New to me GT350 - bought on May 15th 2023 from Ford - Tons of issues -

Dbrabas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Hello everyone, I purchased a 2018 GT350 from a ford dealership here in California with 21,000 miles. I purchased an extended warranty and gap. 1 week into ownership I took my vehicle on the freeway and I experienced a bad vibration at 60 mph+ that got worse with speed. So I took it to ford on Monday, they rebalanced the tires and sent me on my way, but issue still remained, I brought I back on Wednesday they rebalanced all tires and conducted an alignment. Same issues brought it back on Thursday and they’ve kept it for going on a week now. I’m frustrated because shouldn’t this have been checked on delivery of a used vehicle? Not sure what to do besides vent and wait for the vehicle. The third time they said they found wrong ford performance springs from the previous owner and and few missing bolts. So they replaced the springs with the correct one (took a week) and say they still have the problem. Now they found an issue with the Drive shaft which is apparently on back order and won't be ready for another 2 to 3 weeks. So here I am, I just purchased a car and now they'll have it for about a month. I don't know what to do -
Sponsored

Last edited:

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
I feel bad for you and hope it will be some easy fixes.
Due diligence is necessary when buying a car like this esp.
I would look quickly into return policies in your state.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Hello everyone, I purchased a 2018 GT350 from a ford dealership here in California with 21,000 miles. I purchased an extended warranty and gap. I week into ownership I took my vehicle on the freeway and I experienced a bad vibration at 60 mph+ that got worse with speed. So I took it to ford on Monday, they rebalanced the tires and sent me on my way, but issue still remained, I brought I back on Wednesday they rebalanced all tires and conducted an alignment. Same issues brought it back on Thursday and they’ve kept it for going on a week now. I’m frustrated because shouldn’t this have been checked on delivery of a used vehicle? Not sure what to do besides vent and wait for the vehicle. The third time they said they found wrong ford performance springs from the previous owner and and few missing bolts. So they replaced the springs with the correct one (took a week) and say they still have the problem. Now they found an issue with the Drive shaft which is apparently on back order and won't be ready for another 2 to 3 weeks. So here I am, I just purchased a car and now they'll have it for about a month. I don't know what to do -
As someone who had 23 warranty items addressed in 2 years of ownership, I can honestly say I feel your pain.

In relation to the gt350…..When it’s good, it’s really good. When it’s bad, it’s infuriating. Keep your chin up. Hopefully 6 months from now this will feel like a distant memory.

Sponsored

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
I would also inquire how the extended warranty will play out if the car was modified as it appears some things may have been changed. Id have them go over the car and find those items for my own peace of mind. Probably a little late for that but knowledge is power at some point .

OP
OP
Dbrabas

Dbrabas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Sounds like the driveshaft is either out of balance or the carrier bearing is sloppy. Minor issue, should be fixed by replacing the driveshaft. I'd wait.
They said the driveshaft is on back order so they need to rebuild the driveshaft.

Gearz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
They said the driveshaft is on back order so they need to rebuild the driveshaft.
I'd tell them to go ahead but if the rebuild doesn't fix it they'll need to replace it when it comes off back order. Balancing a driveshaft is not difficult for a driveshaft shop and servicing or replacing the carrier bearing is also no big deal. Could even just be a u-joint that is going out. Sorry you're having trouble with it but in my opinion it's not a deal-breaker for the rest of the car.

I know Jon had a ton of issues with his, but I've put nearly 30K hard miles on mine and I've had no issues at all.

OP
OP
Dbrabas

Dbrabas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I'd tell them to go ahead but if the rebuild doesn't fix it they'll need to replace it when it comes off back order. Balancing a driveshaft is not difficult for a driveshaft shop and servicing or replacing the carrier bearing is also no big deal. Could even just be a u-joint that is going out. Sorry you're having trouble with it but in my opinion it's not a deal-breaker for the rest of the car.

I know Jon had a ton of issues with his, but I've put nearly 30K hard miles on mine and I've had no issues at all.
They said it was "out of round"

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dbrabas

Dbrabas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Did you take the car for a good test drive before purchase? You'll have to wait for the driveshaft and maybe have the dealer put you in a loaner.
"Good" maybe not but i did take it for a test drive. I just never brought it up to the 60 MPH because there was no highway i could open it up.

Booboo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robin
Vehicle(s)
2020 PB GT350
Silver lining is these issues popped up soon after purchase so they wont blame you, and you have a valid extended warranty. I would relax for a few weeks and let them do their thing. Maybe get a walkaround video in case there are any additional issues ie they ding your door and deny it. Good luck and welcome to the club!

CR151S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP M6
Tell them it’s time for a 1 piece CF driveshaft lol

In all seriousness, that sounds very frustrating and I hope they remedy things quickly. Like it was said before, they should get you on the road asap.

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
I know that it’s discouraging but the way this dealer is fixing it , he keeps giving you free balances and springs, some techs just keep replacing parts with fords money until they find it . Glad they are spending Fords money not yours
Sponsored