Grim_Reaper

'Merica
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylon
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special 10-spd
Just like the title says, my car vs a brand new challenger r/t scat pack 392 hemi with shaker hood.

So today my Dad and Friend drove down to the Dodge dealership to pick up our friends new Challenger. While the sales rep went for a ride with our friend to walk him through all the features, my dad decided to have a little fun haha.

He said he pulled up next to him at the light and said let's go for it! Both my Dad and our Friend being man sized children, our friend agreed. My dad fully expected to get eaten alive by the CHallenger since it runs mid 12s in the quarter (advertised), but to everyones surprise (even the sales rep) my dad says it went the complete opposite way. My dad shifting my car at 6K rpms and our friend shifting at 5500-6k rpms, the mustang pulled hard off the start and continued to pull hard all the way through several gears before lifting.
:first:

Don't know if a fluke, driver mod, or expected but I am happy haha.

Mustang Mods: JLT, Lund Tune for Intake & Headers ( headers not installed yet), Catback w/ X-pipe and factory size piping

:ford::ford::ford::ford::ford::ford:​
Sponsored

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Tuned 5.0 is going to be faster than stock manual scat pack. If it was an auto challenger, might have been a different outcome. Plus the car isn't even broken in yet.

Reactions: 113
OP
OP
Grim_Reaper

Grim_Reaper

'Merica
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylon
Vehicle(s)
Tuned 5.0 is going to be faster than stock manual scat pack. If it was an auto challenger, might have been a different outcome. Plus the car isn't even broken in yet.
Yeah my dad said the same thing actually. After the break in it might be different. They did a highway pull down in mexico moments later and said it was the same outcome from a 50mph roll.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Nice kill. The scat pack is pretty beastly in stock form.

Sponsored

Nucdancer01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford Premium PP, MT82
I just ran against my friends scat pack, M6 last night-1/8 mile. It was close, but I took him. I bested his best time by .4 sec and 2 mph in the eighth, and I was spinning all the way through second gear.

I was happy with the outcome. And BTW, he is well past his break-in period. And is mostly stock. I think only the hellcat intake tube (in place of the fog light).

Sent from my Oxford White 2015 GT PP, Prem

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I was at Atco this Tuesday. Lined up with a stock SRT Charger and beat it by 3/10ths. Both cars produced 1.9 sixtys on street tires. I also had the higher MPH so I'm going with the tuned GT is faster than a Scat pack.

Tm@c1965

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 GT Mustang, 2014 SRT Challenger
The Challenger will not get all of it's power

until about 1500 miles (if I remember correctly). The PCM limits power until a certain threshold is met. I remember mine "woke up" one day.

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
street racing you can figure + or - .5 seconds just due to driver abillities. So this outcome seems plausable.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Grim_Reaper

Grim_Reaper

'Merica
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylon
Vehicle(s)
The first weekend after I purchased mine a friend and I took a small Road Trip from west texas to Lousianna and came across an SRT8 Challenger on the highway ( along with another 15 mustang gt, 13-14 GT, 09 GT)

Decided to mess with the SRT8 just to make him go and see what he could do..to both my buddy and I's surprise we pulled on him from a 3rd gear 55mph roll all the way to through 5th before lifting. I am really surprised at how fast these new mustangs are.

Tm@c1965

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 GT Mustang, 2014 SRT Challenger
The cars are within

" a drivers race" capability. The better driver should win. But stock vs stock, the A8 392 is a slightly faster 1/4 mile car. Period. So what. They are both great cars. The new SS is faster than either, but I wouldn't want one.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Grim_Reaper

Grim_Reaper

'Merica
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylon
Vehicle(s)
Tell him to run you again . :headbang:
Oh I plan on running him for sure in a couple weeks when I am in his neck of the woods.

By then I'll have my catless headers installed and 305 Hankooks on the rear too :thumbsup: traction for days hopefully haha

He should be past his break in period then too so no excuses.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.