HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Yeah, but not while making any $$$. Unless you are an executive, or own the company.
I guess it depends on what you mean by $$$. My son got a 6 figure job straight out of college in Dearborn. Its a 40 hour job.
Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I guess it depends on what you mean by $$$. My son got a 6 figure job straight out of college in Dearborn. Its a 40 hour job.
Is it with the automotive industry or a derivative industry of the automotive?

Rcmchicago

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost 16 PP
Can't complain working in the .com industry, usually never over 40 hrs and rotating kegs in the office.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also depends on where you live and cost of living in that area.
I for an example live in Texas. i work as a Manager for Tier 3 Systems Engineering at a company called VMware, its not a government job but i also cant complain. But i got lucky, this company is known for allowing employees to have a life... I do work my a$$ off with hours, but the company policy state "Zero Vacation days"... meaning, you get absolutely Zero vacation days. You can take a vacation any time you want for as log as you want, only thing u need to do is clear it with your boss... which is never an issue, even when before i became a manager it was never an issue... Now that i became a manager its never an issue with my employees as well... I let them take 3 weeks, even 4 weeks vacation with no problems... even multiple vacations throughout the year... my team rocks and never failed with responsibilities so i seriously dont care how many "days" they took off...

Where do you work if i may ask?
i know we're off topic here but since this thread became a support group for ford victims, we might as well get to know each other ... now everybody please stand up clap and say "We love you M.a.S.e - Stay strong".
I am an engineer for a coal company. I do a lot of autocad work.

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
I am an engineer for a coal company. I do a lot of autocad work.
Do your projects rotate and have hard deadlines? Suppose that could be the difference.

I operate mostly off of "end of month" soft deadlines. I also work from home occasionally due to weather, personal schedule, etc. My customer base really doesn't have an immediate "on fire" moment except for random bits. I mostly perform maintenance, improvements, and additions to new part lines that we offer and operate.

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do your projects rotate and have hard deadlines? Suppose that could be the difference.

I operate mostly off of "end of month" soft deadlines. I also work from home occasionally due to weather, personal schedule, etc. My customer base really doesn't have an immediate "on fire" moment except for random bits. I mostly perform maintenance, improvements, and additions to new part lines that we offer and operate.
I'm always on fire with this job. Stress is 10/10.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Yeah, but not while making any $$$. Unless you are an executive, or own the company. It's not necessarily the hours, but the amount of vacation time some of these jobs get.
I guess it depends on what industry you are in. I contract as a Business Analyst in the IT world and make a very decent hourly rate and rarely need to work more than 8 hours a day. Vacation wise, I can take what I want, but of course, as a contractor, I don't get any sort of vacation pay.

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
Yeah, but not while making any $$$. Unless you are an executive, or own the company. It's not necessarily the hours, but the amount of vacation time some of these jobs get.
If you say so...you need to look around more. I get 3 weeks paid vacation a year, plus great benefits, and my hourly rate is good. I don't work 40 hours a week, more like 50 or so on average, but it's not anything unreasonable. I never have any issues leaving early to get a sick kid from daycare or anything like that either.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I'm always on fire with this job. Stress is 10/10.
Get away when you can. Before I retired, my blood pressure was below the start-to-worry-if-its higher but a month after retiring it was down more than 10 for both numbers. And I didn't feel I was under any stress. I made a lot of decisions that could cost millions if I projected wrong but I didn't worry the slightest at least at a conscious level but it still had an effect.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
we can all agree seeing THIS is makes all our blood pressures high
bp.PNG

Sponsored

Quackfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Premium
If you say so...you need to look around more. I get 3 weeks paid vacation a year, plus great benefits, and my hourly rate is good. I don't work 40 hours a week, more like 50 or so on average, but it's not anything unreasonable. I never have any issues leaving early to get a sick kid from daycare or anything like that either.
Lol I work 37.5 hours a week with voluntary overtime when I feel like it. I get 35 days of pto per year, my boss doesn't care when we leave if the work is getting done. The benefits are good and our retirement isn't bad. I work at a hospital :)

Ford needs to hurry the hell up.

invaliduser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible PP
Hey hey hey.. let's not get distracted here.

It's after December 2nd and we're still holding our dicks waiting for the update. :rant: