Sponsored

Making A GT Look Like a Mach 1

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I love that look.

This is my 2018 gt PP1 with a PP2 splitter, mach 1 side stripes, and M1HP wheels, fender molding, and spoiler. And I’ve seen one other similar one but he kept the PP1 spoiler.

IMG_6162.jpeg
Sponsored

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Thanks yall. I think ford nailed the aesthetic of those wheels, spoiler, and side stripes. I’m not one to spend a lot on appearance mods but when I saw an m1 hp for the first time I had to “borrow” some of the cues.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Nope. Upbadging is putting GT/5.0 badges on a V6/Eco, Shelby emblems on a Mach 1/GT, Mach 1 emblems on a GT, etc. Other than that, make it however you want it!
Oh I'm going the opposite. V6 badging and 2 cylinder delete tune.

Sponsored

OP
OP

JacoPaco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaco
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I would say build what you want.

I like the look of the GT350 fenders, spoiler, and valance, and will be making mine look similar using aftermarket parts. Hence, I am calling it a 6350 and will be designing badges for that name. Making it my own, but in the way I like.

And mine will be getting procharged so it will be its own thing.

Just a thought. Does that make me a poser or doing what I want with what I own?
Appreciate it man thank you, and best of luck with your build! It's really awesome that you really want to make your mustang your own!

If it makes you smile… Who cares what it does for anyone else
IMG_8810.jpeg

“Mach 1” exhaust/valance on my GT…
That rearend looks beautiful man

You can make some "Moch1" badges to finish it. People will love it.
LMAOO reminds me of the aftermarket raptor bumpers that would have OOOO written instead of FORD haha

A MACH 1 is a MACH 1, a GT a GT, each with its personality. I’ve seen so many beautiful GTs, why go for a wannabe MACH 1? Just my opinion, don’t mean to be rude.
No worries man, it is a valid question. The best way for me to explain is that usually when ford makes their higher performance class Mustangs, they make them look nearly perfect most times. People make great-looking mustangs I get that, but the Mach 1's looks are just peak 2018+ s550 for me, the stance of the wheels and suspension, the wonderful looking exhaust tips, the gorgeous bumper with the aggressive splitter, the front fender flares subtly adds so much, and the awesome vinyl that doesn't look too simple but complements the so well, while also representing Mach 1 heritage. A lot of modded out GT's look great, no doubt about that, but to me the Mach 1 is up there with the best of what an S550 can look like.

I know the question of "Why not just buy a Mach 1" may come up, but again the GT accomplishes all my needs for now. With interest rates still soaring through the roof, and no plans to track my mustang any time soon, it would be a bad financial decision and unnecessary in this point in time.

As long as you don't put mach 1 badges on your GT you're not a poser. Front bumper, hood, rear valence, etc. put on what you like. Just make sure you get the aftermarket stripes that are blank, without the mach 1 script on the hood stripe.

Like other have said, you're not a poser until you rebadge and try to pass off your car for what it's not.
For sure, if I do end up getting the vinyls I definitely wouldn't be getting the ones with Mach 1 written on it.

There’s no such thing as a “poser” when it comes to modifying or building YOUR vehicle to what YOU want and desire.

—-

With that said, the only time the community or hobby frowns on “replicas”, “knock offs”, “hero”, or “tribute” vehicles is when the owner is not transparent that the vehicle IS one of those types and is NOT the genuine article.

There have been too many instances in the past across all muscle car, collector car and auto enthusiast sites or venues where someone is trying to sell or promote a FAKE as being genuine. Some people go to extreme lengths to fake such vehicles even down to specific manufacturer or speciality vehicle numbered metal dash or body plates. People who are looking for such a vehicle (their dream car or one they have always wanted), and are unsuspecting, or don’t know what to look for when it comes to authentication, verification or confirmation of the vehicle’s pedigree are the ones who can (and have) lost big $$$ from fraudulent cosigners/advertisements/sales of such a vehicle.

If you’re making your S550 GT look like a Mach 1, a Bullitt, a 50th LE, or even a Shelby - more power to you and do what you want - but if your replica or tribute is down to the “T” where it’s hard to discern it from a genuine original, just be transparent on forums, at shows, cars-n-coffees, and if selling.
Gotcha thank you! I definitely wouldn't pass it off as a Mach 1. I never can understand why people try to upbadge their trim and try to pass it off as a genuine car. Like the Dodge guys for example. There are plenty of examples where people upbadge their cars to look like a hellcat, but the only people that actually would care about their car being a hellcat are the same guys that can tell right away that it's just an upbadged V6 or RT lol

This is my 2018 gt PP1 with a PP2 splitter, mach 1 side stripes, and M1HP wheels, fender molding, and spoiler. And I’ve seen one other similar one but he kept the PP1 spoiler.

IMG_6162.jpeg
Looks aggressive man, good work!

Thanks yall. I think ford nailed the aesthetic of those wheels, spoiler, and side stripes. I’m not one to spend a lot on appearance mods but when I saw an m1 hp for the first time I had to “borrow” some of the cues.
My sentiments exactly

It's your car op. Paint it pink for all anyone cares. But the fact that you are on here asking shows that you do care what others think. So just be prepared to be called phony, poser & fake by all the internet tough guys. When it comes down to it, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But haters gonna hate. I also like the Mach 1 front facia quiet a bit. Just not willing to spend the $ on something like that when I can spend it on go parts. I just find it funny that people ask what others think when it comes down to you own things & your own $$.
To an extent haha, I think it's always good to have SOME people keep you in check and snap you back into reality so that you don't end up doing something biased. I was worried that if I did add the vinyls I would be the same as the guys who add Shelby badges to their GTs or Ecos and try to pass it off as the real thing.

As a Mach 1 owner, I say go for it, especially since you're not planning on putting fake badges. 👍

That would be fantastic...
With a Mach 1 owner's approval, I officially can do it haha, thanks man!

Thank you all for your input! The reaction was honestly so much nicer than I expected, I appreciate your support! All the builds you guys posted are also so badass

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
The red stripe comes on black mach 1's
Orange only comes on FJG

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Here is my GT. I believe the black Mach 1's only come with orange stripping, my plan was to get the vinyls with the white outlines as it would complement my car better with its Euro taillights

IMG_3721.jpeg
Looks good. Black Mach’s got red striping FYI

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Oh I'm going the opposite. V6 badging and 2 cylinder delete tune.
lmao wish I could figure out how to turn my other 2 cylinders on

Sponsored
OP
OP

JacoPaco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaco
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Oh wow, I honestly thought the red was the same orange as the FJG ones. You learn something new everyday, thanks for the heads up
Orange would look cool with the black if you want to go that route though

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I still say Ford missed the boat on this. How hard would it have been to allow you to choose the stripe color?

PVAMT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Deep impact blue / silver stripes, red pinstripes
Vehicle Showcase
As long as you're not trying to pass it off as a Mach 1, absolutely go for it! 🤙

There's a dude around the Twin Cities that drives a fake Super Snake. It's a 2005 auto with all the badges, vinyls, and body panels of the S197 GT500 Super Snake. He only recently started calling it a "tribute" vehicle. Before that though...never said a word.

Just don't be that guy.
I was going to add a Hellion TT kit to my GTPP then pull off the 5.0 badges so I could put the ecoboost badges. Does that count?

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Your only a poser if you UPbadge, in your case it would be down badging.
Sponsored