NAIAS - Ford under wraps

Status
Not open for further replies.

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
Don’t be so sure that the GT350 will end production.... just saying. It may or may not happen.
I would suspect he may have some good insight as to whether or not GT350 production will continue or not. All signs point to an end this cycle.

Reduced production numbers for 18
No Voodoo carry over for 19 model year
Originally a 2 year run- we are lucky we got an extra year out of it

If you’ve got info that contradicts those things and another run of the 350 to happen in 19, cmon and spill the beans
Sponsored

Last edited:

Farruko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red GT 2016
I would suspect he may have some good insight as to whether or not GT350 production will continue or not. All signs point to an end this cycle.

Reduces production numbers
No Voodoo carry over for 19 model year
Originally a 2 year run- we are lucky we got an extra year out of it

If you’ve got info that contradicts those things and another run of the 350 to happen in 19, cmon and spill the beans
The only thing I will say about it is: There was a LOT of R&D on the GT350 and sure, it could go away just after 3 model years (yeah, the very limited numbers for the 2015 does not count)..... but, DO YOU REALLY THINK it will go away? Just think about it.

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Yes, Ford Performance themselves have said a limited run of two to three years not including 15.

Farruko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red GT 2016
Yes, Ford Performance themselves have said a limited run of two to three years not including 15.
Ford Performance also said that there was going to be only 500 Ford GT units within 2 years of production (2017 and 2018) now they added two additional model years (2019 and 2020) and 500 more units. So..... :shrug: :ford:

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
That sounds plausible, albeit rather depressing. Hopefully, they can still source from Belgium as another 12 months of waiting will be unbearable :(
I hope it isn't the DCT that is extending the release. Maybe something else isn't ready for prime time either. I was told to expect it to come from Wixom though and that means a bit of a wait. Sigh...

Farruko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red GT 2016
Thought it was 750 GTs total
500 for the “First Run”... then after those 500 are finished they will choose another 250 people from the original “waiting list” with the 2019MY. Once they finish with the 250 units for the 19MY the next 250 (20MY) will be for news

That’s a total of 250 per year or 1000 between the 4 year Run (if they don’t extend it again).

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
What do mean by a Tremec DCT? I looked for that information in google and I found the TR9007 DCT, is that the gearbox you’re talking about?

AFAIK that DCT Can withstand up to 900NM in comparison to the 750NM from the Ford GT’s DCT.

Do you guys know if that gearbox is already used by other manufacturers?

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Ford Performance also said that there was going to be only 500 Ford GT units within 2 years of production (2017 and 2018) now they added two additional model years (2019 and 2020) and 500 more units. So..... :shrug: :ford:
They added thatt before production even began. It's all speculation till it happens. I lean to what been said by the FP guys which indicates 18 is the last year. Plus my own opinion is Ford wouldn't continue building the 350 without a refresh to match the 18 model and that's not going to happen. Not to mention the performance gap closed by the 18 PP2.

Reactions: _M_

Farruko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red GT 2016
They added thatt before production even began. It's all speculation till it happens. I lean to what been said by the FP guys which indicates 18 is the last year. Plus my own opinion is Ford wouldn't continue building the 350 without a refresh to match the 18 model and that's not going to happen. Not to mention the performance gap closed by the 18 PP2.
Im not saying it will happen, I’m just saying is not crazy to think about it. Maybe the only reason we are getting the GT350 with the pre-facelift look is because both GT350 and GT500 will have a similar look and they are waiting for the GT500 so in that way both Ford Performance Mustang will be “updated” (and launched) side by side.

Again, I’m not saying this is going to happen, I’m just saying it totally makes sense.

Sponsored

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
..... but, DO YOU REALLY THINK it will go away? Just think about it.
Yep. I do. With a bigger badder SE stang coming, they aren’t going to run them side by side. We’re talking Ford, not Porsche. Of course anything is possible. But if I were to bet on it, I’d bet on 18 as the last year.

The Builltt will help bridge the gap so they have some top tier stang till the predator hits.

And as someone said the GT stuff was announced up front on the production changes. I really don’t see them carrying it past 4 years. Not unless they do some type of refresh to it, and I don’t see that happening.

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
we’ll see ;)
Think about the GT separately for a minute.

The first GT was basically a three year run, with early cars built in 2004 and they made what, 4000 total. Completely different type of car versus the current GT. Can multimatic realistically build more than 250 a year, I doubt it. And by the time the 4 year run is up, it will still be a great car, and of course very exclusive, but it will be done.

We’ll see about the 350. Have a fairly good source at Ford and they thought it would continue as well. That tune has significantly changed a little while back. About the time when we all saw the leak that voodoo was removed for 19.

But...like you said, we’ll see. Unless you have something solid you want to share.

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
If ford does keep the 350 along side of the 500, it will be interesting to see how that plays out. If so, it would almost certainly mean the 500 would be a high 80s to low 90k car. I just don’t see it being that high.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Why don't you see the GT500 at 80 to 90 thou ? Four years ago my 2014 GT500 was 67 thou. Four years inflation at 3 to 4 thou per year would put 2019 GT500 at 80 plus thou.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.