Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Howdy,
Took the car to the Nuerburgring on Friday. Had a blast.

also at 9:22.

Car performed well, brakes really are impressive. After the lap, my buddy's Euro GT's brakes were roasting, just radiating heat, mine were not much different than on the street.

This was my first time on a track with a car and I was impressed by a number of things. First, how little power matters if you're not fast. Second, positive G's at the bottom of hills are an interesting twist at speed, especially when followed by a crest preceding a turn. Third, watching and knowing is a world apart from doing.

I enjoyed the first lap, but the second I was continually worried about the limp mode. What would I do on that track if I could only drive 25 mph for the remaining 5 miles or whatever. Trans temps were about 230 degrees 5 minutes after the first lap. There is so much to concentrate on, sucks to have to worry about that too.

Shane
You butchered the name, its spelled Nurburgring.
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I went around this in my Harley when I lived in Germany (pre-ownership of a GoPro). That was a scary experience. Do not go around this road on a stock Dyna Streetbob with ape hangers, haha.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Push13

Push13

Expert in Opinions
Threads
Reaction score
Worfelden, Germany by way of Sheboygan, WI USA
Vehicle(s)
2016 Avalanche Gray GT350
The E is added for the internet address only. Go back to the site and look at the home page. In German which is the only spelling, Nürburgring
Agree to disagree then.. I write with ae, ue, oe because I don't have a German keyboard and amazingly enough people understand... Oddly there is a 70 year old fella that plays on the old men's soccer team here with me and he also uses it this way.. I guess I should tell him he's wrong.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
Fantastic video, I love the Ring!

I've driven the video game version of that track for years. Pretty much every Sunday morning I get a cup of coffee and run five laps in a Ferrari 458 I tuned in the game. It's embarrassing how well I know that track in the virtual world. I can drive it in my sleep.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Howdy,

also at 9:22.

Car performed well, brakes really are impressive. After the lap, my buddy's Euro GT's brakes were roasting, just radiating heat, mine were not much different than on the street.

This was my first time on a track with a car and I was impressed by a number of things. First, how little power matters if you're not fast. Second, positive G's at the bottom of hills are an interesting twist at speed, especially when followed by a crest preceding a turn. Third, watching and knowing is a world apart from doing.

I enjoyed the first lap, but the second I was continually worried about the limp mode. What would I do on that track if I could only drive 25 mph for the remaining 5 miles or whatever. Trans temps were about 230 degrees 5 minutes after the first lap. There is so much to concentrate on, sucks to have to worry about that too.

Shane
Thanks for sharing!

Sorry I missed you. Pulled in Saturday afternoon. PCS'ing north, so car was full, to include the dog; had to play spectator. Couldn't juggle the logistics well enough to make a run.

Linked up with "Julio" and his crew. Impressive array of cars that rolled in from France--GT350, Porches galore, M3, C7... Great guys. Several combined ring taxi run with individual runs.

Hotel room overlooked start/finish of the Grand Prix track. Current focus is on PCS, but planning a Spring run. Hope to be able to link up for it.

Closer to Spa now too. Adding that to the list.

[ame]

Last edited:

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
Agree to disagree then.. I write with ae, ue, oe because I don't have a German keyboard and amazingly enough people understand... Oddly there is a 70 year old fella that plays on the old men's soccer team here with me and he also uses it this way.. I guess I should tell him he's wrong.
One things is for.sure....i wish i could.run my GT350 at the Ring. How did the splitter do in the carousel?

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
You're correct. E follows the vowel to indicate an umlaut, similar to how "ss" replaces 'ß'. There have been debates over the years about dropping the traditional German spellings/alphabet, but fortunately tradition has survived.

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Howdy,

Shane
Thanks for the review and posting the videos Shane!
Great stuff:clap2:

The specter of limp mode looms again...

Just a thought, if you're able to push it to limp mode in the future, you might want to consider doing so to find out where it might be for your car. FP will tell you it's a protective mode and will not cause damage (for what that's worth). Also, from what I've read, LM is variable with some GT350's predictably hitting it and other's never hitting it. Limp mode limits to 5,000 RPMs so you shouldn't slow down to 25 mph...just a thought...

You're correct. E follows the vowel to indicate an umlaut, similar to how "ss" replaces 'ß'. There have been debates over the years about dropping the traditional German spellings/alphabet, but fortunately tradition has survived.
:cheers:

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
you havent told us how much it costs to ship the car there :thumbsup::doh:

OP
OP
Push13

Push13

Expert in Opinions
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One things is for.sure....i wish i could.run my GT350 at the Ring. How did the splitter do in the carousel?
I should have done a little research.. go high or go low. First lap was in the middle and you can hear the scratch.. cringeworthy moment. It sounded worse than it was, but a couple of the fasteners are scratched silver. No hard parts hit.
Second lap dove in. It is pretty intimidating to throw the car into that narrow, banked tract.

Shane

OP
OP
Push13

Push13

Expert in Opinions
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for sharing!

Sorry I missed you. Pulled in Saturday afternoon. PCS'ing north, so car was full, to include the dog; had to play spectator. Couldn't juggle the logistics well enough to make a run.

Linked up with "Julio" and his crew. Impressive array of cars that rolled in from France--GT350, Porches galore, M3, C7... Great guys. Several combined ring taxi run with individual runs.

Hotel room overlooked start/finish of the Grand Prix track. Current focus is on PCS, but planning a Spring run. Hope to be able to link up for it.

Closer to Spa now too. Adding that to the list.

Well, things change rapidly.. rumor mill says I might be here in the spring now. Hopefully that is the case and we can meet up. Maybe we need to add some coolers as a winter project.
Shane