Sponsored

Looking for some feedback (Cloth owners need not apply)

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
I think it's a no brainer. The added contrast stitching, soft touch door panels & upgraded leather are worth it considering it's only a $395 option.

I think it may be a 401A option, but I have a setting for easy entry/exit; it automatically slides the seat back when the engine shuts down and slides it back to the last setting upon start.
That option is one of the reasons I didn't get the 401A. Having that seat slooowly slide back each and every time I got out of the car would drive me nuts. Plus listening to that sad electric motor and knowing every time it did this it was just shortening it's life.
Sponsored

unintelligible

V1, VR, Gear Up!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium
That option is one of the reasons I didn't get the 401A. Having that seat slooowly slide back each and every time I got out of the car would drive me nuts. Plus listening to that sad electric motor and knowing every time it did this it was just shortening it's life.
Okay, but just so you know, that's a pretty shaky reason to avoid 401A because you can toggle it on/off :)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
Okay, but just so you know, that's a pretty shaky reason to avoid 401A because you can toggle it on/off :)

I didn't even know 401A could do that.. Sigh, I had just convinced myself that I didn't "need" that option since I'm trying to keep my OTD cost below $40k. But this is a nice cherry on top of everything else 401A brings to the table. Arg.

unintelligible

V1, VR, Gear Up!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium
I didn't even know 401A could do that.. Sigh, I had just convinced myself that I didn't "need" that option since I'm trying to keep my OTD cost below $40k. But this is a nice cherry on top of everything else 401A brings to the table. Arg.
I had a parking spot at the grocery store the other day between two SUVs. As I was backing out the car sounded a rapid chime... looking at the center display it read "Vehicle approaching from the right"... sure enough someone flys by behind me. Stuff like this is why I went 401A... but this is a 68B discussion thread so I'll stop derailing :D

MrPotato

Envious Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fusion SE 202A in Guard
Has anyone put together any nice side-by-side pics of the differences in all these areas for regular vs premium trim?

Sponsored

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Call it a case of not wanting to wait longer for my car, but I have a hard time comprehending waiting longer to spend $400 more at this point.
Oh, it's the cheapest $400 you will ever spend. It's the upgrade from Ford trim to Bimmer trim. It's the nicest, most luxurious interior I have ever had, including a Lincoln and an Infiniti. Don't blow it now.

odspice14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GrabberOrange
Does the 50th anniversary appearance package have the upgraded interior automatically? Or do you have to opt for the color accent on that to get the upgraded interior?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I just wish they would offer premier trim with Dark Saddle. Hopefully they do for the 2016s
I would have ordered that if it were offered, but now that I've had mine for a while I don't know that it would have been worth it. The Premier Trim option really just gives you contrasting stitching on the seats, dash, and door panels plus a different finish to the aluminum on the dash. Not more aluminum or more leather, just different aluminum and brighter stitches.
I too have the dark saddle regular leather seats in my black GT. What I like about them is that they use black thread on the saddle and brown thread on the black areas of the seat. The door panels also have brown thread to give some contrast. Can't get dark saddle in the premier trim package, so have to settle for regular seats if you want saddle/black combo.

Thinking about the stitching on the dash panels that's part of the premier trim package ... I just wonder if it will stay looking good with time, or if it will degrade due to sun, etc with time?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Does the 50th anniversary appearance package have the upgraded interior automatically? Or do you have to opt for the color accent on that to get the upgraded interior?
The 50th Anniv package comes basically with the premier trim interior, but the seats also have the "50 Years" logo embossed in the top area of the front seat backs.

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
OP, I would wait for what you want. Not discounting the others' concerns as they are valid, but my seats show no sign of wear (I think there was a thread about this but it has been awhile), very little looseness (just shy of 10k on the odometer) and the leather takes a beating - I have accidentally rubbed metal spikes across it upon exiting more than once without leaving any scratches or puncture wounds. Also, it looks really nice.

I tell ya, I spoil myself with the heating & cooling feature of these seats; I have used the heating early one recent morning - and I live in balmy San Diego. I am 100% digging this luxury. :love:

I had a parking spot at the grocery store the other day between two SUVs. As I was backing out the car sounded a rapid chime... looking at the center display it read "Vehicle approaching from the right"... sure enough someone flys by behind me. Stuff like this is why I went 401A... but this is a 68B discussion thread so I'll stop derailing :D
This rapid chime has saved me from possibly hitting a pedestrian who ran right by the rear end after I was already slowly backing out of a space. I hardly had any warning so they'd probably been running between cars. The kid may have been more of a distance away than I imagine, but it was still alarming. (I admit I back out quite slowly. :p I am still making the transition from driving a Wrangler for almost 20 years, so this little feature has been a godsend. :hail: )

Last edited:

Sponsored

Weazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, PP1, Royal Crimson. 2020 Exp ST
Same issue here. I've found one GT about 2.5 hours away with the options I want and the 68B. But the dealer is kinda being a pain, so not sure what to do.

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
I have basic dark saddle leather. I love it

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Same issue here. I've found one GT about 2.5 hours away with the options I want and the 68B. But the dealer is kinda being a pain, so not sure what to do.
I would extend my search area to get exactly what I want. Besides, the longer the first drive home, the better.:D

Weazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, PP1, Royal Crimson. 2020 Exp ST
I would extend my search area to get exactly what I want. Besides, the longer the first drive home, the better.:D
We've been looking. Just seems like the dealers around here don't want a sale.