Sponsored

New Shelby GT350 Mustang Revealed! 5.2L Flat Plane Crank V8, 500+HP / 400 LB-FT

ArtRios87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Brembo Pack
Why are the wheels still staggered? Seems like the wider track would allow them to use the same front/back, and thus allow tired to be rotated front/back even if direction treads are used.

Other than that, want level: 11.
There are many reasons, I won't bother explaining them but I don't think rotating tires is much of a concern for this type of car. I even have staggered tires in my 2011 Mustang GT 255 front and 285 rear in a 11 and 9.5 inch forged wheel.

My question is, are this the Carbon fiber wheels, there is nothing in the writing that suggest this to be an option.

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
Yes sir, we will be there to cover the live unveiling today and the LA auto show (if it's there) later in the week. Stay tuned.

I'm sure certain details will be kept guarded for now, but we will ask questions if time and opportunity allow. Open to suggestions.
If you get a chance, could you try to find out anything related to how how limited the production might be? Hopefully, they'll build enough that once production gets going, the dealer gouging will settle down somewhat.

BaylorCorvette

Track > 1/4 Mile
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 C7 Z51
This is the first Ford product I am extremely interested in and really wanting to buy. Ford did a great job hyping this car up with the video's that they have released over the past two weeks, and the car itself definitely does not disappoint. I'm thinking this car is going to be a serious contender on the track and I'm sure the high reving flat plane V8 is going to be intoxicating. I know the idle clip that is in Ford's video sure is.

One big question I have (aside from red line & power) is the price. I see some people saying 50's or mid 60's but I gotta think it is going to be high 60's (minimum). Think about it, the R&D for this Flat Plane V8 is going to be a ton and they aren't spreading that cost out among other vehicles, let alone a higher production vehicle. Also I'm curious about the Mag. Ride Suspension. This is the first time Ford is doing this, so that is going to add cost as well. At least GM has been doing this for years and that cost is spread out on the ZL1, Corvette, and several Cadillac's.

Ok, what's the point? 60k car with 70 more hp. Now if it was something like the gt500 hp numbers then id go for that. If the car was 50k , good deal but bet u over 60k.
This is very similar to the SS guys saying why bother buying a ZL1 when you can put a blower on an SS for cheaper. Yeah you can, but it still doesn't have the beefed up internals, oil squirters, diff cooler, trans cooler, oil cooler, Mag. Ride, Aero Kit, larger brakes, lighter wheels, etc. It's the sum of its parts, not just one specific thing such as power.

Very similar to the Z/28 and everything that went into it. It's amazing the lap times it puts down for being a fat pig.

I want to see this monster EMBARRASS the "bow tie" guys! :ford:
I'm skeptical that it will EMBARRASS the Z/28. It will likely keep up with it and maybe beat it, but I think it is going to be hard to "embarrass it." It doesn't have the Pirelli Trofeo tires, nor the huge Carbon Ceramic brakes. However the engine is going to be legit. Also I do not think it is going to be too much (if any) lighter than the 5.0. It's going to have larger brakes, larger wheels, larger tires, etc all of which is adding weight. Also the mag. ride adds a good bit of weight, which is why Chevy opted not to use it on the Z/28. Of course they probably did cut weight in other area's but as someone mentioned, it will likely be a wash. I think even the Boss gained weight over the GT, correct?

Mazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dumb honda
RevAuto is making 450rwhp with boltons. AM is running low 11s with boltons. This isn't conjecture. I'm not saying that it'll keep up the 'ring. But at the strip?
Honestly, nobody gives a rats ass about it on the strip. That's not what the car is built for.

Sponsored

Swamp Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Liberty
I want to see high quality pictures of the interior. If I can afford one, I will be spending a lot of quality time there. :D

ArtRios87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Brembo Pack
This is the first Ford product I am extremely interested in and really wanting to buy. Ford did a great job hyping this car up with the video's that they have released over the past two weeks, and the car itself definitely does not disappoint. I'm thinking this car is going to be a serious contender on the track and I'm sure the high reving flat plane V8 is going to be intoxicating. I know the idle clip that is in Ford's video sure is.

One big question I have (aside from red line & power) is the price. I see some people saying 50's or mid 60's but I gotta think it is going to be high 60's (minimum). Think about it, the R&D for this Flat Plane V8 is going to be a ton and they aren't spreading that cost out among other vehicles, let alone a higher production vehicle. Also I'm curious about the Mag. Ride Suspension. This is the first time Ford is doing this, so that is going to add cost as well. At least GM has been doing this for years and that cost is spread out on the ZL1, Corvette, and several Cadillac's.

This is very similar to the SS guys saying why bother buying a ZL1 when you can put a blower on an SS for cheaper. Yeah you can, but it still doesn't have the beefed up internals, oil squirters, diff cooler, trans cooler, oil cooler, Mag. Ride, Aero Kit, larger brakes, lighter wheels, etc. It's the sum of its parts, not just one specific thing such as power.

Very similar to the Z/28 and everything that went into it. It's amazing the lap times it puts down for being a fat pig.

I'm skeptical that it will EMBARRASS the Z/28. It will likely keep up with it and maybe beat it, but I think it is going to be hard to "embarrass it." It doesn't have the Pirelli Trofeo tires, nor the huge Carbon Ceramic brakes. However the engine is going to be legit. Also I do not think it is going to be too much (if any) lighter than the 5.0. It's going to have larger brakes, larger wheels, larger tires, etc all of which is adding weight. Also the mag. ride also adds a good bit of weight, which is why Chevy opted not to use it on the Z/28. Of course they probably did cut weight in other area's but as someone mentioned, it will likely be a wash. I think even the Boss gained weight over the GT, correct?
As Far as I know the Boss 302 is the same weight as my 2011 Mustang GT track pack. Right at around 3600 lbs. This might have bigger brakes, tires and wheels, but it also has lighter components, the wheels might be forged so they might actually be around 9 lbs lighter per wheel, also the exhaust in the 2015 Mustang GT is apperantly crazy heavy so they might save some weight there, also the roof looks like carbon fiber among other components. I predict the weight will stay the same, while I hope it's actually lighter only time will tell. I can only predict that this will be the most intoxicating Mustang so far, everything about this car screams exotic. When it comes to the Z28, the Z28 was pitted against supercars like the Porsche Turbo, GTR, among others and did amazing. The GT350 might not embarrass the z28 but I reckon it will be faster both in a straight line and around the track but specially in a straight line since the Boss 302 is almost just as fast as the z28 with 444 hp. With the being said, the GT350 is going to be heavier than the Boss 302 so who knows. I just can't wait :ford:

Mazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dumb honda
I'm guessing this has a dry sump oil system, no oil pan = engine being able to put lower into the car hence why the hood and whole front end was reshaped? plus it'll be really good for balance on the track as well with the lower engine

no one has mentioned it so far and I think it would be a good guess for the gt350

Gripley

Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Griffin
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium Redfire
Hey guys, long time lurker. Love this site. Okay, straight to business haha. Can someone PLEASE explain to me the obvious turbo noise/BOV at 1:20 in the GT350 release video? It almost gave me a heart attack.

Sponsored

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Silver Auto W/3.55's
2015 GT350

Now this may be a silly question and probably asked/answered before so I apologize in advance. Why is it a GT350 instead of a GT500..?
Of course I'm not in the know at Ford...but my guess is that the GT500 is coming. It'll be the GT350 either SC or twin turbo. Thats my guess.

Ford seems to have taken a page from the platy book of Apple and will trickle out the next best product for those that just have to have the biggest and the best no matter what the cost.

Gripley

Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Griffin
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium Redfire
In reference to my last post about turbo noise, could this be a teaser for a GT500?

BaylorCorvette

Track > 1/4 Mile
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 C7 Z51
As Far as I know the Boss 302 is the same weight as my 2011 Mustang GT track pack. Right at around 3600 lbs. This might have bigger brakes, tires and wheels, but it also has lighter components, the wheels might be forged so they might actually be around 9 lbs lighter per wheel, also the exhaust in the 2015 Mustang GT is apperantly crazy heavy so they might save some weight there, also the roof looks like carbon fiber among other components. I predict the weight will stay the same, while I hope it's actually lighter only time will tell. I can only predict that this will be the most intoxicating Mustang so far, everything about this car screams exotic. When it comes to the Z28, the Z28 was pitted against supercars like the Porsche Turbo, GTR, among others and did amazing. The GT350 might not embarrass the z28 but I reckon it will be faster both in a straight line and around the track but specially in a straight line since the Boss 302 is almost just as fast as the z28 with 444 hp. With the being said, the GT350 is going to be heavier than the Boss 302 so who knows. I just can't wait :ford:
I forgot about how heavy the stock 2015 GT exhaust is, not doubt weight will be saved on the GT350 just in the exhaust. However when you start doing things like carbon fiber and forging compenents you're talking about adding money. So it's that balance that Ford has to find. No doubt this GT350 could run circles around most track cars but then you have to ask yourself, at what cost?

I do agree that this FPC has added an extra level of "exoticness" to the car. I still can't get over that engine note and how unique it sounds in comparison to any other American V8. Big thumbs up to Ford! :thumbsup:

DHG1078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang Bullitt, 1985 Mustang Hatch
is this car legal in any racing classes?
Ford has been pretty good about making their track cars legal for different classes, so I would assume so.

Hopefully we'll know in an hour.

Xathanael

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walter
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Mustang V6
Hey guys, long time lurker. Love this site. Okay, straight to business haha. Can someone PLEASE explain to me the obvious turbo noise/BOV at 1:20 in the GT350 release video? It almost gave me a heart attack.

Hello, that noise isn't from a turbo if you listen close you will notice it is part of the background music coming to an end when the Ford logo appears.
Sponsored