Sponsored

MAPerformance Bolt-On Turbo Kit - 500whp Proven!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saluki_stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Competition orange ecoboost PP
I see several guys have opted for the 6062 vs 5862. I assuming the larger turbo will take longer to spool and can support more power. If i am not looking to go with a built shortblock is there any reason for the larger turbo.
Sponsored

Sup3rPat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP Gaurd
IMO no, I opted for the 6062 because it provides the power of a 6266 but with a quicker spool. I justify my turbo lag because my goal is 700hp. Safe power on the stock block is about 440hp and I use the term safe loosely. If I were you I would stick with the 5862 if you were to go with the turbo kit.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
Can we get a thread of actual buyers of this turbo swap and their Dyno sheets? Would be interesting to see what everyone is getting numbers wise

Brad

Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S - Big Turbo EB
I see several guys have opted for the 6062 vs 5862. I assuming the larger turbo will take longer to spool and can support more power. If i am not looking to go with a built shortblock is there any reason for the larger turbo.
I went with the 6062 because I'm planning to build the engine and achieve around 650-700hp. Also, my drive is fairly long everyday so staying out of boost will save me some gas $. (And I love the kick in the pants after a big turbo spools)

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT, 2015 Black Eco
I want somebody to get the 6466 using a built engine. That will be a monster.

Sponsored

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
That setup is on my 10 year plan. I need a get rich quick scheme or something.

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT, 2015 Black Eco
That setup is on my 10 year plan. I need a get rich quick scheme or something.
Once I whipple my GT I plan on big turbo/built engine for my wife's Eco. She wants her car to be as fast as mine.

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
That is what we are going to be running on our car.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27464

If you aren't planning on building your car you can stick with the 5862, or we can drop it down to the 5558. To be honest, I would like for someone to pick up our kit and do a 5558, I would like to test the smaller turbo. I know it will produce the same power with a little extra boost but I think it will spool pretty damn quick.

Unfortunately testing it on our car is just out of the question right now because it is being completely torn down once we finalize testing on our E85 fuel kit.

Sponsored

greg hazlett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion Sport
Any guess's as to how much difference in spool there would be?

I know you offer the ball bearing upgrade for $500; other than the approx 300-400 earlier rpm spool any other benefits? What setup would benefit the most from the ball bearing upgrade meaning on a stock motor with the MAP parts-FMIC, DP, CAI, exhaust-do you recommend the ball bearing setup or would a stock engine setup really not be able to take advantage of it?

If I could get your kit to hit close boost close to the same rpm that the stock turbo does...hmmmm....maybe the 5558 with ball bearing would be close?

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
Any guess's as to how much difference in spool there would be?

I know you offer the ball bearing upgrade for $500; other than the approx 300-400 earlier rpm spool any other benefits? What setup would benefit the most from the ball bearing upgrade meaning on a stock motor with the MAP parts-FMIC, DP, CAI, exhaust-do you recommend the ball bearing setup or would a stock engine setup really not be able to take advantage of it?

If I could get your kit to hit close boost close to the same rpm that the stock turbo does...hmmmm....maybe the 5558 with ball bearing would be close?

Spool between 5558 and 5862 would be about 600-700rpms. Add ball bearing and you are looking closer to 800-900rpms. Any car can benefit from the ball bearing upgrade, regardless of their setup. However you have all of our components the Ball bearing would really shine, and sound NUTS. You would be closer, but you wouldn't be close to stock boost. The stock turbo is just too damn small, you aren't going to get much of a power gain if you drop down to a turbo that is just slightly bigger than factory.

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Adam...my bank account hates you, lol!
LET'S DO THIS! You can recoup a good amount of money from your downpipe, intake, and passenger side charge pipe. I put up used parts the other day and within 24 hours they were sold!

Status
Not open for further replies.