Official GT350 Track Attack Attendance Thread

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Did you drive the DIB 13 car? If so, I drove it back in April. How many miles did it have?
Yea, it turned 2000 while I was driving it. I really like the color.
Sponsored

FORDSTANGER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 TP
Hands down best experience ever. The staff does a real good job. For me, this makes me appreciate the more. With nearly 5k on the odometer on the street, I found a new everlasting respect for the engineering I cannot tap into on the street.

For all of the folks who may be on the fence vs. brand X, M that, etc... this car is not a Mustang with stripes and a exhaust mod. It's a competiton car with a license plate. If the track attack is not in the cards for you, I still recommend the trip out for a sample of one of the other courses.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Today was a blast. I over ran turn one only twice! More track time would have been nice. Tomorrow in the Boss 302 will be a blast. Just hope the rain holds out.
See you there!

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Can anyone see them? They are on photobucket, never had an issue before.... Dammit!
Say they were moved or deleted. If you're able to see them - perhaps you have them set to private?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Today was a blast. I over ran turn one only twice! More track time would have been nice. Tomorrow in the Boss 302 will be a blast. Just hope the rain holds out.
Good to meet you!

Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I posted this before on my own thread.... but here is a turn-by-turn summary of the West track as explained in detail by one of the chief instructors there:

He starts off right at Turn #1 (Sunset Bend):
[ame]

That's me in the front row.... Shelby hat on. :D
30241086695_d6151f3dd4_c.jpg

Facility map:

Last edited:

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Say they were moved or deleted. If you're able to see them - perhaps you have them set to private?
Weird, I didnt delete them but they're gone..... I'll try to fix them later.

I think they're fixed..... Anyone else see them?

Last edited:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I see them! We ended up doing quite a lot. Will update soon - on plane now.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Oct 23rd session

I attended the Oct 23rd session - some random thoughts in no particular order (thanks to others who may have posted similar stuff):
  • The GT350 Track Attack is the most fun an owner can have with their clothes on...
  • Weather was perfect with diffuse cloud cover, barely any glare.
  • The program is well run, very organized and reeks of professionalism all around.
  • Instructors for the day, T.J., Shawn, J.R., Micheal, Donny, Drew, and Andy were excellent in many ways: consistent messaging, humor, meeting all participants where their abilities were, serious stuff relayed in easily understood way. Thanks to all
  • If you're a track newb, do NOT let that prevent you from going. You won't be the only one there. EVERYTHING you need to know will be covered.
  • All attendees (and their guests if they brought one) rocked!
  • Altitude is about 4,300 ft., dehydration can be an issues. Plenty of water wherever you stop at the facility but I'm thinking I could've brought some Gatorade or similar to drink for lunchtime.
  • Welcoming dinner the night before and lunch on track day were excellent.
  • Met several other Tech owners who did not know about the Trans Temp Forscan access. (If you meet a Tech owner, do the public service and help them out!)
  • The MPSS is a very good tire.
  • Glad I wasn't "that guy".
  • Trying to envision the support staff behind the scenes -everything was clean, in position, the day ran seamlessly. Thanks to all of those guys/gals.
  • The garage is f-ing awesome.
  • You'll be smiling for days afterwards.
  • Ford Customer service folks - please, please, please convince whoever needs to be convinced, to offer alumni days as the program winds down!
  • The stripes on all the cars I could see were in better shape (no swirlies) than mine were on delivery.
  • The squiggly "Christmas Tree", drawn from the bottom up, was the most effective way I found the instructors presented in describing the braking abilities of the GT350. The true braking abilities of this car cannot be legally experienced on the street. There is NO excuse to rear-end anything in a GT350
  • Sport mode should be the default setting. Sport mode saved me from some potentially hazardous situations :thumbsup:
  • The Recaros were tough on my hips, glad I experienced them and equally glad they're not in my GT350; however, I'm thinking a hybrid seat with the Tech bottom and Recaro back would be ideal...
  • Coincidence is crazy, the only guy to bring his personal GT350 to the hotel I stayed at had my exact license plate.
  • The transmission cooler kept the transmission about 90 degrees F cooler than the hottest temp I've experienced in my Tech.
  • Kudos to FoMoCo for offering this.
  • When I asked the group, no one said they were driving the color of their GT350.

Last edited:

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I posted this before on my own thread.... but here is a turn-by-turn summary of the West track as explained in detail by one of the chief instructors there:
Awesome [MENTION=6571]Bossing[/MENTION]. Really appreciate the video of the West track and pics!!

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Yea, it turned 2000 while I was driving it. I really like the color.
Cool, thanks for the reply.

This was her when she had 60 miles on it

picture.jpg

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
I attended the Oct 23rd session - some random thoughts in no particular order (thanks to others who may have posted similar stuff):
  • The GT350 Track Attack is the most fun an owner can have with their clothes on...
  • Weather was perfect with diffuse cloud cover, barely any glare.
  • The program is well run, very organized and reeks of professionalism all around.
  • Instructors for the day, T.J., Shawn, J.R., Micheal, Donny, Drew, and Andy were excellent in many ways: consistent messaging, humor, meeting all participants where their abilities were, serious stuff relayed in easily understood way. Thanks to all
  • If you're a track newb, do NOT let that prevent you from going. You won't be the only one there. EVERYTHING you need to know will be covered.
  • All attendees (and their guests if they brought one) rocked!
  • Altitude is about 4,300 ft., dehydration can be an issues. Plenty of water wherever you stop at the facility but I'm thinking I could've brought some Gatorade or similar to drink for lunchtime.
  • Welcoming dinner the night before and lunch on track day were excellent.
  • Met several other Tech owners who did not know about the Trans Temp Forscan access. (If you meet a Tech owner, do the public service and help them out!)
  • The MPSS is a very good tire.
  • Glad I wasn't "that guy".
  • Trying to envision the support staff behind the scenes -everything was clean, in position, the day ran seamlessly. Thanks to all of those guys/gals.
  • The garage is f-ing awesome.
  • You'll be smiling for days afterwards.
  • Ford Customer service folks - please, please, please convince whoever needs to be convinced, to offer alumni days as the program winds down!
  • The stripes on all the cars I could see were in better shape (no swirlies) than mine were on delivery.
  • The squiggly "Christmas Tree", drawn from the bottom up, was the most effective way I found the instructors presented in describing the braking abilities of the GT350. The true braking abilities of this car cannot be legally experienced on the street. There is NO excuse to rear-end anything in a GT350
  • Sport mode should be the default setting. Sport mode saved me from some potentially hazardous situations :thumbsup:
  • The Recaros were tough on my hips, glad I experienced them and equally glad they're not in my GT350; however, I'm thinking a hybrid seat with the Tech bottom and Recaro back would be ideal...
  • Coincidence is crazy, the only guy to bring his personal GT350 to the hotel I stayed at had my exact license plate.
  • The transmission cooler kept the transmission about 90 degrees F cooler than the hottest temp I've experienced in my Tech.
  • Kudos to FoMoCo for offering this.
  • When I asked the group, no one said they were driving the color of their GT350.
Cool stuff Jim, glad you had a good time. :thumbsup:

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I wish I could go back and track their GT350 there again.... all morning and all afternoon. How about 6 full sessions? Full solo and mandatory point by is okay with me... extended passing zones tho. I'll pay $1800 for that. But it has to be in a 350... :D

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I wish I could go back and track their GT350 there again.... all morning and all afternoon. How about 6 full sessions? Full solo and mandatory point by is okay with me... extended passing zones tho. I'll pay $1800 for that. But it has to be in a 350... :D
I asked about an "arrive and drive" in the 350. I was told that would never happen.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
My list did include a request for "alumni days"! Let's get some traction on that, but not make $1800 our first offer :lol:
Sponsored