OP
OP
Fomoco15

Fomoco15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT Vert
how would you compare the sound in terms of loudness compared to the other exhuasts?

can't wait for the clips!!
Cruising is not bad. Start up Loud Take off is loud. Can't find any drone yet. Sound is the best I have heard but if you are concerned with Loud exhaust this one may be a lil much. I will try to get some vids today. Easy install tho.
Sponsored

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Cruising is not bad. Start up Loud Take off is loud. Can't find any drone yet. Sound is the best I have heard but if you are concerned with Loud exhaust this one may be a lil much. I will try to get some vids today. Easy install tho.
It probably needs a few 100 miles to burn in and carbonize. Should mellow out a bit if not a lot. I would also recommend a sound tube delete w/any exhaust. That actually helped a ton on my 11 with the maggy comp cat-back.

OP
OP
Fomoco15

Fomoco15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT Vert
It probably needs a few 100 miles to burn in and carbonize. Should mellow out a bit if not a lot. I would also recommend a sound tube delete w/any exhaust. That actually helped a ton on my 11 with the maggy comp cat-back.
Yeah . Thinking of doing that today. Thing is just ugly anyway

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The push retainer on the strut tower and the nut on the firewall are a bitch but just make sure she's cold and take your time. I put a pillow on the STB and rested my head there while turning it ever so slowly w/a 1/4" drive stubby ratchet.

JM7225

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT 350
Ok I just took video of warm idle and drive bys of the MRT catback. I'll be posting as soon as I edit it a bit.

EDIT:

Here is the YouTube link. Quality is 480 but I think it still sounds fine based on what I had on my computer. Video was taken in 1080 but I didn't want the file to be humongous.

Sorry about the weird ticking noise the camera is making...not sure why it was doing that. Also sorry about the wind, but that's about the best I can ask for in Minnesota in January.

First pull I got up to 65 or 70 (wasn't really looking at the speedo) and the 2nd pull I was up to about 80 in 4th gear. This video is indicative of what the exhaust sounds like. Very deep rumble and a very muscle car-ish tone. Sounds really good while accelerating and the only drone I've experienced is on the highway between 1750 RPM and 2000 RPM. The drone isn't horrible, it's as the video from MRT states, "A 2....maybe a 3" and that is while under load. I've got J-Pipes coming in next week to be installed to get rid of the drone. Again it's not bad, just something I don't want to deal with on a daily driver.

Last edited:

Sponsored

AnthonyWHAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
That sounds awesome!

OP
OP
Fomoco15

Fomoco15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT Vert
Ok I just took video of warm idle and drive bys of the MRT catback. I'll be posting as soon as I edit it a bit.

EDIT:

Here is the YouTube link. Quality is 480 but I think it still sounds fine based on what I had on my computer. Video was taken in 1080 but I didn't want the file to be humongous.

Sorry about the weird ticking noise the camera is making...not sure why it was doing that. Also sorry about the wind, but that's about the best I can ask for in Minnesota in January.

First pull I got up to 65 or 70 (wasn't really looking at the speedo) and the 2nd pull I was up to about 80 in 4th gear. This video is indicative of what the exhaust sounds like. Very deep rumble and a very muscle car-ish tone. Sounds really good while accelerating and the only drone I've experienced is on the highway between 1750 RPM and 2000 RPM. The drone isn't horrible, it's as the video from MRT states, "A 2....maybe a 3" and that is while under load. I've got J-Pipes coming in next week to be installed to get rid of the drone. Again it's not bad, just something I don't want to deal with on a daily driver.
Cool . When u come up with a length let us know.:D

JM7225

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT 350
Cool . When u come up with a length let us know.:D
I certainly will. The one I have coming is adjustable so I'll get it welded on and then find the correct length and mark it.

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Sounds great! So if you have the radio on you can't hear the drone?

JM7225

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT 350
Sounds great! So if you have the radio on you can't hear the drone?
Very slightly. It's a combination of exhaust noise and drone, I know it's drone because of the buzzing you hear instead of the exhaust tone. J pipes will be installed on Wednesday or Thursday this week. Overall very happy with the exhaust though.

Sponsored

Proudgeek

OCD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Three Stangs

EDIT:

Thanks a ton. Very helpful!!

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Very slightly. It's a combination of exhaust noise and drone, I know it's drone because of the buzzing you hear instead of the exhaust tone. J pipes will be installed on Wednesday or Thursday this week. Overall very happy with the exhaust though.
Would you say a little more about the J pipes? How they function, appearance, where they go? Thanks!

JM7225

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT 350
Would you say a little more about the J pipes? How they function, appearance, where they go? Thanks!
Long leg is ~14 inches, 3.75 inch center radius of the curve, then there is an adjustable piece with a clamp that adjusts the shorter leg. It literally looks like a J.

A hole will need to be cut before the muffler and then the J pipe will need to be welded into the hole, and it depends on how your exhaust is set up and how long the pipe must be. Here is a forum post of what they would look like. There is a picture a little ways down that shows them very close to the mufflers, and that's the position they would need to be in on a 2015 Mustang in order to fit. It will need to be tucked in under the valence.

http://www.3geez.com/forum/performance/95856-quarter-wave-resonator-kill-exhaust-drone.html

The most IMPORTANT part of this is to calculate the CORRECT length of pipe you need, depending on your drone frequency. This frequency is based on how many cylinders your engine has. Some GTO guys on another forum had issues because they had AFM that shut off 4 of their 8 cylinders on the highway and caused them fits getting the correct length of pipe to eliminate their drone.....silly GM owners :)

Here is the equation if you had drone at 110hz

( 1100 / 110hz ) / 4 ) x 12 = 30 inches

To find your frequency you get drone on your car, check out this forum post:

http://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-...ce-pipes-aka-j-pipes-aka-helmholtz-tubes.html

One of the reason Corsa exhausts are more expensive and 'better' quality is because they put resonance chambers within their mufflers, and this is why Corsa doesn't ever have drone on their systems. Very nice touch that a lot of manufacturers try to get around with different padding in the muffler and for the most part do a pretty good job of, but sometimes it's unavoidable without a resonance chamber somewhere in the system. The reason the 'suitcase' is there on the stock exhaust is to eliminate drone, an it obviously does a great job. I wouldn't think axle backs would have any drone with that big resonator on the stock exhaust system.

byklin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
I actually don't mind it being loud and a little drone doesn't really bother me either. Just wanted to get an idea of how loud it was compared to other exhausts. Don't want to piss off the neighbors every morning haha. What i really care about is the low deep rumble. :headbang:

Look forward to those videos!

ViperBite4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT PP
I see that MRT has increased their price :(
Sponsored