Sponsored

Official GT350 Track Attack Attendance Thread

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
My list did include a request for "alumni days"! Let's get some traction on that, but not make $1800 our first offer :lol:
Count me in! It was great meeting you Jim. We're now both alumni of the class of 2016/10/23.
Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853

travis1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Magnetic with Tech package
Cool stuff Jim, glad you had a good time. :thumbsup:
I was in the same class as you. 10/23/16 It was a great time. I second that it would be Great to have an alumni day. I would definitely pay to do that. I had zero track experience before going. As I hunter I love to do hunts but, I would put this on the level of a great guided hunt. It was truely that fun. I was so much better and more comfortable in the car by the end of the day it was crazy. So I would love to do it again. Please Ford Listen.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I was in the same class as you. 10/23/16 It was a great time. I second that it would be Great to have an alumni day. I would definitely pay to do that. I had zero track experience before going. As I hunter I love to do hunts but, I would put this on the level of a great guided hunt. It was truely that fun. I was so much better and more comfortable in the car by the end of the day it was crazy. So I would love to do it again. Please Ford Listen.
Not only were you in the same class, you had my AG w black stripes!
Great to meet you Travis, you kicked ass in the skid car!

travis1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Magnetic with Tech package
We had such a good group of guys and instructors were just great. I would love to do it again. I hope to stay in touch with all the guys. The scid car was just like driving in the winter up here in North Dakota. Haha.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
While I had a great time, I'd have to recommend against doing the 2nd day. It wasn't worth the money at all and they could change up a few things to make it safer.

1 - The GT350 day (day 1) was a get to know your car and have fun day - I had no real expectations ahead of time. The 2nd day, I went to a GT - still a great car and a lot of fun. I thought the 2nd day would be to take it to the next level, as in with instructors and such. They had at least 3 other classes going and instructor time was thin - I had someone for 2 laps, which is just a few minutes, really. I wouldn't say this did anything to increase my skillset, which was disappointing for the money.

2 - Safety. There was no information given about flags except for the black flag is to come in. They used the black as a checkered and used a checkered sometimes. The biggest thing was - there were no corner workers, at all. The only flag station was the stop/start. One time we got the typical black flag - thinking it meant to end the session, I then had to make a complete lap (pit out was just before the flag station and with no corner workers....)...the problem is that someone had spun and went off track...and was getting OUT of their car! I had no way to know this...no way to know if there was dirt on the track...a person walking...nothing. They need flag instruction and corner workers, BADLY. Maybe even some comms in the car would have helped - if they are trying to cut down on costs/staff.

So... 1st day = awesome. 2nd day = low value and maybe a little dangerous.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Admittedly the money goes to the car and not the instruction, which costs much more if you want it full time. Not paying the extra couple hundred for the Boss probably ruined your day, which is a much more exciting car than the regular GT. Sucks about that.

The flagging is the same between the two days. I wish they gave better instruction to noobs, like "never get out of your car, unless it's on fire". At minimum, they're monitoring the whole track from race control, so it's not a matter of eyes, but it is a matter of communication to the drivers. Agree they should at minimum have another flagger on the other side of that track. They should also wave a yellow to let you know there is a problem on track.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Admittedly the money goes to the car and not the instruction, which costs much more if you want it full time. Not paying the extra couple hundred for the Boss probably ruined your day, which is a much more exciting car than the regular GT. Sucks about that.

The flagging is the same between the two days. I wish they gave better instruction to noobs, like "never get out of your car, unless it's on fire". At minimum, they're monitoring the whole track from race control, so it's not a matter of eyes, but it is a matter of communication to the drivers. Agree they should at minimum have another flagger on the other side of that track. They should also wave a yellow to let you know there is a problem on track.
Definitely didn't ruin the day. They were simply out of the boss cars when I registered but I'm kinda glad we went with the GTs. Without additional instruction, slicks are a little tricky - quite a few spins in the Boss group (first time I had slicks, I spun, too). One of the Boss guys ran in our group to even things out and said that he thought the GT group was faster. I'm not surprised, really. All that extra car is a little intimidating and they are quite a bit harder to see out of.

Before I went solo in HPDE, we had instructors all day and it was a fraction of the cost..yes, our cars but still. When I read this on the track attack website "Learn from professional instructors with championship experience". I didn't think it was going to be a rent-a-racer day - I expected to actually learn something.

FYI - they DID tell people not to get out of your car unless it was on fire. Driver mistake.

It was a little confusing and I have flag experience. Apparently they waved the yellow for just a short time (was black when I went by) but like I said, they had been using the black for non-emergencies previously, just to exit track - so a black flag didn't tell anyone anything....especially when we still needed to go around one more time to get off the track.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Well, not sure if this counts, but I did my first track day in the Gt350, at NH Motor Speedway, with BMW CCA... Pretty nice, but it rained all day, from morning to noon, and it was under 45 degrees most of the time. I almost lost it once, and nannies saved me... Other than that, pretty good run... I was surprised how good the MPSS tires were in cold and wet environment. Never got any heat in them, and they still stuck.

This car is built for the track for sure, it's a pleasure to hear it and drive it, and everyone was gathered around me, ignoring the plethoria of M2, M3 , M4 and M5's, Porsches, etc... everyone wanting to see it, get in, etc.. :)

Oh, I was with the instructor all day though, as it was my first day with them, so it was more of a HPDE, than proper track, with safe overtaking, etc. Still fun.

shiraz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shiraz
Vehicle(s)
'16 ORANGE GT350 Track Pack and a '11 Subaru STI
Vehicle Showcase
I attended the Oct 17th Track Attack, totally forgot to add it in here :-)

Sponsored

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I attended the Oct 17th Track Attack, totally forgot to add it in here :-)
What's up man, I was there then too with my wife. It was nice to meet you and everyone else. I would love to do it again. I'm shopping for an R now so if I get one I may get to do it again!

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
What's up man, I was there then too with my wife. It was nice to meet you and everyone else. I would love to do it again. I'm shopping for an R now so if I get one I may get to do it again!
Skip Ricart.

shiraz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shiraz
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Great to meet you too man!! It was def a fun time!

Oh man, that R is gonna be epic lol

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Skip Ricart.
Right now I'm not having much luck at all. Still want huge ADMs and won't give me shit for my 16 with 490 miles. I was offered 45k for mine this week on a car with a 30k ADM....

shiraz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shiraz
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Right now I'm not having much luck at all. Still want huge ADMs and won't give me shit for my 16 with 490 miles. I was offered 45k for mine this week on a car with a 30k ADM....
That's bonkers! Good luck though, just takes time and it'll all work out!
Sponsored