2015/16 Mustang GT V8 convertible

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Fastback Velocity Blue
Emptied my UPR today after having it on for 600 odd k's I was amazed to tip out about 20-25 ml of oil. Anyone sitting on the fence about buying a catch can....... buy one!

Kaps

Mustang maniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback PP Auto
My car started acting strange only after installing the UPR catch CAN. So I took it off and all back to normal.
Yes it was installed as per install guide and you tube install videos. The hose on the CAN end were supplied connected already by UPR and I triple checked everything is connected the way it should be.
I only did around 100 KMs after installing it and noticed car started missing at startup and idling too.
Since this was the only change I made, I pulled the CAN out and it's back to Normal.

Does anyone else have something similar experience with UPR catch can? I sent a PM to Steve @UPR, no response yet. May be he is on holidays or something.
So I thought I should take advantage of the knowledge bank of fellow members.

Can anyone shed some light on this issue, please.

Doc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
My car started acting strange only after installing the UPR catch CAN. So I took it off and all back to normal.
Yes it was installed as per install guide and you tube install videos. The hose on the CAN end were supplied connected already by UPR and I triple checked everything is connected the way it should be.
I only did around 100 KMs after installing it and noticed car started missing at startup and idling too.
Since this was the only change I made, I pulled the CAN out and it's back to Normal.

Does anyone else have something similar experience with UPR catch can? I sent a PM to Steve @UPR, no response yet. May be he is on holidays or something.

Put a UPR can on at 50kms and haven't had an issue, now at 1200kms. Haven't gone to empty it yet, for those that have with the UPR is it a bit of a wrench to spin the top off, on installation it felt pretty tight and was concerned I might crack something opening it up.

ozengine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB Ruby Red Convertible
Put a UPR can on at 50kms and haven't had an issue, now at 1200kms. Haven't gone to empty it yet, for those that have with the UPR is it a bit of a wrench to spin the top off, on installation it felt pretty tight and was concerned I might crack something opening it up.
I Have the EB model but assumed it was the same, is there a drain plug on the bottom, on mine I pulled the plug and play hoses of the top of the can removed unit and undone the plug away from the car, quick and simple but as I said wa for an EB unit

Sponsored

tantash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anne
Vehicle(s)

I'll be following this one closely. I installed the UPR on mine about 150kms ago and no issues yet.

tantash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anne
Vehicle(s)
I have the UPR and it's catching alot of oil already and only been on for about 150kms. I just removed it from the car by unclipping the two connection directly attached to the top of the can - then unscrewed the can to have a look inside. Push back on till you hear the click to make sure it's secure. I think it's easier to get the can off the hoses if the engine is slightly warm still?
I have attached pics of the UPR I am using.
catchcan UPR pic 1.jpg
catchcan UPR pic 2.jpg

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT

Did you blow through the catch can discharge side hose to make sure the check valve is working correctly?

Blow - it should pop open, suck, and it will close.

6000 km's on mine, no issues.

Might put the original hose on at some stage and go for a drive to see if I can feel any difference.
[MENTION=14692]Aus-MustangGT[/MENTION], how's your UPR catch can going? [MENTION=15083]Bobsp12[/MENTION] what about yours?

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Did you blow through the catch can discharge side hose to make sure the check valve is working correctly?

Might put the original hose on at some stage and go for a drive to see if I can feel any difference.
[MENTION=14692]Aus-MustangGT[/MENTION], how's your UPR catch can going?
Mine is going great, I am actually planning on emptying mine out today/this weekend for the first time since install

ozengine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB Ruby Red Convertible
I remember now the EB can is different in that it is a duel valve unit with 3 hoses on top, you empty oil by unscrewing a drain plug at bottom, one thing I did notice when I emptied mine was that I did it while the engine and oil was still warm and poured out easy, it did not take long in the jar I put it in to solidify somewhat to gooey mess, so would recommend cleaning out your cars when warm

Sponsored

mwizz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mustang 390 Fastback
My Ford Performance unit arrived yesterday from CJPP. Will fit this weekend.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Mine is going great, I am actually planning on emptying mine out today/this weekend for the first time since install
What I noticed after 7500KM & emtying it ever 2000KM is that it's not needed at these intervals, emptying every 5000KM is more than enough. Nevermind the 10000 on the bottle, as I installed the can at 2500KM:doh:
Catch-Can 7500KM.jpg

Kaps

Mustang maniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

[MENTION=14692]Aus-MustangGT[/MENTION], how's your UPR catch can going? [MENTION=15083]Bobsp12[/MENTION] what about yours?
No I didn't, but can't do now it now, there is already bit of oil in it. Still waiting for a reply from Steve. Thanks guys.

Kaps

Mustang maniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll be following this one closely. I installed the UPR on mine about 150kms ago and no issues yet.
Thanks for the Pics ANNE, mine is slightly different though. It mounts near the front RH side Headlight.

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Fastback Velocity Blue
I have the UPR and it's catching alot of oil already and only been on for about 150kms. I just removed it from the car by unclipping the two connection directly attached to the top of the can - then unscrewed the can to have a look inside. Push back on till you hear the click to make sure it's secure. I think it's easier to get the can off the hoses if the engine is slightly warm still?
I have attached pics of the UPR I am using.
I have the same one. No issues with mine either. Im convinced that my car seems to rev more freely since having it on. Could very well be a placebo, but Im sure the car now has 600HP :bolt:
Sponsored