New Harness for the Audio Guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mid_life_crisis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost premium
A fixed xover frequency is true of any crossover, whether passive or active. And both types are electronic. Active xovers are powered, connected pre-amplification, and usually have some form of manual adjustability. To suggest passive xovers are not electronic is silly. They're certainly not mechanical. ;)
Silly is pretending you aren't fully aware that most people hear "electronic crossover" and picture active devices. The kind that are complex circuitry that requires a power supply. As opposed to simple components.

Subsonic filtering is a high-pass filter, not a crossover, though the frequency at which the filtering occurs is also fixed. Contour deals specifically with EQ. Yes, increasing the volume level affects contour (by design); however, it is not so with crossovers or high-pass filters, both of which are NOT designed to vary due to changes in gain. It would create all sorts of problems. Contour is an interesting point, though. I suspect what OEMRadio perceives as a change in xover is really a change in the acoustical crossover (not to be confused with the electrical crossover, whether passive or active).
LOL. It's not difficult to obtain that info based on the values of the components. What do you mean by experimental method?
You can't get crossover values from an active crossover that is set up via programming, as opposed to switches and/or dials.
Experimental method is just what it sounds like. Supplying a known variable frequency to the system and measuring what comes out of each speaker; experimenting.
Sponsored

2016Gruv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
You can't get crossover values from an active crossover that is set up via programming, as opposed to switches and/or dials.
That's great, but it has nothing to do with my point that one can obtain the crossover point from passive components.
By the way, do you know absolutely that Ford designed an active crossover into any system in the Mustang? If so, why are they using caps on the tweeters? That would be redundant (and detrimental).

Experimental method is just what it sounds like. Supplying a known variable frequency to the system and measuring what comes out of each speaker; experimenting.
This won't get you very far and won't account for the acoustical xover.

Mid_life_crisis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost premium
That's great, but it has nothing to do with my point that one can obtain the crossover point from passive components.
By the way, do you know absolutely that Ford designed an active crossover into any system in the Mustang? If so, why are they using caps on the tweeters? That would be redundant (and detrimental).
. It's pretty obvious. That isn't really a debatable point, unless it turns out there are caps on the mids, as well. The debate is whether the frequency changes with volume. The thread expert seems to think so; I'm just arguing that it is possible (and easily done). The way they wired the system, only a subsonic filter for all channels and the bass to mid crossover point are subject to the electronics (active). The tweeter is wired in parallel to the mids so it needs its own passive crossover to bring it in where the mids roll off. It's necessary, not redundant.

This won't get you very far and won't account for the acoustical xover.

The Dark D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
I am so confused seeing the acm module. I'm a super newb for audio. I have a base ecoboost. Is there a benefit to using the (clear case) acm module in the video? I want to learn about this stuff

Mid_life_crisis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost premium
I am so confused seeing the acm module. I'm a super newb for audio. I have a base ecoboost. Is there a benefit to using the (clear case) acm module in the video? I want to learn about this stuff
We don't have enough detail on the module yet, although if it does what I think (hope) it will do, the answer is "probably". I say probably because the question can't be answered without knowing what you plan to do by way of upgrades.

Sponsored

The Dark D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Well what my question was is what is it supposed to do or atleast tell me what you think it is supposed to do cause for some reason it interests me. I'm just changing the speakers on my car. I just want it clear. I'm fine with not have a sub that will rattle my car. Just better than stock

Mid_life_crisis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost premium
To be honest, it just dawned on me that it may not do anything for the base model. I don't know if the base and premium H/U's program the same way.
On the Premium system it should allow you to defeat the factory EQ and make it put out the same signal as an aftermarket H/U. The potential is there for even more ability to customize the unit, possibly selectable on the Time Alignment as well. Personally I think it might be useful to leave the time alignment alone but defeat the EQ, as the general shape of the car isn't going to change and replacement speakers still have to deal with the mounting locations, but different speakers will almost certainly need different EQ curves.

The Great Gazoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Silver GT/Auto
I'd like the time alignment to be removed if there is some present. I am planning on buying a DSP which should be able to handle that with (hopefully) greater accuracy.

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Thanks for taking the time and figuring this out for us, I've been waiting for awhile for something like this to come out since I got my Mustang and got disappointed by the Premium 12 speaker system. looking forward to when we can spemd our money with you!:headbang:

Bob

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I need this harness like now please. Can I buy one now I iam willing to pay double.

Sponsored

Mid_life_crisis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost premium
Thanks for taking the time and figuring this out for us, I've been waiting for awhile for something like this to come out since I got my Mustang and got disappointed by the Premium 12 speaker system. looking forward to when we can spemd our money with you!:headbang:

Bob
I'm starting to think he has the priority reversed on these two items. As great as the harness is, we can work without them. That module is going to be one hot item for people who don't want to ship their head units away to be worked on.

nate154

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP
I'm looking forward to this or sending you my hu. I used a loc and it sounds like shit. I don't know...the tweeters sound crazy loud and bad for some reason.

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
I just hope some one makes an in dept walkthrough on adding a sub to a base stereo with this harness.. I know nothing about car audio other than I want a subwoofer and don't want to cut any wires.. Lol.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.