Sponsored

New Shelby GT350 Mustang Revealed! 5.2L Flat Plane Crank V8, 500+HP / 400 LB-FT

jrease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
Yes sir, we will be there to cover the live unveiling today and the LA auto show (if it's there) later in the week. Stay tuned.

I'm sure certain details will be kept guarded for now, but we will ask questions if time and opportunity allow. Open to suggestions.
Awesome can't wait to see it. just want to know one thing... who do I send my money to?
Sponsored

WildHorses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
maybe because I am purist with the GT350, but there should not be a Snake on the grille, should be a tri-bar pony emblem like the 65/66 Gt350s

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
I want to see this monster EMBARRASS the "bow tie" guys! :ford:
I'm hopeful that it will smack the Z28, along with the M4 and some of the lower end Porsche's as well.

If it smacks the C7 around like a little ***** I'll paint myself Ford blue and dance naked in the street. :shocked:

Go Ford!!!

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
maybe because I am purist with the GT350, but there should not be a Snake on the grille, should be a tri-bar pony emblem like the 65/66 Gt350s
Isn't that the Shelby snake badge that was on the original 350's and 500's?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Yes sir, we will be there to cover the live unveiling today and the LA auto show (if it's there) later in the week. Stay tuned.

I'm sure certain details will be kept guarded for now, but we will ask questions if time and opportunity allow. Open to suggestions.

Thank you, Jarstang. This place rocks. But then you know that :thumbsup:

Sponsored

ilkhan

435 ilkhan approved HP.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[Gone 2016 400A] > 2017 F150
Why are the wheels still staggered? Seems like the wider track would allow them to use the same front/back, and thus allow tired to be rotated front/back even if direction treads are used.

Other than that, want level: 11.

ArtRios87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Brembo Pack
Wait until you sit in it and see how it feels... This thing will shake like you wouldn't believe and won't be very comfortable. I guarantee it. Notice the "tech package"? Which gives you essentially everything in a Premium? That's because this was designed to be a track car, not a daily car. Think of it similar to a 2000 Cobra R or Z28 Camaro, those drivers may have bought those cars but they will tell you that it would grind on you to drive everyday.

The motor may run fine, but it will be bolted and structured into the frame. Look at a Ferrari engine bay, and those FPC are smaller displacement even. I am more curious to see how Ford dealt with the increased front weight from the structuring, unless they used a lot of carbon fiber type materials.
This engine is probably lighter than the one in the GT if not the same. The added weight usually comes from other components since this is a NA car. I hope this car stays at around 3750 lbs.

Gudz2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
let's be honest yes this is a rival for the z28 but is a z28 worth 72k? Maybe 10k more than a 1le. It is a good suspension, tires, brekes and a big motor that they have had for years now. Maybe ford wont punish us for GM's ridiculously high price tag on the Z28. :ford:

ArtRios87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm hopeful that it will smack the Z28, along with the M4 and some of the lower end Porsche's as well.

If it smacks the C7 around like a little ***** I'll paint myself Ford blue and dance naked in the street. :shocked:

Go Ford!!!
Have no doubt that this was build to beat the Z28. That new Magnetic suspension, 10.5 and 11 inch wide wheels mean the rubber ain't small either. Ford has what it takes to make a monster and this one is special, the engine specially. N/A 5.2 liter making around 529 hp I am predicting.

Sponsored

TheRican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has Wheels
No way this car smacks the corvettes around - and it'll be priced as one... Pity.

ArtRios87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
let's be honest yes this is a rival for the z28 but is a z28 worth 72k? Maybe 10k more than a 1le. It is a good suspension, tires, brekes and a big motor that they have had for years now. Maybe ford wont punish us for GM's ridiculously high price tag on the Z28. :ford:
I don't think it will be Z28 expensive but it will be up there in the 60s no doubt. The 1LE is a gutted Camaro SS with parts from the ZL1. Its like putting gt500 wheels and suspension in the Mustang GT, not the same as what the GT350 is.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Lots of definitive statements for a car you know next to nothing about :)
He is not a fan of the Mustang. Half of his posts are complaints, if not more.
Sponsored