Sponsored

Looking for some feedback (Cloth owners need not apply)

GT-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
^For what its worth, I would have been a happy camper with cloth

Hello 6G!

I am to take delivery of my GT in ~30 days. I decided to choose the Premier Trim interior as I will be driving aprox. 50 miles to work every day and want as comfortable as a ride as possible.

Here is my dilema; the exact same car will be arriving at the dealership in 6 days, however this has the regular Ebony leather seats. Call it a case of not wanting to wait longer for my car, but I have a hard time comprehending waiting longer to spend $400 more at this point.

I have been unable to get a good reading on what I can expect out of each of these options (besides the recent post of jean buttons puncturing the side of basic leather). A friend has premier trim and I recently rented an Eco with basic leather and both seemed great to me. Just curious on how the quality of each have held up for the short duration that you guys have had yours for and any recommendations on how I should proceed are always appreciated!

Side note: The car with basic leather was order and will be delivered in 6 weeks on all stages on COTUS seemed quite normal. My intended order (Premier Trim) has had its EDD pushed back 3 times now at the beginning of production stage and I am becoming skeptical on its quality at this point

Side note #2: I will not be able to inspect the vehicle before I purchase :frusty:
Sponsored

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Trust me, the upgrade in the interior materials is worth it.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
I just wish they would offer premier trim with Dark Saddle. Hopefully they do for the 2016s

natea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Oxford White
50 miles to work as well. Regular Ebony leather seats love them! I didn't fork out the extra money. Can you notice the difference? Sure. Is it worth it. I didn't think so.

slythetove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Yep. Look at one with and without. Touch the upper door panels in both. Best option on the list in my opinion.

Soft touch upper door panel, contrast stitch mid door insert, upgraded leather seating surfaces plus different panel and stitch pattern on seats, dash stitching. Those hard plastic upper door panels being replaced with soft is worth at least half the option price in my opinion.

This option and the 3.55 rear are my favorite "extra options" I ordered.

Sponsored

Gpz 550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1989 Red LX 5.0
My GT has the dark saddle leather and DIB for the exterior. I'm not pleased with it at all because it has wrinkled and is very very loose fittng on the bolsters. from day one. I didn't get a chance to see or sit in a car with the premier option. I made the dealer aware of it and they have assigned it a case number and took pictures to document it. That said, I have seen some that were just fine but if you check the forum, there has been other cases where this happening. In all other respects the car is great. Hope your car arrives very soon.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
The premier trim leather is very soft to the touch and feels great. However, I've had mine less than 3 weeks and I can already see a little wear on the outer upper bolster of the driver's seat. It's from me getting in & out of the car. I've tried different ways of entering & exiting. The only way I can see to avoid rubbing the seat is to either push the steering wheel all the way in before I get out of the car or slide the seat back. That's not going to happen.

Sinister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I opted for the regular ebony interior and I'm happy with it.

Sponsored

unintelligible

V1, VR, Gear Up!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium
I think it's a no brainer. The added contrast stitching, soft touch door panels & upgraded leather are worth it considering it's only a $395 option.

The only way I can see to avoid rubbing the seat is to either push the steering wheel all the way in before I get out of the car or slide the seat back. That's not going to happen.
I think it may be a 401A option, but I have a setting for easy entry/exit; it automatically slides the seat back when the engine shuts down and slides it back to the last setting upon start.

cobra65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
YOU CAN NOT LOOK OVER THE CAR BEFORE BUYING IT... SO IF THE DOOR IS SMASHED IN OR THE TRUNK DOES NOT CLOSE OR THE PAINT IS SCRATCHED OR BUBBLING, YOU HAVE TO BUY THE CAR..... NO WAY , I WOULD RUN AWAY FROM THIS DEAL..

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
I just wish they would offer premier trim with Dark Saddle. Hopefully they do for the 2016s
I would have ordered that if it were offered, but now that I've had mine for a while I don't know that it would have been worth it. The Premier Trim option really just gives you contrasting stitching on the seats, dash, and door panels plus a different finish to the aluminum on the dash. Not more aluminum or more leather, just different aluminum and brighter stitches.

That said I'm very happy with the quality of my interior. I'll know more when the sweaty days of summer arrive and I find out how effective the chilled seats are.

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Ruby has the premier trim and it's holding up well. A little over 6k miles now. I would say wait; but that's easy for me to say since I already have my '15 Stang.
Sponsored