Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

El Diablo

Made in USA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Liking it more... pro shots and new colors are making a huge difference.

Still on the fence with that front. The new angular designs on the refresh still conflict with the original parts of the car that remain unchanged. Curves and angles being forced together. It looks awkward.

Let's see the convertible!
Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Perfectly executed. Love the new looks of this, kinda a mixture of the 2011 front end with a dash of gt350 rear. I'm totally digging this thing. Ford stepped up to the plate with the new performance options. Looks like they were listening to all of us. 7400 rpm red line holy cap that's awesome, best guess is gt350 IM or a new design that reduces torque loss.

I am guessing that thing will compete well with an ss, however the 1le will likely conquer the track stock for stock. Hopefully the gt350 will get some performance love too.

Power guestimates 465 to 480 hp, however they might want the crown from the scat pack so maybe 486? Tq in the 415 to 430 range.

Bravo Ford Bravo. When can we order one?

Sponsored

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
attachment.jpg

Looks kinda sharky. I think i dig it.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
12928764_G.jpg

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Let's see the convertible!
Let's not.... Let me try to love the coupe first. Convertibles typically don't make cars look better unless they are hard top. :p

Sponsored

Devon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Looks like secret messages in the image. 1964.5 first year of the Mustang, 289 mls to E, 289 cid first V8 in the Mustang.

could it be the gear 4 and speed 55 hint at 455HP?
Great catch. Maybe the 4700 RPM engine speed hints at a 470 HP figure? I know, wishful thinking....

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Updated first post with more info, photos and video. Will continue to add as we get more details.

Here's what we have so far.

KEY CHANGES
  • 2018 Mustang offers an EcoBoost and GT model only. V6 is gone.
  • All models get revised shocks, increased lateral stiffness, and revised stabilizer bars (base suspension improvements said to be on par with the previous optional performance suspension)
  • MagneRide adaptive dampers available on both EcoBoost and GT Performance Packs (will be matched with and tuned for, less spring compared to GT350's MagneRide suspension)
  • 5.0-liter V8 and 2.3-liter EcoBoost will both get power increases (exact HP/TQ increases not yet released)
  • Performance Package available on automatic and/or convertible Mustangs (no need to choose anymore)
  • The 2018 Mustang GT gets an updated 5.0-liter Coyote V8 with both port and direct fuel injection which allows Ford to increase the V8's compression ratio from 11.0:1 to 12.0:1.
  • Available six-speed manual transmission for both GT and EcoBoost (with twin-disc clutch and new dual mass flywheel on the Mustang GT)
  • 10-speed optional automatic transmission available for both models - shorter first gear and wider overall gear spread compared to the outgoing auto. Will stay in first gear for extra hard launches. Selecting Sport and Track mode will lock out 10th gear and hold gears for longer
  • GT Performance Package receives Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires
  • EcoBoost Performance Package retains Pirelli P-Zeros
  • Mustang GT gets optional active exhaust
  • 10 new wheel designs, 12 in total, including several wheels that are stand-alone options.

Cosmetic changes:
  • Refined aerodynamics to reduce coefficient drag and better balance lift at high speeds
  • 20mm lowered hood
  • New lower rear diffuser
  • New decklid wing on Performance Package models

Interior/Technology
  • New 12-inch all-digital instrument cluster with 3 modes (Normal, Sport, Track) replaces analog speedo and tachometer
  • Mustang MyMode with memory function saves favorite drive settings including suspension, steering preferences, active exhaust valve behavior, and other preferences. Selectable with the steering wheel controls and the main gauge display.
  • Pre-Collision Assist with pedestrian detect, distance alert, lane departure warning, lane keeping assist and driver alert system
  • Ford SYNC Connect with FordPass to start, lock, unlock and locate your car
  • Center console adds new hand-stitched wrap with contrast stitching and padded knee bolsters
  • Door handles, rings and bezels are finished in aluminum.
  • Restyled seating surfaces feature new patterns and color choices (premium-trim seats get blue or red accent trimming)
  • Instrument panel with updated Mustang badge
  • Optional heated steering wheel
  • New key fob design

Mustang EcoBoost New Features
  • Limited-duration overboost function adds more torque
  • Revised shocks, increased lateral stiffness, and revised stabilizer bars
  • MagneRide damper technology optional on Performance Package
  • 6-speed manual transmission upgraded for optimal torque
  • New 10-speed automatic transmission for quicker shift times, better low-speed tip-in response and reduced friction losses
  • Standard dual-tip exhaust
  • All-LED front lights including signature lighting, low-beams, turn signals, efficient projector high-beams and available fog lamps.
  • Available performance spoiler
  • On sale in North America in Fall 2017

Mustang GT New Features
  • More powerful and revs higher (full details yet to be released)
  • New dual-fuel, high-pressure direct injection and low-pressure port fuel injection delivers robust low-end torque, high-rpm power, and improved fuel efficiency
  • Optional active valve exhaust system with fully variable soundtrack to match entire acceleration range
  • Revised shocks, increased lateral stiffness, and revised stabilizer bars
  • MagneRide damper technology optional on Performance Package
  • 6-speed manual transmission upgraded for optimal torque. Totally redesigned to include twin-disc clutch and dual-mass flywheel to increase torque capability and more efficient clutch modulation (increases compression ratio from 11.0:1 to 12.0:1)
  • New 10-speed automatic transmission for quicker shift times, better low-speed tip-in response and reduced friction losses
  • Standard quad-tip exhaust
  • All-LED front lights including signature lighting, low-beams, turn signals, efficient projector high-beams and available fog lamps.
  • Available performance spoiler
  • GT Performance Package receives Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires
  • On sale in North America in Fall 2017

Performance Notes:
  • The GT Performance Pack with MagneRide should be faster than the 2012-2013 Mustang Boss 302.

Available Colors:
G1 SHADOW BLACK
H3 TRIPLE YELLOW
J7 MAGNETIC MET
L6 KONA BLUE (New)
NL ORANGE FURY (New)
N6 LIGHTNING BLUE
PQ RACE RED
RR RUBY RED TINT
R3 ROYAL CRIMSON (New)
UX INGOT SILVER
YZ OXFORD WHITE

chunter415

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1, 2019 F150
I really like it, not quite love it yet as that will have to wait till in person and more details. I'll be ordering my first Mustang! Though I'm really disappointed I can't have it for this summer and have to wait till "fall".

Anyone heard what sound system will be available, B&O play?!? In all the pictures I've seen I have yet to see any logo's, when the 15-17 had a Shaker just below the push button start.

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Funny how everyone likes it in dark colors. Dark colors hide body lines. If a car doesn't look good in light colors, it doesn't look good period.

The front end is all wrong. None of the lines flow with the rest of the car. Especially the headlights.

Love the mechanical/interior upgrades, just hate that front end.