Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
As an electronics technician I was trained that in most cases any electrical problem show up in the first 6 months of use . Then they go into a mature phase . Unless overheated or physically broken your good to go . I feel mechanically things get worse as they go on and become easier to troubleshoot.. . An experienced technician would have gone to the area of the problem the first time.. . It would be interesting to know what the cause of the failure will be when I found out because one thing leads to the other and go to the root. Your going to get brand new parts on a car with miles.
Sponsored

passwords

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350R & ā€˜19 ZL1 1LE
Hello everyone, I purchased a 2018 GT350 from a ford dealership here in California with 21,000 miles. I purchased an extended warranty and gap. 1 week into ownership I took my vehicle on the freeway and I experienced a bad vibration at 60 mph+ that got worse with speed. So I took it to ford on Monday, they rebalanced the tires and sent me on my way, but issue still remained, I brought I back on Wednesday they rebalanced all tires and conducted an alignment. Same issues brought it back on Thursday and theyā€™ve kept it for going on a week now. Iā€™m frustrated because shouldnā€™t this have been checked on delivery of a used vehicle? Not sure what to do besides vent and wait for the vehicle. The third time they said they found wrong ford performance springs from the previous owner and and few missing bolts. So they replaced the springs with the correct one (took a week) and say they still have the problem. Now they found an issue with the Drive shaft which is apparently on back order and won't be ready for another 2 to 3 weeks. So here I am, I just purchased a car and now they'll have it for about a month. I don't know what to do -
So we heard about one issue -probably an out of balance driveline and a shitty Ford service department.

But you posted about ā€œTons of Issues.ā€ What are the rest of the issues? Iā€™ve been waiting to hear about the rest of them.

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, Performance Blue, Black stripes
His biggest issue is buying that experimental car, that was never fully tested or vetted before being dumped on unsuspecting (have to have the latest and greatest - hard ons) then working it out as the failures line up.

sort of like a highly toxic politician from CA that once said ā€œJust vote for the bill - you can read it all laterā€

OP
OP
Dbrabas

Dbrabas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
So we heard about one issue -probably an out of balance driveline and a shitty Ford service department.

But you posted about ā€œTons of Issues.ā€ What are the rest of the issues? Iā€™ve been waiting to hear about the rest of them.
Old owner put non magnaride springs on the GT350
Old owner left bolts off of the old suspension (missing on inspection)
Dealership did not balance wheels nor do an alignment when it was, according to the dealership, really bad out of alignment.
Dealership did not notice a whole spindle of wires tucked behind the headlights
Dealership also didnā€™t notice the driveshaft?!
what else is bad?

passwords

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
His biggest issue is buying that experimental car, that was never fully tested or vetted before being dumped on unsuspecting (have to have the latest and greatest - hard ons) then working it out as the failures line up.

sort of like a highly toxic politician from CA that once said ā€œJust vote for the bill - you can read it all laterā€
Cool story, Bro. You may have missed the endless posts of ā€œmy car has been flawless ā€œ mixed in with the few anecdotes about how terrible the car is, mostly from people who have only read about it on the internet. My car has not been flawless - I had to replace the janky-ass shifter, and I had the bumper sag. Thatā€™s it.

The GT350 suffered/suffers from two major issues:
1. Oil consumption caused by the low tension piston rings, which wasnā€™t unique to the GT350; and
2. Track use/abuse.

Hate it all you want. You just donā€™t have facts on your side.

Sponsored

passwords

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
Old owner put non magnaride springs on the GT350
Old owner left bolts off of the old suspension (missing on inspection)
Dealership did not balance wheels nor do an alignment when it was, according to the dealership, really bad out of alignment.
Dealership did not notice a whole spindle of wires tucked behind the headlights
Dealership also didnā€™t notice the driveshaft?!
what else is bad?
Obvious question: why did you buy it then? Dealer didnā€™t notice, nor did you. This isnā€™t a GT350 issue, itā€™s a used car issue. Due diligence.

OP
OP
Dbrabas

Dbrabas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Obvious question: why did you buy it then? Dealer didnā€™t notice, nor did you. This isnā€™t a GT350 issue, itā€™s a used car issue. Due diligence.
I did notice it, I noticed all these issues within one week of ownership. Not sure what point you are trying to make? I purchased a gt350 and there are a number of issues that now prevent me from driving the car. I am sharing my frustration on this thread. Of course itā€™s a used car issue, but itā€™s a used car ford quality control issue.

passwords

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
I did notice it, I noticed all these issues within one week of ownership. Not sure what point you are trying to make? I purchased a gt350 and there are a number of issues that now prevent me from driving the car. I am sharing my frustration on this thread. Of course itā€™s a used car issue, but itā€™s a used car ford quality control issue.
Itā€™s a used car issue for sure, but not a Ford quality control issue. The point Iā€™m making is that you donā€™t have ā€œTons of Issuesā€ with your used car, and you donā€™t have any issues unique to the GT350. I recommend you read through the early responses to your post - the Chicken Little ā€œsky is fallingā€ GT350-hating peanut gallery feeds off of this type of internet bullshit. You could have the same issues if you bought a used Kia from a farmer in Des Moines, Iowa.

You are frustrated because you didnā€™t fully vet a used car before you bought it. I truly am sorry itā€™s been such a bad experience for you up to this point, but telling Chicken Little that the sky is falling isnā€™t going to be helpful for you or for anyone else who is genuinely interested in these cars.

killbeagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi A4, 2021 Shelby GT500
I would look at it this way. You did get the extended warranty, so while there may be a bunch of issues initially and while it may be a bit painful and time consuming going through addressing them, at least in theory there should be a point where you will know that you have a perfectly fine, OEM compliant car.

Thet 350s in my mind are a special kind of car and assuming you didn't loose an arm and a leg for, it would be worth it to me having to deal with some of that initially.

Lastly, if the extended warranty is attached to the car itself and not the dealer you could also always go try another Ford dealer / service department.

DaveB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 gt350, 16 gt/cs (wife)
Vehicle Showcase
Hello everyone, I purchased a 2018 GT350 from a ford dealership here in California with 21,000 miles. I purchased an extended warranty and gap. 1 week into ownership I took my vehicle on the freeway and I experienced a bad vibration at 60 mph+ that got worse with speed. So I took it to ford on Monday, they rebalanced the tires and sent me on my way, but issue still remained, I brought I back on Wednesday they rebalanced all tires and conducted an alignment. Same issues brought it back on Thursday and theyā€™ve kept it for going on a week now. Iā€™m frustrated because shouldnā€™t this have been checked on delivery of a used vehicle? Not sure what to do besides vent and wait for the vehicle. The third time they said they found wrong ford performance springs from the previous owner and and few missing bolts. So they replaced the springs with the correct one (took a week) and say they still have the problem. Now they found an issue with the Drive shaft which is apparently on back order and won't be ready for another 2 to 3 weeks. So here I am, I just purchased a car and now they'll have it for about a month. I don't know what to do -
My first thought would have been driveshaft, and an overall inspection and bolt check. But that is because I own a performance business and work in a restoration shop.

Sponsored

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Frustrating thread. OP is mad at the dealer and the car when OP didn't do due diligence on a used high performance car. Didn't even take it on a freeway drive? No inspection from a trusted mechanic?

Previous owner clearly monkeyed with the car, maybe you coulda saved yourself some hassle and discovered that before you gave them all the money since now it's so obvious things were wrong.

I couldn't imagine blaming Ford for not making it right when I clearly bought an abused and mishandled car.

I like a good complaint and issues thread and holding Ford and dealerships accountable (check my signature buyback history), this ain't that.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Frustrating thread. OP is mad at the dealer and the car when OP didn't do due diligence on a used high performance car. Didn't even take it on a freeway drive? No inspection from a trusted mechanic?

Previous owner clearly monkeyed with the car, maybe you coulda saved yourself some hassle and discovered that before you gave them all the money since now it's so obvious things were wrong.

I couldn't imagine blaming Ford for not making it right when I clearly bought an abused and mishandled car.

I like a good complaint and issues thread and holding Ford and dealerships accountable (check my signature buyback history), this ain't that.
Some shoppers are like that. They don't care who pays for it, as long as it's not them....the MO is to yell as loud as possible until someone pays.

OP
OP
Dbrabas

Dbrabas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Sounds like
Some shoppers are like that. They don't care who pays for it, as long as it's not them....the MO is to yell as loud as possible until someone pays.
Sounds like you @stanglife and @geep81 love licking Ford's boots huh? Both of you are bloody Boot Lickers - If I purchase a car from a reputable dealer and it's CPO. I would imagine some sort of inspection was conducted. Your statement "The MO is to yell as loud as possible util someone pays" is absolute garbage because in this scenario why should a consumer be stuck with a vehicle that is unsafe to drive upon delivery. Not sure what drugs you've been sniffing but in what world is that okay?

ecoboost321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R ; 2018 Tesla Model 3
Sounds like

Sounds like you @stanglife and @geep81 love licking Ford's boots huh? Both of you are bloody Boot Lickers - If I purchase a car from a reputable dealer and it's CPO. I would imagine some sort of inspection was conducted. Your statement "The MO is to yell as loud as possible util someone pays" is absolute garbage because in this scenario why should a consumer be stuck with a vehicle that is unsafe to drive upon delivery. Not sure what drugs you've been sniffing but in what world is that okay?

šŸæ šŸæ šŸæ

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
I don t believe it was a CPO car?
Sponsored