Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
Lovely!

So next big upgrade for me is going to be a sim card.

Any idea if there is some special 3g dongle that will interface with this thing (lots of empty ports in the back) or if its USB only?

I also found that if you put it into Mustang Hi it stops mucking with the AC when you hit the mode button. Hopefully that means we can use the as built data to change it to a premium with drive modes.
The reason a lot of places offer a 3G Dongle is I believe the frequencies used in China are different than here in the US. While you CAN look for a 4G dongle, I highly recommend talking to your Cell provider about a hotspot. I picked up an Alcatel WiFi 4GLTE Hotspot from T-Mobile for free, as long as I keep the $10/month data plan on it for 2 years, or I can buy the unit outright for $75. it's battery powered, and charges off USB, and is smaller than a pack of smokes. I used 3M tape to stick it under the armrest console for easy access- AND it has a MicroSD slot I can use for additional storage on the unit when plugged in USB.

As for the Mustang Hi setting, just gotta reiterate, put it back on Mustang before you burn something up. If you don't have a Premium, leave it on "Mustang."
Sponsored

Legionofone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base
The reason a lot of places offer a 3G Dongle is I believe the frequencies used in China are different than here in the US. While you CAN look for a 4G dongle, I highly recommend talking to your Cell provider about a hotspot. I picked up an Alcatel WiFi 4GLTE Hotspot from T-Mobile for free, as long as I keep the $10/month data plan on it for 2 years, or I can buy the unit outright for $75. it's battery powered, and charges off USB, and is smaller than a pack of smokes. I used 3M tape to stick it under the armrest console for easy access- AND it has a MicroSD slot I can use for additional storage on the unit when plugged in USB.

As for the Mustang Hi setting, just gotta reiterate, put it back on Mustang before you burn something up. If you don't have a Premium, leave it on "Mustang."
I put it back to mustang, bit sad, I really want to get the drive modes to work :p, what do you think could happen with it in hi?

As far as wifi, I may have to go that route.

New issue this morning. Google maps and radio can't work at the same time so its either navigation or stereo.

ranger11x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
Base auto s550 magnetic
Tried this and am having issues

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I put it back to mustang, bit sad, I really want to get the drive modes to work :p, what do you think could happen with it in hi?

New issue this morning. Google maps and radio can't work at the same time so its either navigation or stereo.
Your HVAC will stop working completely if you leave it on Mustang Hi, and you'll have to replace the AC board. (ask me how I know.)

Google Maps and Radio SHOULD work together, I'm pretty sure [MENTION=24567]Pablotheartist[/MENTION] had them working split-screen, but I could be mistaken.

Sponsored

Legionofone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base
Your HVAC will stop working completely if you leave it on Mustang Hi, and you'll have to replace the AC board. (ask me how I know.)

Google Maps and Radio SHOULD work together, I'm pretty sure [MENTION=24567]Pablotheartist[/MENTION] had them working split-screen, but I could be mistaken.
AHHH i bet it would be something with it trying to use the dual AC controls... I hate integration lol.

No joy for me though I am on stock firmware. I have a feeling the software I got is different from your initial unit.

I may want to clarify, it was maps and bt audio.

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
If anyone is interested I am going to put my brand new Tesla unit up for sale that I just received yesterday. I'm currently swapping in an aluminator with some other power mods and won't have time to mess with installing the stereo for a month or so. I'll be listing it this evening for the same price I paid. If it doesn't sell I'll hang on to it and install it when I get the time.

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If anyone is interested I am going to put my brand new Tesla unit up for sale that I just received yesterday. I'm currently swapping in an aluminator with some other power mods and won't have time to mess with installing the stereo for a month or so. I'll be listing it this evening for the same price I paid. If it doesn't sell I'll hang on to it and install it when I get the time.
It's literally a 30 minute install... I have removed mine during my lunch break, and put it back together... but I'm sure someone will jump on it!

Jknapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO v6 Mustang

When I had it on "Mustang Hi" it made my hazards come on after I shut the car off. The radio sounded better though, I guess it boosts the signal.

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I had it on "Mustang Hi" it made my hazards come on after I shut the car off. The radio sounded better though, I guess it boosts the signal.
I'm sure we can eventually figure out which part of the system is adjusting the volume output, and modify it to be louder by default.

Sponsored

Drivinglesson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Pat, I missed it, what happened to your Tesla's brain?

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pat, I missed it, what happened to your Tesla's brain?
We're not sure yet, but it's stuck in a boot loop, and the guys in China don't wanna tell me the secret sauce to get it in recovery mode, which would allow me to fix it in 10 minutes, and that includes a cigarette break.

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
This is what he has agreed to have to me on Saturday:

1 x Host (Brain Box) - For my unit
1 x New USB Cable set - For me, the one sent is broken
1 x AC Control Board - For Pablo with AC stuck on HIGH
1 x Microphone board - For my unit (My mic sounds like I'm 80 feet away)
1 x AC Control Board - For Jknapp with bad LED behind Switches

That should resolve all current issues with the unit for everyone, that can't be fixed through software development I believe.
Glad you'll be back up and running shortly hopefully!

Also hoping none of the units the rest of us got yesterday have any issues...
I got mine and will be installing it this Saturday :D

Waiting for those tutorial videos before I start messing around with changing the software around too much though. Don't want to end up bricking this thing.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
I'm glad you lit the right kind of fire under their asses. Just to clarify, your USB cable was included by accident, right? I saw you got one, and mentioned I didn't get one, but was informed yours came by mistake. If that's the case, its neat they're going to replace the free USB cable for free.

Also found out my 64gb thumb drive DOES work on the front USB port, but DOES NOT work in the center console. The center console may not be able to read such a large drive.

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Glad you'll be back up and running shortly hopefully!

Also hoping none of the units the rest of us got yesterday have any issues...
I got mine and will be installing it this Saturday :D

Waiting for those tutorial videos before I start messing around with changing the software around too much though. Don't want to end up bricking this thing.
I'm going to try and do mine Saturday as well. Any big deal swapping out the start button for the GT350 button???
Sponsored