Sponsored

Modifying As-Built Data Guide

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Tried again, still greyed out in track mode so need to edit some other module. Guessing there is specific asbuilt data as none of the non-asbuilt modules have anything else to change that is obvious.

Ah I thought it was something we could enable as it is listed in the IPC module per my previous screenshot. No big deal.

I'm talking about this. Call it anti car jack mode if that makes more ense. We don't have that enabled in AUS and I'd like to enable it. I'm used to tapping the top of the door handle every time I walk away to lock it so I don't care about that "autolock" feature you guys are talking about. Guess I could hit the lock button when I take off but hey, we all get used to silly features on other cars so figured I'd ask.
did you try to do module config for ABS and enable there?

also, are you the person on forscan forums that I'm also posting to?
Sponsored

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Ok thanks for the info I'll do some searching hate to buy the wofi only when it won't be usable for monitoring with my phone or iPad lol thanks for the elf though
get the bluetooth version. if your windows machine doesn't have bluetooth, you can get a dongle for cheap.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Ok thanks for the info I'll do some searching hate to buy the wofi only when it won't be usable for monitoring with my phone or iPad lol thanks for the elf though
Pick it up from Amazon - if it doesn't work, easy returns at just the cost of shipping.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
amazon has free returns afaik
It can depend on the actual seller. A lot of stuff on Amazon is from sellers similar to how eBay works. Even stuff that is Prime eligible doesn't have to be from Amazon itself. There are certain standards that all sellers must adhere to but you should click thru to read the seller's policies. Some just say they are the same as Amazon's but other can vary including very restrictive return policies. I am still waiting for a refund on an item I returned two months ago. First the seller tried to make me pay return shipping despite them admitting they shipped the wrong item. And after getting that resolved I still need to escalate to Amazon and maybe American Express because they haven't credited my CC.

Sponsored

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
It can depend on the actual seller. A lot of stuff on Amazon is from sellers similar to how eBay works. Even stuff that is Prime eligible doesn't have to be from Amazon itself. There are certain standards that all sellers must adhere to but you should click thru to read the seller's policies. Some just say they are the same as Amazon's but other can vary including very restrictive return policies. I am still waiting for a refund on an item I returned two months ago. First the seller tried to make me pay return shipping despite them admitting they shipped the wrong item. And after getting that resolved I still need to escalate to Amazon and maybe American Express because they haven't credited my CC.
well yeah, I assumed they would be purchasing directly from amazon instead of other sellers.

dotJake

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sdyoung.com
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum GT Premium
Looking to ourchqse ScanTool MX wifi. Since I'm an iPhone user. Any one havin any luck using that and FORScan to do this? I have an old ELM 227 I modified with a toggle switch and it reads MS an just fine but I keep getting the interupted error since it writes to slow. I want to be sure the ScanTool MX wifi doesn't write to slow as well prior to purchasing.
I, too, have an old ELM327 that I modded to read both busses. I'm WiFi to a Surface 3 with no issues writing. You sure the ELM is the issue?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
well yeah, I assumed they would be purchasing directly from amazon instead of other sellers.
My point was that it is NOT made apparent to buyers if they are doing business with Amazon or thru Amazon. You have to look for that information.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
amazon has free returns afaik
If you use prime 2-day they charge for return postage now unless there was an issue with the order or item.

ASarsano

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium 5.0
My old ELM227 is a wifi one and it's pretty old I've had it for at least 5+ years so I'm pretty sure it's the device.
As for every one telling my you can't write from iPhone or android. I know I was asking how the Wifi version works with windows and forscan. I'm hoping I can use the Wifi version with my COMPUTER to program but hen be able to use the mobile app on my iPhone for MONITERING only. I know the Bluetooth on works with windows to program. But if I go that route I will only be able to use it with computer no ability to mobile monitor since I have all apple products. Basically just asking if any one in here has used the MX Wifi to do the programming with their laptop

Sponsored

dave-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT, '16 SS Ute, Turbo 86
did you try to do module config for ABS and enable there?

also, are you the person on forscan forums that I'm also posting to?
Missed the ABS module previously. Enabled in ABS and IPC, now get the menu and go through the sequence. Attachment is a 1MB MP4 video of running through the menu options.

But as soon as I hit ok on the final step, I get a message "not available, see manual". Car was cold and didn't have it in gear yet so not sure if that matters (Handbrake was off).

Yeah I am, hadn't got notified over there.

Attachments

SloSVO

Village Idiot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
damn.. ^^^^that sucks to get that far and still a no go^^^^ did it change with a warmed up engine?

ASarsano

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium 5.0
I don't know if I missed u saying so but ur car is a manual right? I know the Line Lock requires signal from the clutch

dave-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT, '16 SS Ute, Turbo 86
damn.. ^^^^that sucks to get that far and still a no go^^^^ did it change with a warmed up engine?
Nope! Not that I need it to do skids but....

I don't know if I missed u saying so but ur car is a manual right? I know the Line Lock requires signal from the clutch
Yeah manual.

Car warmed up, 1st gear selected, clutch in, car straight and flat ground.
Track mode, select line lock and go through the sequence. Final ok still results in see manual.

Checked the USA owner manual and don't see any other condition I haven't met so must need some asbuilt data in one of the modules maybe?

EDIT: Just realised after watching a video linked on the FORScan forum, I'm not getting the 15 sec countdown start. Will have another go and report back!
Sponsored