Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS

Legionofone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base
One major issue I have run into is aspect ratio... apps aren't understanding where to put stuff very well.

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
One major issue I have run into is aspect ratio... apps aren't understanding where to put stuff very well.
Yes, I believe I know why... Whenever I was looking into the build.prop it says the portrait mode was forced. Which means every app they designed is setup portrait but they codded them to make it look like landscape lol. I don't know if that makes sense to you... :headbonk: (However, I'm not really sure if it's what's happening here...).

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ok....i'm gonna wait then...
It's Official!!! I got SuperSU Running and KingRoot gone. [MENTION=17118]ranger11x[/MENTION] can confirm that for y'all!

Legionofone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base
Lovely!

So next big upgrade for me is going to be a sim card.

Any idea if there is some special 3g dongle that will interface with this thing (lots of empty ports in the back) or if its USB only?

I also found that if you put it into Mustang Hi it stops mucking with the AC when you hit the mode button. Hopefully that means we can use the as built data to change it to a premium with drive modes.

Sponsored

Legionofone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base
It's Official!!! I got SuperSU Running and KingRoot gone. [MENTION=17118]ranger11x[/MENTION] can confirm that for y'all!
Come over and do it to mine!

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Victory!!

But with every battle, there are casualties. I lost the LEDs on the top two buttons. The solder points pulled off the board :( I'm not overly upset, I prefer nothing over having mismatched green. If I find myself caring enough, i'll get some strip LEDs and do that fix, so nothing to worry about.

BTW, the LEDs for the 2 buttons are 0603 SMD type. The toggle switches are a little larger, probably the next size up. I was able to get the 0603 LEDs I ordered to work on the toggles though.

Side note.....I suck at soldering.

ranger11x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
Base auto s550 magnetic
OK gentlemen I can confirm full root thanks to the efforts of Stangatx and my gigantic balls for messing with my 3hour old fresh tesla unit lol

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK gentlemen I can confirm full root thanks to the efforts of Stangatx and my gigantic balls for messing with my 3hour old fresh tesla unit lol
@ranger11x You rock! After messing with the Tomtop together we're back at it again with Tesla's Headunit lmfao :lol::cheers:

PS: For people who wonder why SuperSU over KingRoot. Here's 2 simple answers:

1*. Kingroot install bloatware to spy on you (Hidden services)
2*. SuperSU has more success rate of giving root access to any app on the market!

I updated the APK Manager and I will do a tutorial later today or tomorrow. Whenever I'll have the unit running I'll make a video and screenshot of how you're supposed to do it. I'll post the tutorial on the Website.

Last edited:

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Victory!!

But with every battle, there are casualties. I lost the LEDs on the top two buttons. The solder points pulled off the board :( I'm not overly upset, I prefer nothing over having mismatched green. If I find myself caring enough, i'll get some strip LEDs and do that fix, so nothing to worry about.

BTW, the LEDs for the 2 buttons are 0603 SMD type. The toggle switches are a little larger, probably the next size up. I was able to get the 0603 LEDs I ordered to work on the toggles though.

Side note.....I suck at soldering.
Nice job man! :cheers:

Sponsored

Legionofone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base
So how do we fix these APKs, even with root I wasn't able to do anything. Do I need to SSH into this thing or something?

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So how do we fix these APKs, even with root I wasn't able to do anything. Do I need to SSH into this thing or something?
Alrighty, Quick news... I'm updating the website with a tutorial on how to Root and remove KingRoot BS lol. (No picture, No Video, Yet...!) If you feel adventurous it's for you! If not... Just wait until I make a proper update to the tutorial lol.

To remove the APKs ask [MENTION=21083]PatrickHenninger[/MENTION] if he has time. It's a little long to explain lol. I'll try to make a tutorial for it as well.

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Website updated!!!

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To make a short answer. You can download "System app remover (ROOT)" on the Google Play market. (If you're tempted to change the launcher. Before to remove the actual Launcher. Make sure you have another Launcher installed or else you're gonna get a nice crash lol...) I wouldn't touch the Launcher yet. I'll just replace the BTSuite, Radio for now...

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Bahahahaha. Undeniably my car.

IMG_20170228_230605.jpg

Cars all buttoned up. G/Fs about tired of this project, gonna give it a rest until she's working this weekend.
Sponsored