Sponsored

Magnaflow Exhaust system with dyno and numbers

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Let me explain my statement yes they use 409 stainless but this has nothing to do with that grade rusting.They use it for other reasons in which it would be a novel to explain.So 409 stainless is not cheap stainless actually its a titanium grade stainless, its just tends not to polish and stain more.
Sponsored

USPSALIMITED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G6 GT PP Guard
Other thing, when you look at the chart from the o.p. it seems strange.

Torque increase is uniform throughout the rpm range. If this is the way things work out it would be great, but I expected little improvement or possibly even some loss at low rpm.

It would be great to see some independent data & find out that I'm completely wrong.

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium with PP, Guard Metalic
I've been able to barely pick up 40hp with tune, intake, and catless LT headers into full 3" straight pipe. I doubt a catback is getting you 30hp, I'm sorry to burst anyone's bubble.
So your car is mostly illegal in most states? Just messing with ya!:headbang:

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmmmmm. A little dubious of the HP claim, BUT they make the best sounding exhaust - period. (Yeah, I know it's subjective, but I'm right... ; ) )
I'm with you the HP is possibly a best case scenario, but I do love the sound of the MFs (great acronym), I just ordered a set of the street system (the first in the video) from Jayman33 at HyperMotive. Great deal!!:clap2:

Sponsored

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
So your car is mostly illegal in most states? Just messing with ya!:headbang:
Oh yeah. I'm pretty sure illegal in every state lol. I'll end up putting the cats back on before taking it home from the shop, though. I'm hoping to leave with as close to 430rwhp as I can get.

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still don't believe 30RWHP from just a cat back swap. What are 11-14 owners currently seeing on a catback? I thought it was pretty much a sound thing and maybe 5HP.
I don't think it ever said Wheel Horse Power, although I could see where it could be confusing since they flash up the numbers while showing the wheel dyno.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Cush you need to stop posting, every time I see your avatar, I fear regretting not getting guard. I really do love my Magnetic redline, however I still haven't seen Guard in person. It's the only color that I considered, that I haven't seen.

SilverSpoon09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTP PP in CO / 08 CTS / 00 C-SVT
Ordered guard... Saw it... Changed order immediately. Salesman at my dealer joked today saying "good thing you changed that order, I can't seem to sell any guard mustang; Noone likes the color." I FING love grean... I have had more green cars then any other color and I wanted a green mustang... Nope... You really are not missing to much. Magnetic looks amazing compared to guard.

Sponsored

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cush you need to stop posting, every time I see your avatar, I fear regretting not getting guard. I really do love my Magnetic redline, however I still haven't seen Guard in person. It's the only color that I considered, that I haven't seen.
Sorry! But it helps keep me sane after visiting COTUS. :thumbsup:

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered guard... Saw it... Changed order immediately. Salesman at my dealer joked today saying "good thing you changed that order, I can't seem to sell any guard mustang; Noone likes the color." I FING love grean... I have had more green cars then any other color and I wanted a green mustang... Nope... You really are not missing to much. Magnetic looks amazing compared to guard.
I've seen both up close, and I like both, but it all depends on the lighting, the Guard doesn't look as good as the Magnetic in overcast type conditions.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Imo magnetic looks sinister in low light and at night. I love it :D

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
We have the street, competition, and axle backs in stock guys at killer pricing for black Friday!
Sponsored