Pedal Commander Worth It?

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I don't think I've heard anyone clearly explain/prove what this device actually does?
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Wow really? A tune does the same thing.
It's great for getting a more "responsive" throttle pedal without tuning the car.

If someone logs the correct PIDs you'll see no difference other than the input to output curves of the pedal.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
It's great for getting a more "responsive" throttle pedal without tuning the car.

If someone logs the correct PIDs you'll see no difference other than the input to output curves of the pedal.
So basically a tune that enhances throttle responsiveness without the power gains of a tune?

I'm kinda with you and would prefer a more linear throttle response. But the responsiveness of the Lund tune is nice and makes it easier to pass people. At low speeds I just have to pay more attention to what my foot is doing.

Sponsored

SergeyMelnik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergey
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
This thing does exactly what a tune does to the gas pedal input vs output ratio. Actually it does the same exact thing as putting your car in sport mode. Even the base cars do this. So anyone can try out what this product does without wasting 300 bucks. My 40 dollar rc controller can do this plus 20 more functions with visual graphs. This is a 20 dollar product at best.

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Roush Phase 2
Don't Hate

This thing does exactly what a tune does to the gas pedal input vs output ratio. Actually it does the same exact thing as putting your car in sport mode. Even the base cars do this. So anyone can try out what this product does without wasting 300 bucks. My 40 dollar rc controller can do this plus 20 more functions with visual graphs. This is a 20 dollar product at best.
100% satisfaction guaranteed and all i'm reading is "talk" "talk" "talk" "talk" "talk" "talk" :repost: Put your money where your "mouth" is. Try it out, ask your local tuner or any tuner to produce the same results and when he can't, come back and say you're a believer :shocked:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
100% satisfaction guaranteed and all i'm reading is "talk" "talk" "talk" "talk" "talk" "talk" :repost: Put your money where your "mouth" is. Try it out, ask your local tuner or any tuner to produce the same results and when he can't, come back and say you're a believer :shocked:
Lemme guess, you work in sales?

I'm an engineer. I work in the auto industry. Engineers are data and facts people. You have provided no data, just feelings. I actually KNOW what these devices do. I have used them before. There's no magic. It's scaling the pedal output. That's it. It doesn't speed up the throttle body. It doesn't change engine response to throttle opening value. All it does is change commanded throttle for a given pedal input. That's a nice thing for many, particularly those with the auto who feel its a bit mushy during transients and the torque converter isn't locked. Please stop trying to sell based on provably false claims. The product has value, but don't misrepresent it.

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not an engineer...oh well

Lemme guess, you work in sales?

I'm an engineer. I work in the auto industry. Engineers are data and facts people. You have provided no data, just feelings. I actually KNOW what these devices do. I have used them before. There's no magic. It's scaling the pedal output. That's it. It doesn't speed up the throttle body. It doesn't change engine response to throttle opening value. All it does is change commanded throttle for a given pedal input. That's a nice thing for many, particularly those with the auto who feel its a bit mushy during transients and the torque converter isn't locked. Please stop trying to sell based on provably false claims. The product has value, but don't misrepresent it.
All I'm seeing from the graph is that it increases throttle response. If that means scaling the pedal output by reducing impedance or what have you, it's still increasing throttle response. All I see you and the critics who most likely haven't tested it, is theorize about the end result and ridicule the product and our experiences. It can't be accomplished in a tune (fact), what sport mode does is not the same (fact), and just because I'm not an engineer and can't produce a graph doesn't void my testimony.

You're misrepresenting what the end user will experience by lying (yes, lying) that it's what you get in a tune or it's really no different than what you get in sport mode.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Wow. :tsk:

Since you're not interested in learning, and only talking about "feels", I'll no longer post in this thread. Have fun in your circle, believing whatever you want to believe.

Sponsored

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pedal Commander (and comparable devices) delivers as advertised.

Wow. :tsk:

Since you're not interested in learning, and only talking about "feels", I'll no longer post in this thread. Have fun in your circle, believing whatever you want to believe.
What I thought. No answer to the my points on the tune, sport mode, or the device doing what it claims (I mean the graph is showing what increased throttle response means :doh:). I'm glad my "feelings" won in the end.:thumbsup:

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
What I thought. No answer to the my points on the tune, sport mode, or the device doing what it claims (I mean the graph is showing what increased throttle response means :doh:). I'm glad my "feelings" won in the end.:thumbsup:
So far you'd rather show inability to use any technical terms or show any data than won anything. If you're claiming it speeds anything up, provide evidence.
Otherwise you sounds like flat earther....

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What...?

So far you'd rather show inability to use any technical terms or show any data than won anything. If you're claiming it speeds anything up, provide evidence.
Otherwise you sounds like flat earther....
:confused: the engineer provided the graph. It increases throttle output in the way only it can increase it, not like a tune or how it's done in sport mode. It doesn't alter the PCM in anyway. So you're not making more power or torque. You're not changing any tuning settings. What gives man?

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
All I'm seeing from the graph is that it increases throttle response. If that means scaling the pedal output by reducing impedance or what have you, it's still increasing throttle response. All I see you and the critics who most likely haven't tested it, is theorize about the end result and ridicule the product and our experiences. It can't be accomplished in a tune (fact), what sport mode does is not the same (fact), and just because I'm not an engineer and can't produce a graph doesn't void my testimony.

You're misrepresenting what the end user will experience by lying (yes, lying) that it's what you get in a tune or it's really no different than what you get in sport mode.
Youre clueless. :frusty: :cheers:

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the problem with low expectations...

Youre clueless. :frusty: :cheers:
You must be speaking about yourself right? Cause I've driven my car with and without these devices across multiple tunes. Do you have any experience with the pedalcommander or pedalmax or sprintbooster to give an opinion? The engineer provided me a graph. Do you have data to support that a tune can reproduce exactly the same results or that the driving manners of the car will be exactly the same? Or that using the pedal commander is equivalent to driving your car in sport mode?

If you don't like a fast car to feel fast without mashing the pedal then this product is not for you. The pedal is lazy, my Lund, Steeda, Prodyno, Roush, and even my current JDM tune only makes it slightly tolerable. Maybe all your cars have been this way, so it means nothing, but this is my first fast car and I bought it because it was fast despite the fact I hated how lazy the throttle response felt (which disrupted my idea of how a fast car should behave). The tunes I purchased to correct this, made the car faster but again only made the throttle response slightly more forgiving, so I was never truly satisfied until I began to use the pedalmax and now the pedal commander, which is even more satisfying. Whatever side of the argument you end up on, don't sacrifice driving experience or your high expectation of the driving experience with how much faster your car is only at WOT.
Sponsored