New member thinking about buying a 2022 Mustang GT,,looking for advice

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I think your above statement about the suspension is 100% on the money, at least for street use.
Its a crazy expensive option for a mustang and no way would most people appreciate it.
Sponsored

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yup made that mistake once and not doing it again. Sold my 2022 and ordered a PP with the A10. But I won`t openly recommend people getting the PP because its very expensive. I think the base suspension offers enough for most people. But coming from European cars I was kind of not happy with it. For me it would depend on the person and how they drive.

I also wouldn`t openly recommend the manual after owning it.
yeah I agree, if you’re coming from a tight suspension you’ll dislike the stock suspension, it’s loose and floaty, but not awful.

Personally though, I think it’s pretty easy to feel the difference on the street. If all you do is gun it in a straight line then no you won’t notice. But if someone likes to push it around corners, the PP1 is noticeable.

I like the manual, I haven’t found any issues with it at all. As far as stock for stock comparisons, it’s nice.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
To the OP. I got my 22 Mustang the first week of July for my 49th birthday. It has been a blast and I enjoy driving as often as I can. I found a premium performance pack with the 10 auto and Iove it. Comfortable and fast as all get out. I say go for it...

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Of course everyone here is going to recommend what choices they themselves made.
let me be that contrarian.

GT/PP1 is what I bought - don't bother. The PP1 suspension is a sick joke.

Buy a straight GT (active exhaust is plus) and put Bilstein shocks at all 4 corners and maybe a MODEST front bar (eg. BMR/WHiteline/Eibach). Do the simple Diff bolt swap - really just install the 2 sleeves, and put Whiteline IRS bushing inserts in.

Then drive, drive, and drive some more. It'll be more than good for street and light track duty.

As someone else posted, I can personally vouch that even 10 year old German cars handle better than a brand new Mustang.

I think the A10's programming is complete, utterly disgustingly bad. Get a trans tune at your earliest convenience - something modeled along the lines of the one in the F-150 which is VASTLY better.

Last edited:

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
let me be that contrarian.

GT/PP1 is what I bought - don't bother. The PP1 suspension is a sick joke.

Buy a straight GT (active exhaust is plus) and put Bilstein shocks at all 4 corners and maybe a MODEST front bar (eg. BMR/WHiteline/Eibach). Do the simple Diff bolt swap - really just install the 2 sleeves, and put Whiteline IRS bushing inserts in.

Then drive, drive, and drive some more. It'll be more than good for street and light track duty.

As someone else posted, I can personally vouch that even 10 year old German cars handle better than a brand new Mustang.

I think the A10's programming is complete, utterly disgustingly bad. Get a trans tune at your earliest convenience - something modeled along the lines of the one in the F-150 which is VASTLY better.
For me though the PP1 is more than just a sportier suspension. You get the much better looking rims, wider tires, interior gauges, and of course the extra performance parts. The best part is that its 100% covered by your insurance and Ford warranty for years.

now buying a base GT. The stock rims are pretty average looking and come with a unbelievable tire for a 450HP car. I believe its a all season 235. So if you want to do it right you gotta upgrade the wheels, tires, shocks, front bar or anything else you mentioned. You just spent thousands of dollars and most likely will have warranty problems related to the suspension if something breaks.

But with that all said, I still won`t recommend the PP1 because most people don`t need it. Even a base GT it more than enough to have fun on the roads.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Almost nobody on this forum keeps factory wheels or tires I suspect. The silver split 5 option wheels look good but the pp1 rims are heavy and impossible to clean.

Even the Ecoboost needs at least 9.5 rims with 275 tires up front.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The factory 18x8 wheels are good for a winter set, that’s what mine are being used for. First upgrade when my car got delivered was a set of wheels and summer tires. I went up to 20x10 SVE’s. Still lighter than the factory 18’s

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
For me though the PP1 is more than just a sportier suspension. You get the much better looking rims, wider tires, interior gauges, and of course the extra performance parts. The best part is that its 100% covered by your insurance and Ford warranty for years.

now buying a base GT. The stock rims are pretty average looking and come with a unbelievable tire for a 450HP car. I believe its a all season 235. So if you want to do it right you gotta upgrade the wheels, tires, shocks, front bar or anything else you mentioned. You just spent thousands of dollars and most likely will have warranty problems related to the suspension if something breaks.

But with that all said, I still won`t recommend the PP1 because most people don`t need it. Even a base GT it more than enough to have fun on the roads.
I think the Black Accent Package has been a good option for the $1195.00 they now charge. Not only do you get the black trim pieces but also an upgrade to the 255/40-19 tires on black 19x8.5 wheels. They look great on the car and drive great as well.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I think the Black Accent Package has been a good option for the $1195.00 they now charge. Not only do you get the black trim pieces but also an upgrade to the 255/40-19 tires on black 19x8.5 wheels. They look great on the car and drive great as well.
Totally agree, in fact that`s how I optioned my 2022. Really makes a big difference over the base model.

jamus34

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
'23 Mach 1 (on order)
Congrats!!!!

I'm in my mid-40's and ordered my first Mustang - a Mach 1.

The wait's going to be excruciating.

Sponsored

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
Go used and find a PP1 or at least a premium for the same price as a new base GT.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Go used and find a PP1 or at least a premium for the same price as a new base GT.
you'll have to wait a few more months for those prices to normalize. But generally a good recommendation.

So, granted it's an EB but I custom-ordered and it was delivered within 90 days. And my deal (X-plan, build-for-success cash of $1000) and even including 4% sales tax was $1000 UNDER MSRP of $35,865.

So depending on your local market or the dealer you're working with you can get a nice deal new, too.

MISFITGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
23 GT Premium
you'll have to wait a few more months for those prices to normalize. But generally a good recommendation.

So, granted it's an EB but I custom-ordered and it was delivered within 90 days. And my deal (X-plan, build-for-success cash of $1000) and even including 4% sales tax was $1000 UNDER MSRP of $35,865.

So depending on your local market or the dealer you're working with you can get a nice deal new, too.
What is the build for success and can anyone get it?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What is the build for success and can anyone get it?
anyone with ford's AXBD plan. The program amount varies from 500 or 1000 and seems to come and go. Over the summer it seemed to disappear but it's back 'now'.

Today's Ford finance rate is 2.9% for 60. Nobody knows what it will be tomorrow. But probably the same.

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT California Special
anyone with ford's AXBD plan. The program amount varies from 500 or 1000 and seems to come and go. Over the summer it seemed to disappear but it's back 'now'.

Today's Ford finance rate is 2.9% for 60. Nobody knows what it will be tomorrow. But probably the same.
Just FYI, I believe Ford's rate is 3.9% for 60 months. 2.9% for 48 months.
Sponsored