I said. The slope of the pedal output to input curve is higher, which makes it "respond faster" and simultaneously command more throttle for a given input. There's no speeding up the throttle body. The only way to do that is to increase the voltage to it, and this isn't doing that.

I get why auto guys might like this, but honestly I've never felt any significant throttle lag to input in the 2.5 years of ownership. I actually had my tuner tone down their driver demand because it was too touchy at low throttle and would command far too much, making normal driving more challenging than necessary.

Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has to be experienced before adding your two cents

You just restated exactly what I said. The slope of the pedal output to input curve is higher, which makes it "respond faster" and simultaneously command more throttle for a given input. There's no speeding up the throttle body. The only way to do that is to increase the voltage to it, and this isn't doing that.

I get why auto guys might like this, but honestly I've never felt any significant throttle lag to input in the 2.5 years of ownership. I actually had my tuner tone down their driver demand because it was too touchy at low throttle and would command far too much, making normal driving more challenging than necessary.
I'm not going to disagree with your preference on how much effort you like to exert on the pedal, but a tune cannot produce what these devices do. The nice feature of the pedal commander is you can drive it with it completely turned off or at varying levels including a level that is way too touchy for normal driving.

Don't equate what you've experienced in a tune to what you think the experience is with these devices, because they're two difference experiences. Unless you've tried it, don't knock it by theorizing how it feels.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I've never tried the Pedal Commander device so I can't comment on what it does or if it works. I can tell you that I noticed the throttle lag on the stock tune and even on my Bama tune that I had before. Now with a Lund tune I do not feel any throttle lag. It might still exist but if it does I cannot notice it anymore. The gas pedal feels "softer" with the Lund tune? Spongier? Point is very responsive. If anything it can be almost too responsive at times. Therefore, personally I do not see a use for this device. If I put my foot down it goes almost instantaneously.

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've never tried the Pedal Commander device so I can't comment on what it does or if it works. I can tell you that I noticed the throttle lag on the stock tune and even on my Bama tune that I had before. Now with a Lund tune I do not feel any throttle lag. It might still exist but if it does I cannot notice it anymore. The gas pedal feels "softer" with the Lund tune? Spongier? Point is very responsive. If anything it can be almost too responsive at times. Therefore, personally I do not see a use for this device. If I put my foot down it goes almost instantaneously.
The Lund tunes that I tried did have a "lighter" feel (much like in Sport Mode), but again what is done in a tune is not the same experience. However good you think the tune is, add the device and it feels so much better. If you want improved throttle response (even on top of your very responsive one) then these devices help with that.

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
The Lund tunes that I tried did have a "lighter" feel (much like in Sport Mode), but again what is done in a tune is not the same experience. However good you think the tune is, add the device and it feels so much better. If you want improved throttle response (even on top of your very responsive one) then these devices help with that.
I agree. Plus I can change the pedal feel for when the wife drives it!
Sponsored