Push13

Expert in Opinions
Threads
Reaction score
Worfelden, Germany by way of Sheboygan, WI USA
Vehicle(s)
2016 Avalanche Gray GT350
Howdy,
Took the car to the Nuerburgring on Friday. Had a blast.

[ame]

also at 9:22.

[ame]

Car performed well, brakes really are impressive. After the lap, my buddy's Euro GT's brakes were roasting, just radiating heat, mine were not much different than on the street.

This was my first time on a track with a car and I was impressed by a number of things. First, how little power matters if you're not fast. Second, positive G's at the bottom of hills are an interesting twist at speed, especially when followed by a crest preceding a turn. Third, watching and knowing is a world apart from doing.

I enjoyed the first lap, but the second I was continually worried about the limp mode. What would I do on that track if I could only drive 25 mph for the remaining 5 miles or whatever. Trans temps were about 230 degrees 5 minutes after the first lap. There is so much to concentrate on, sucks to have to worry about that too.

Shane
Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Can't wait til it's my turn.

We're going next season, right?

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
So tell us folks on this side of the pond, what do you have to do, to get on the track?
How much does it cost?
Hmmmm what a tempting idea for a vacation :)

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Awesome stuff, man.

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Awesome Video Man

Sponsored

OP
OP
Push13

Push13

Expert in Opinions
Threads
Reaction score
Worfelden, Germany by way of Sheboygan, WI USA
Vehicle(s)
2016 Avalanche Gray GT350
So tell us folks on this side of the pond, what do you have to do, to get on the track?
How much does it cost?
It may be hard to believe, but you saw everything you have to do in the video. This is the tourist drive on the ring, You buy a card with as many laps as you want to make, 29 euro per lap, and then you drive through the gate and go fast. Then after the lap, you exit and do it again if you want. It's a strange idea, but it is considered a street. That means insurance covers accidents :thumbsup: but they are also reported to police (not 100% on that).

There are also track days which allow you to run lap after lap. There is always a great supply of cars to check out. The track day ended right before the tourist drive opened. We saw lambos, r8s, plenty of GT4s, GT3s a couple GT3RS, Lotus, catterham, Corvette, ferrari 458, an old NSX, and finally a mid 90s toyota camry with a luggage rack on top that ran as well.

All in all, good fun. The Devil's Diner also served up the best burger I've had in Germany. 12 oz burger with pretty good toppings and fries.

Shane

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Does anyone rent cars that you can run there (and I mean just for spirited driving, not all out craziness). What an awesome vacation idea. We were in Germany last year and I never even thought of this.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
These guys rent cars: http://www.rsrnurburg.com/

FYI, Was there last year. IF you do get in an accident, they do call the police. It's a public road at that time and all rules apply. If you hit anything, expect a bill for the repairs.

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
We'll have to see. It looks like I may not be here next season. :shrug:

It's worth the trip though.

Shane
Not a long trip for me.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Great videos, thanks for posting!

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
How much does it cost?

Its basically a "toll road", check out YouTube, they have videos of the strangest cars on the Ring. anything from delivery vehicles to charter buses.

As far of accident reporting, I did read someone's story about it and how they were sited by the police for an accident on the Ring.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
How much does it cost?
Its incredibly easy! You drive there on open track days, pay at the gate or buy per-paid card and in you go. I did not drive my personal vehicles there. Instead I always rented a track car from the various companies at the track. These are not your normal street car. They are fully prepped, gutted, practically race cars. No matter how many times I have lapped the Nordschleife it was still very, very intimidating.
Sponsored