OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
The second run is all about fine tuning wherever possible, not going backwards. Again, my first run exhibits no issues whatsoever and that is the case for most out there. George made changes to address the few that were said to have noticed any issues.

I just got off the phone with him and he mentioned that he had shipped some retrofit kits out today and that the second run shifters will start to ship by or on this coming Friday.
Sponsored

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I just got off the phone with him and he mentioned that he had shipped some retrofit kits out today and that the second run shifters will start to ship by or on this coming Friday.
Awesome, I wonder if that means I'll be seeing mine soon to fix my vibes.

MGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG
We are assembling the second batch as we speak. Probably will not ship any units out until Monday though as we are doing all the assemblies in series.

Here are some pics as promised of the knob options and the new top arm and support arm design....

George
MGWGT350.jpg
MGWGT350GRIPPERKNOB2.jpg
MGWGT350KNOBCHOICES.jpg
MGWGT350GRIPPERKNOB1.jpg
MGWGT350CLASSICBALL1.jpg
MGWGT350STOCKKNOB1.jpg

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good stuff George. Wish there was a way to capture everyone's face when they open the box. Like seeing your first born, at birth.

:)

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Just tried hhe MGW website but couldn't find the product....is the cue ball style knob available in other colors, say AG with black numbering?
Thanks in advance!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Call them.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I actually just got my package today from MGW for the second run. :headbang: just have to schedule my appointment with the shop now, and we're good to go.

Speedfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Now I read this thread..... I bought the shifter on black Friday 2016 and due to surgery recovery, I just installed it last weekend. It is not my daily driver and is mostly a track car. I took it to work yesterday and noticed a vibration in the shifter and emergency brake. Not bad as I realize that with every mod there is always an adverse reaction to ride quality, noise, etc. The vibration is different at rpm's. At 2k, I can live it, at 4k, I hate it, higher rpm, not that bad. The real thing that bothers me is seeing how I am a big guy, the parking brake rubs on my leg and the vibration transfers right to me.

I am not a rookie at installs and carefully checked everything including being very careful to not bind anything on the reinstall.

I am not looking forward to doing this all over again. This is my first MGW shifter on any of my past mustang track cars and while the feel of the shifter is awesome, the vibration sucks.

morjo02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
Now I read this thread..... I bought the shifter on black Friday 2016 and due to surgery recovery, I just installed it last weekend. It is not my daily driver and is mostly a track car. I took it to work yesterday and noticed a vibration in the shifter and emergency brake. Not bad as I realize that with every mod there is always an adverse reaction to ride quality, noise, etc. The vibration is different at rpm's. At 2k, I can live it, at 4k, I hate it, higher rpm, not that bad. The real thing that bothers me is seeing how I am a big guy, the parking brake rubs on my leg and the vibration transfers right to me.

I am not a rookie at installs and carefully checked everything including being very careful to not bind anything on the reinstall.

I am not looking forward to doing this all over again. This is my first MGW shifter on any of my past mustang track cars and while the feel of the shifter is awesome, the vibration sucks.
Was there vibrations before the MGW installation?

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I believe there a few variables that can be affected on a self-install that may distort the NVH of the shifter. George installed mine and I have absolutely 0 NVH difference between my stock and MGW shifters. I would suggest that having George install mine was a guarantee that functionality would be as he designed and intended.

That being said, obviously George isn't available to everyone and I expect differences. No matter how many times I point and aim my Direct TV satellite I can't seem to align it as well as the serviceman using the digital alignment device.

I do believe that George's latest iteration does take a lot of the variables into consideration and utilizes a sound design to eliminate a lot of that NVH. With that said, if your 350 had a factory variance, as they often do, in alignment geometry, not much will fix that without time, effort and some homeside fitment and testing.

George has made the upgrade free to anyone who purchased his Gen 1 design... to simply say I'm too lazy to try a free upgrade and say something in turn sucks is not George's problem but rather the one unwilling to upgrade, IMHO.

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
Now the question is which shifter knob to go with.....hmm?

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Is your vehicle 100% stock (including wheel, tires, driveshaft, etc)? Can you list any changes that were made including alignment?

Speedfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Is your vehicle 100% stock (including wheel, tires, driveshaft, etc)? Can you list any changes that were made including alignment?
There has been no wheel, tire, driveshaft, etc.... changes. I do have jacking rails and a g-load brace, but have driven it prior to the shifter install with no issues.
Sponsored