Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

Boggus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP
So tried to use FORSCAN to change my Splash screen to the GT screen but can't fingure out how to change it. I can see the string but:

7DO-02-01 XXXX XDXX XXXX (Mine has other digits in it)

If I change my string to that above, I get a check sum error message in a pop up window asking me to verify. I opted out on the change until I get an answer if I am doing this correctly.

Help
Sponsored

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
So tried to use FORSCAN to change my Splash screen to the GT screen but can't fingure out how to change it. I can see the string but:

7DO-02-01 XXXX XDXX XXXX (Mine has other digits in it)

If I change my string to that above, I get a check sum error message in a pop up window asking me to verify. I opted out on the change until I get an answer if I am doing this correctly.

Help
ask the guys here, they can reply sooner

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61884

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
How long did it take you guys to see the update on the ford owner website? I did the update 3 weeks ago, but I still see the old info online, not a big deal but just wondering.
did you connect to wifi and do a update check from the car? took about 3 weeks before my info updated on owner.ford

19 Kilo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Metallic
Been reading the thread, but I'm not entirely sure on the answer to this... Is the 2 port USB port good to go for the upgrade or is it just the single port HU5Z-19A387-A?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Been reading the thread, but I'm not entirely sure on the answer to this... Is the 2 port USB port good to go for the upgrade or is it just the single port HU5Z-19A387-A?
There is a 2 port that works BUT with it, the dash USB port won't work anymore. You go from one up front and one in the console to 2 in the console.

Sponsored

19 Kilo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is a 2 port that works BUT with it, the dash USB port won't work anymore. You go from one up front and one in the console to 2 in the console.
Ah, OK. That's not horrible then. It does seem like a weird and capricious limitation, but meh...

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
Ah, OK. That's not horrible then. It does seem like a weird and capricious limitation, but meh...
The "single port" option simply has a connection for the remote 2nd port and you connect the wire from the remote front port there. The "dual port" option has the second port build-in and is missing the connection to the remote port. It's not a capricious limitation but simply the fact that the system only has support for two ports.

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
Just FYI. Front port will continue to charge at least.
By default if you install the dual port hub the front port wire will be left unconnected. If you know what you're doing you can splice the front connector and connect the appropriate wires to a power source. But it will not charge if you just leave it disconnected...

Last edited:

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
By default if you install the dual port hub the front port wire will be left unconnected. If you know what you're doing you can splice the front connector and connect the appropriate wires to a power source. But it will not charge if you just leave it disconnected...
Ah gotcha. I was basing this off my setup but yea, depending on the installation.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Not weird so much. The dual port hub isn't made for the Mustang. It's made for cars that came from the factory with 2 ports where the hub is installed. Mustang owners started using it because they couldn't get the one made for Mustangs or really preferred two ports in the console instead of one in the console and one up front, although I don't recall anyone installing the pre-carplay two port hub in a Mustang to get two ports in the console.

Tribefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
The "single port" option simply has a connection for the remote 2nd port and you connect the wire from the remote front port there. The "dual port" option has the second port build-in and is missing the connection to the remote port. It's not a capricious limitation but simply the fact that the system only has support for two ports.
So to be sure I'm understanding this correctly, I can install HU5Z-19A387-A and maintain fully functional front and console ports? Both ports will charge AND provide Car Play functionality?

19 Kilo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah, OK. My thought on the limitation was that it was in software. If it's just isolating the front port by disconnecting it, that's an easy enough workaround.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Ah, OK. My thought on the limitation was that it was in software. If it's just isolating the front port by disconnecting it, that's an easy enough workaround.
It's not. The APIM only allows 2 connections. Even if you change the hardware, you'd have to alter the firmware. You'll see if you attempt to connect a USB hub.
Sponsored