Making A GT Look Like a Mach 1

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
I was going to add a Hellion TT kit to my GTPP then pull off the 5.0 badges so I could put the ecoboost badges. Does that count?
That's like "Sharking".

I have no opinion on that 🤓
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I still say Ford missed the boat on this. How hard would it have been to allow you to choose the stripe color?
Absolutely, there would be some really awesome color/stripe combos out there for sure.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
OP, cool thing about a black car is you have a blank slate, pretty much any color combo works. If it were me, I’d find a cool stripe color, something different than what Ford offered. Maybe a yellow or green. Could even use a Shelby colorway, they offered Kona Blue as a stripe option, that is a phenomenal look on a black car. So many different options available

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Nice GT. Congrats.
I love my GT and got it for a pretty good price a few years back. I have no need for a Mach 1 but I really love the looks of it. I won't be tracking my car, I just want to have a cool-looking car for my daily needs. I swapped out the front GT bumper for a Mach 1 777 Bumper, a huge visual upgrade. I want to get a set of Mach 1 Replica vinyls to perfect the look. I won't at all be putting any Mach 1 badges on my GT, but would haveing the bumper AND the vinyl make me a poser?
Funny. I really didn’t need a Mach 1 either but I like you, I like the way they look. :wink:

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Me too. I added up a loaded Gt with everything I wanted and all the OEM parts to put on a mach 1 front end on a gt and the price was within a couple grand of buying the real thing, so that's what I did.

Sponsored

FJG_Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
M1
As long as you don't put mach 1 badges on your GT you're not a poser. Front bumper, hood, rear valence, etc. put on what you like. Just make sure you get the aftermarket stripes that are blank, without the mach 1 script on the hood stripe.

Like other have said, you're not a poser until you rebadge and try to pass off your car for what it's not.

Isn't that what Ford did? 😂😂

SEAICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BW
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
A MACH 1 is a MACH 1, a GT a GT, each with its personality. I’ve seen so many beautiful GTs, why go for a wannabe MACH 1? Just my opinion, don’t mean to be rude.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I love my GT and got it for a pretty good price a few years back. I have no need for a Mach 1 but I really love the looks of it. I won't be tracking my car, I just want to have a cool-looking car for my daily needs. I swapped out the front GT bumper for a Mach 1 777 Bumper, a huge visual upgrade. I want to get a set of Mach 1 Replica vinyls to perfect the look. I won't at all be putting any Mach 1 badges on my GT, but would haveing the bumper AND the vinyl make me a poser?
100%

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
upbadging = dumb
using body parts from other cars = hotrodding

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I hate this thread now. You got me looking at this part even though I normally would have no interest in changing bumpers. Being my car is also black, yours looks damn good just as she sits now. Are the fog lights a direct swap?

Sponsored

Rodpwnz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 PP1 401A GT
Here is my GT. I believe the black Mach 1's only come with orange stripping, my plan was to get the vinyls with the white outlines as it would complement my car better with its Euro taillights

IMG_3721.jpeg
I have a black 2018 PP1. I have never been a fan of the Mach1 front bumper aesthetics, but I think now I know why.... I just hadn't ever seen it on an all black car!!!

This looks fantastic! 😍

I imagine adding the Mach 1 oil and trans coolers with the funcitonal bumper vents.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)

MrBD1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT MT-82
Do whatever you want. It’s your car! I think I’m the definition of a parts bin 🤣 This was a 400a model non-PP1. Added pp2 replicas, pp2 front lip, mach 1 rear & exhaust, gt350 rear spoiler, gt350 sway bars. It’s not upbadged at all but none of those parts came on the car. Sharing this to encourage you to do whatever you want to your car

IMG_6567.jpeg
IMG_5989.jpeg

OLD8BA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DAVE
Vehicle(s)
SHADOW BLACK GT
do what pleases you most mate i put red mach 1 stripes down sides not trying to fool anyone just because i like a bit of colour there it also matches the outline stripes over the car
good luck with yours

sorry about the crappy pic

IMG20240203095302.jpg

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Put on your Mustang what you want. For 99.9999 % of the people out there its a Ford Mustang, and not a Mach1, Shelby, Ecoboost., etc. All they see its a Ford Mustang. Who cares. 🚗
Sponsored

Last edited: