New Harness for the Audio Guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So I have two mini-subs being run off the rear speakers and the sound is not great in my premium (non-shaker) system. Would this harness allow me to tap into the front speakers for the subs and produce better sound? Sorry, I'm a newb on this stereo stuff.
yes you would get much better sound! as said, there is still sound processing involved, but that is not going to be really noticed with a subwoofer, my 10" Kicker sounds amazing
Sponsored

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
Probably. You are better off using RCAs rather than speaker level inputs, which this harness will do for you and the base Ford programming in the head unit seems to have more dynamic range in the front outputs. You can also get a programmer from the same guy which might make more of an impact.

The programming turns off the processing from the factory. Ford has time alignment settings and frequency roll off they implement to preserve the factory equipment from any kind of damage or clipping so they don't have to constantly replace components.

When doing an aftermarket stereo you have to overcome the limitations the factory put in place and that is next to impossible as the processing changes with the volume. So any processing you try to do to correct the factory processing are null and void as soon as you are at a volume other than where you set the correction at.

However, if you are only adding the sub and leaving everything else stock, the programming probably isn't necessary.
From what the guy told me this morning, you only need programming for low level if you have the 4" base audio. If you have the premium mustang, you do not need programming because it's already low-level from factory.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
From what the guy told me this morning, you only need programming for low level if you have the 4" base audio. If you have the premium mustang, you do not need programming because it's already low-level from factory.
it is a low level signal, but there is still processing, you dont need programming if are going to use the signal for a subwoofer only, you do however need the programming if your adding an amp to power door and/or deck speakers........

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
it is a low level signal, but there is still processing, you dont need programming if are going to use the signal for a subwoofer only, you do however need the programming if your adding an amp to power door and/or deck speakers........
Got it, thanks!

mustank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I am wondering if the low level reprogramming offered for the base radio also flattens out the signals when it switches to low level. Will it still require a processor to get a flat signal to an amp?

Sponsored

vnzbd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6
My understanding is that it also removes the processing. Otherwise you would still have the bass roll off and severe clipping. I would contact OEM directly and he can give you the complete details.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I don't imagine he'd mind me giving an update, I just contacted [MENTION=20927]OEMRadio[/MENTION] about the OBDII programmer that removes the processing or in base cars converts the output to low level signal. the Premium cars (amplified systems) are not ready, the base cars (non amplified) programmer is ready

vnzbd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6
I reached out for a programmer for the base yesterday. As soon as he has one ready to ship I am on it. Details will follow. So far I have put in a 3 ch amp for subs and powering the fronts. I am not overwhelmed. I am waiting to go line level without processing before any more adjustments or purchases.

james cole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon S550 Owner
Hello Jesse,

I am about to purchase your harness for an F150 just wanted to know if the RCA audio cables will already carry all the Sync voice and chimes of the vehicle?

Thanks!
JC

Sponsored

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hello Jesse,

I am about to purchase your harness for an F150 just wanted to know if the RCA audio cables will already carry all the Sync voice and chimes of the vehicle?

Thanks!
JC
yes of course, they feed directly off the outputs from the ACM

james cole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon S550 Owner
yes of course, they feed directly off the outputs from the ACM
Great! So its all ready, have you ran into an issue that the chimes are maybe too loud with aftermarket amps?

Also after programming can the oem amp be completely disabled and removed from the vehicle?

Thanks!
JC

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
just talked to [MENTION=20927]OEMRadio[/MENTION] via email, the programmers are ready for not only the base cars, they are also ready for premium/premium shaker cars as well, this is very exciting for those wanting to add a full system while retaining the stock stereo head unit. if interested in purchasing, contact him via email at [email protected], he's quick to reply and helpful, I'm ordering mine in the next days!

Great! So its all ready, have you ran into an issue that the chimes are maybe too loud with aftermarket amps?

Also after programming can the oem amp be completely disabled and removed from the vehicle?

Thanks!
JC
I don't have a full system yet, I've only replaced my stock shaker sub with a 10" kicker with [MENTION=20927]OEMRadio[/MENTION] 's harness

I'd imagine, yes, the amp could be removed, but it's so small and out of the way, I don't see a reason to do so.......

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Here's a video on the latest harness and programmer with full explanation of what is ready for the public.

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
just talked to [MENTION=20927]OEMRadio[/MENTION] via email, the programmers are ready for not only the base cars, they are also ready for premium/premium shaker cars as well, this is very exciting for those wanting to add a full system while retaining the stock stereo head unit. if interested in purchasing, contact him via email at [email protected], he's quick to reply and helpful, I'm ordering mine in the next days!
I just talked to Jesse and got these ordered for my Mustang AND my Edge. What are guys doing with the speaker wire side of things???
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.