Not open for further replies.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
He’s launching the predator? So you think it debuts this weekend? I was thinking it was going to turn into Chicago debut in a month.
Launch is anywhere from 6 months to a year long depending on the product. Engine launch occurs a few months ahead of vehicle launch.
Sponsored

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Launch is anywhere from 6 months to a year long depending on the product. Engine launch occurs a few months ahead of vehicle launch.
Ok thanks. How does his projection sounds? Sounds like much less power, like 700ish.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Thinking back to the GT350, i believe it was officially revealed in LA in November of 2014 (as a 2015 model year). Something similar for the GT500 could mean that it is still several months away (assuming it arrives as a 2019 model hear).

However, looking at the Ford GT reveal, I think that was practically a total surprise. I remember being blown away, and it totally upstaged the reveal of the Acura NSX, which looked pretty boring and tame in comparison.

Would definitely be pretty sweet if Ford was able to pull off a surprise like that again.

-T

WildHorses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
From the sources i know with the Detroit Auto Show. The Bullitt will be there, then they will reveal the GT500, but it will be more like a Teaser they did with the Bronco and Ranger last year.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
If the GT500 is coming with a DCT from Tremec I'm fairly certain that we won't see the car in customer's hands until very late this year or next year.

Why?

Tremec purchased a property in Wixom, MI and has been constructing a facility to produce their line of DCT's there. This was last summer. I learned this week from someone in the Tremec "network" that the building has no equipment in it yet aside from a small staff that is currently hiring. Tremec DCT prototypes for the test mules were manufactured in Zedelgem, Belgium (to the best of my knowledge). I don't think they will be building production units there as everything is slated to be done in Wixom.

Gonna be a long summer of 2018.

Shadow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow GT350
Were you guys getting the DCT info for the GT500 ? Don't see why they would not put the new A10 in it ? I have a ZL1 A10 and the Trans is amazing compared to the previous A8.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Were you guys getting the DCT info for the GT500 ? Don't see why they would not put the new A10 in it ? I have a ZL1 A10 and the Trans is amazing compared to the previous A8.
The new ten speed auto is a good one indeed. That said, DCT's were seen in a number of mules at Building 57 (Roush/Ford Racing). Seen as in witnessed from directly underneath the cars as they sat up in the air on lifts. This was not long ago either.

Remember the following photo?

Look very carefully at the transmission case. It differs from the ten speed being used in the 2018 Mustang GT.

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Nearly the same unit in the new Mustang GT. It really is a great unit.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
If the GT500 is coming with a DCT from Tremec I'm fairly certain that we won't see the car in customer's hands until very late this year or next year.

Why?

Tremec purchased a property in Wixom, MI and has been constructing a facility to produce their line of DCT's there. This was last summer. I learned this week from someone in the Tremec "network" that the building has no equipment in it yet aside from a small staff that is currently hiring. Tremec DCT prototypes for the test mules were manufactured in Zedelgem, Belgium (to the best of my knowledge). I don't think they will be building production units there as everything is slated to be done in Wixom.

That sounds plausible, albeit rather depressing. Hopefully, they can still source from Belgium as another 12 months of waiting will be unbearable :(

Farruko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red GT 2016
He’s launching the predator? So you think it debuts this weekend? I was thinking it was going to turn into Chicago debut in a month.
He’s not (my brother), his best friend is/was.

The car won’t go on sale during this year, we need to wait at least one year then you will be able to get it by spring 2019 (as a 2019MY).... actually, 2019MY will be a very long Model year after the super short 2018. The car will totally worth the wait, from what I heard it will be amazing.

Why?

I think it makes sense, because he told me that the transmission won’t be the 10R neither the DCT from the GT (which is Getrag), so it would make sense that is a Tremec. What my brother is reclutant to tell me is whether it will be available with a manual transmission as well.

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
When you think about the scenario of the GT350 being built for the last year (this year), it makes sense that the 500 will come out as a 19 in early 19. I highly doubt the company would cross the two by making them both at the same time. So..end GT350 production and start GT500 production. With a huge intro at next years NAIAS. :thumbsup:

I work for the company in management at the F150 plant, and although I know a few details...the GT500 platform in general has been very very tight lipped.

Farruko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red GT 2016
When you think about the scenario of the GT350 being built for the last year (this year), it makes sense that the 500 will come out as a 19 in early 19. I highly doubt the company would cross the two by making them both at the same time. So..end GT350 production and start GT500 production. With a huge intro at next years NAIAS. :thumbsup:

I work for the company in management at the F150 plant, and although I know a few details...the GT500 platform in general has been very very tight lipped.
Don’t be so sure that the GT350 will end production.... just saying. It may or may not happen.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.