Sponsored

Multimatic giving more clues?

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
I was perusing some other forums trying to find any other shread of info I could about the upcoming GT350 when I came across this post over at GT350mustangs.com
hey guys as some of you may already know Multimatic Motorsports was directly involved with Ford in the development of the 2012 Boss 302R. As they are now also currently involved in the development of the 2015 GT350R. They participate in the Continental Tire Challenge Series and were racing at Road America last weekend. While attending I walked into their paddock and came upon three mechanics who I began to question about the GT350. " so I understand you guys are helping to develop the new GT350 and a prototype will be running at the next event in Austin TX" Big smiles from all three. "so what can you tell me about it"? "well we really can't say much about that but YES we are involved in the program". At that point two of the mechanics got up and walked away leaving me one on one with the other. "So is there anything you can tell me"?? again a big smile but not much else. So finally after about 10 minutes of general conversation I try one more time. "so there's a rumor going around the forums that the car will have a flat-plane crank V8. I've also seen spy vids. and it sure seems to have a high revving engine" He finally throws me a bone and says "so you've seen vids of the cars being tested and did you notice a baffle in the exhaust outlets" "why yes I did"! he goes on to say "well there's a reason for that and it has something to do with changing the way the car sounds and that's all I can say". To me that's about as close to an admission that a flat plane crank is being used and that Ford is trying to hide that distinctive sound!!! Certainly not definitive but damn close IMO!!!!!
He talks about a convo with a multimatic engineer that says: "so you've seen vids of the cars being tested and did you notice a baffle in the exhaust outlets" ..... "well there's a reason for that and it has something to do with changing the way the car sounds and that's all I can say"

Though I don't know how much this helps anyone, the poster seems to believe it confirms a fpc motor.

Searched some of the latest topics in this section and didn't see it posted so thought I'd share and give a shout out for supplying a small, yet new piece of info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
I'm sure it doesn't matter but a major reason to cover exhaust sounds is to hide the number of cylinders.

OP
OP
Backorder

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
God I would love to be a technician for Multimatic...

If he would have blurted out any real info, there could have been a position open! Lol

I agree with you guys though, I don't see what was so special about that comment. Heck, it could even mean they were making a v8 sound off to keep us thinking flat plane right? Who knows...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
http://www.imsa.com/articles/download-road-atlanta

"So new, it doesn’t have a name: Multimatic Motorsports ended the season with a victory for the No. 158 Miller Racing Ford Mustang Boss 302R driven by Billy Johnson and Ian James. It was the first triumph of the year, and possibly the last for the Mustang Boss 302R – at least in Multimatic livery. Next year the team hopes to upgrade to the latest Mustang – “So new it has no name,” said Multimatic team owner Larry Holt. “In the industry, it’s known by its code name, S550.” Holt said the new Mustang will have better aerodynamics, along with an independent rear suspension, “finally!” The Mustangs have had a stick axle for the past 20 years. Holt said that Multimatic developed the FR500C in 2005 and the Boss 302R in 2010, so the new car will be a natural progression for the Toronto-based team."

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Sounds like they don't even have anything to work with yet - so it's a ways off.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Not quite what the guys on the broadcast had to say about it, but of course nothing showed up at COTA either, but I think everybody knows the name (GT350), they just can't say.
I'm still keeping my fingers crossed we see something at SEMA, like last year's Ganassi Ecoboost Prototype debut, only with a Mustang/Shelby this year.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
One caption said:

Road Atlanta 2014: possibly the last IMSA race ever campaigned by a car equipped with a live rear axle.
Sponsored