New to me GT350 - bought on May 15th 2023 from Ford - Tons of issues -

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Let’s not get actual facts get in the way of your post. Who said anything about a cpo car? It was purchased from a franchise dealer, as a used car. He purchased an extended warranty and gap. And like it or not, unfortunately for him, he didn’t do his diligence and have the car checked out. And it also looks like the dealer is attempting to remedy the situation. As for your childish bs attacking others, I’ll leave that alone. But one of the really cool things about this forum and the very knowledgeable people on it is they generally would gladly help some one with one of these cars(a local go take a look), if one just reach’s out.

Sounds like

Sounds like you @stanglife and @geep81 love licking Ford's boots huh? Both of you are bloody Boot Lickers - If I purchase a car from a reputable dealer and it's CPO. I would imagine some sort of inspection was conducted. Your statement "The MO is to yell as loud as possible util someone pays" is absolute garbage because in this scenario why should a consumer be stuck with a vehicle that is unsafe to drive upon delivery. Not sure what drugs you've been sniffing but in what world is that okay?
Sponsored

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
it not being a CPO car is the difference between you two guys views.
Does this apply:
Is there a 30 day warranty on used cars in California?

Under California's lemon law, a “buy-here-pay-here” dealer must provide a minimum of a 30 day or 1,000 mile warranty, whichever comes first. The lemon law protects you if you buy a car from a buy-here-pay-here dealer and it dies or has significant issues soon after you leave the dealer.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Sounds like

Sounds like you @stanglife and @geep81 love licking Ford's boots huh? Both of you are bloody Boot Lickers - If I purchase a car from a reputable dealer and it's CPO. I would imagine some sort of inspection was conducted. Your statement "The MO is to yell as loud as possible util someone pays" is absolute garbage because in this scenario why should a consumer be stuck with a vehicle that is unsafe to drive upon delivery. Not sure what drugs you've been sniffing but in what world is that okay?
Don’t you think you’re proving my point when you call me names and start injecting lies about the car being CPO?

You seem to assert that the car had tons of issues as delivered by Ford but the truth is, the only Ford warranty issue is possibly the driveshaft and even that is questionable because the previous owner seems to have messed around with the car. Your beef is with the dealer and it sounds like they are working on it. FYI, the dealer is not “Ford”. I wouldn’t be happy, either but let’s try to keep it realistic. That said, I feel a little, for the service advisor, because it seems like you’re “that guy”.

real advice, not that you deserve it…look into what laws are there to protect you and pressure them to undo the deal. It sounds like they skipped the whole check process (if what you’re saying is true) and the car has been played with. You’re never going to be happy and you’ll be here complaining, so do us all that favor and return the car. There’s a better example out there.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer

So I found the video where you bought the car...

1. I know Ken Grody Ford....tons of places to get the car up to speed on a test drive

2. You mentioned in the video that the outside of the vehicle wasn't maintained well... and you can see all the aftermarket parts on it... I would have run and looked for a different car...

3. Ken Grody is usually pretty good ...or they were in the past but they seem to have gone downhill recently.... I have seen several vehicles for sale there that looked questionable...

I think you bought someone else's self created problem ... definitely not a Ford issue but I would say a Ken Grody issue ...

Sponsored

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
After checking out the 2 videos on the GT350, I can't believe this guy called me a Ford boot licker. Make better choices in the future dude, including how you treat others.

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I would look at it this way. You did get the extended warranty, so while there may be a bunch of issues initially and while it may be a bit painful and time consuming going through addressing them, at least in theory there should be a point where you will know that you have a perfectly fine, OEM compliant car.

Thet 350s in my mind are a special kind of car and assuming you didn't loose an arm and a leg for, it would be worth it to me having to deal with some of that initially.

Lastly, if the extended warranty is attached to the car itself and not the dealer you could also always go try another Ford dealer / service department.
The Extended warranty isn't going to cover the previous owner replacing the springs with non OEM springs... and it won't cover missing bolts/nuts that the previous owner didn't attach. The ESP covers defects, not the changing of parts back to OEM.

5.2 VooDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp. Orange GT 350 - Born March 3rd - Arrrived March 14th
Old owner put non magnaride springs on the GT350
Old owner left bolts off of the old suspension (missing on inspection)
Dealership did not balance wheels nor do an alignment when it was, according to the dealership, really bad out of alignment.
Dealership did not notice a whole spindle of wires tucked behind the headlights
Dealership also didn’t notice the driveshaft?!
what else is bad?
Your judgment?

Dr. JL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R: GR227 and GR378
They said the driveshaft is on back order so they need to rebuild the driveshaft.
If the problem is with the driveshaft, an easy (and great) upgrade is to install a CF driveshaft. The QA1 CF is awesome. I have a QA1 CF driveshaft on both of my '16 R models.
Sponsored