Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple

Kbreese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium, Black/Saddle.
Yah, pretty shitty if you ask me. The other person will back out or won't be able to secure a loan and he'll come back to you...........
Thought maybe the same would happen, but nope the car was officially sold. I responded in the thread "Congrats on the sale, Dbag"

So now I am thinking I am going to get a C6 Z06 instead. They are awesome cars with rock solid reliability and won't have to deal with any headaches with boost, no extra weight of the SC, no extra maintenance, and no worrying about opg's cg's, etc etc. Also, no need for suspension mods & wheels/tires or anything. I love mustangs but they are the biggest money pits.

Sponsored

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
Thought maybe the same would happen, but nope the car was officially sold. I responded in the thread "Congrats on the sale, Dbag"

So now I am thinking I am going to get a C6 Z06 instead. They are awesome cars with rock solid reliability and won't have to deal with any headaches with boost, no extra weight of the SC, no extra maintenance, and no worrying about opg's cg's, etc etc. Also, no need for suspension mods & wheels/tires or anything. I love mustangs but they are the biggest money pits.

"Reliable" is not the word for the LS7. Valve drop issues and "rod rub" are huge problems. The valve issues affect all years and need fixed, or under warranty for peace of mind. I have been a GM guy for a long time, and a C6 owner.

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Corvette Tax is a thing. Every time my C5 Z06 was in, it was $1000 or more. Shop for parts -- parts for a Corvette, $100. Parts for a Silverado, $20. Same part!!

"Reliable" is not the word for the LS7. Valve drop issues and "rod rub" are huge problems. The valve issues affect all years and need fixed, or under warranty for peace of mind. I have been a GM guy for a long time, and a C6 owner.
^^ Truth! It's important to see if this was "fixed" on the car you purchase.

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
The dropped valve issue is equivalent to the opg issue, neither are huge issues but they are relevant. I had 2 brand new C6Z's (06&08) and endlessly flogged them for years, never had a single problem, same with my 12 Boss, 14GT, 15GT, hundreds of drag pass's, dyno pulls, and 50-150+ Hwy pulls, no problems ever. The LS7/C6Z is down right legendary, especially once you upgrade the rocker arms and valves, but then again so is the S550 once you get rid of the stock opg's.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!

Both of those are false

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
The dropped valve issue is equivalent to the opg issue, neither are huge issues but they are relevant. I had 2 brand new C6Z's (06&08) and endlessly flogged them for years, never had a single problem, same with my 12 Boss, 14GT, 15GT, hundreds of drag pass's, dyno pulls, and 50-150+ Hwy pulls, no problems ever. The LS7/C6Z is down right legendary, especially once you upgrade the rocker arms and valves, but then again so is the S550 once you get rid of the stock opg's.
Don't forget about us LS3 guys :ninja:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Please guys, let's keep this on topic:cheers:

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
You get your motor back in yet?
LOL...I wish, but it's coming along. Upgraded parts are in and waiting for the motor which should arrive next Friday. Just got my new lift together and it's now waiting with load leveler to pull the motor. I'll be on a hunting trip for the next week so it will all have to wait. I should be pulling the motor next Sunday and first order of business is to get the heads ready for shipment since they have been sold. I'll then be installing the upgrades and then new SPEC 2 plus clutch and drop the new motor in. If all goes well I might have the motor installed by Wednesday Oct 12.

HaximusPrime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT-PP
I'm going to chime in for some advice here.

I'm going Phase 1 Roush w/warranty on my yet-to-be-built 2017 GTPP. I plan to stay under warranty for at least 2 years, and try my best for the full 3 years before doing any upgrades that would void it.

I saw earlier a poster verified the OPG is covered under warranty. With at in mind, would you just keep the stock OPG and let Ford deal with any problems as long as the warranty is valid, or would you still do the OPG + TG right away?

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
I'm going to chime in for some advice here.

I'm going Phase 1 Roush w/warranty on my yet-to-be-built 2017 GTPP. I plan to stay under warranty for at least 2 years, and try my best for the full 3 years before doing any upgrades that would void it.

I saw earlier a poster verified the OPG is covered under warranty. With at in mind, would you just keep the stock OPG and let Ford deal with any problems as long as the warranty is valid, or would you still do the OPG + TG right away?
While it may be covered, they aren't going to rush your car through repairs IF it happens. You have to consider how long you are ok not having your car. If you can afford the parts and do the install yourself, I would still say it's worth it to not lose your car for 1-2 months, maybe more, waiting on Ford or Roush. I think it's not likely to happen with the Roush if your tune keeps the RPMs down but who the heck knows for sure with these things.
Sponsored