NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I must admit, from the number of "totaled" threads here, to the link in another thread with all the totaled 2017 Mustangs, it does appear as if Mustangs are cursed.

My insurance guy just told me that the Mustang is really taking a hit on the insurance market. God damn Cars & Coffee!!!:lol:
Sponsored

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
OP, yup, it's totaled. Hope you're feeling better soon!

When I dropped the GT350 from my insurance and added the Hellcat to my policy my insurance went down 250 per year. I was expecting the HC to be more. Guess there are more accidents involving Mustangs?

OP
OP

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
My other ride is a motorcycle I see no need for a beater I have no kids. One car suits me just fine

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
Exactly, I have no kids, I can fit the grocery shopping in the trunk and with proper tires I have absolutely no issues in the winter. Why should I pay for the maintenance and insurance on a second car, not to mention the hassle of finding a place to keep an extra car, just to be ready on the off chance I'm without a car. Oh and my insurance will pay for a rental.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Damn. Didn't you just put those vinyls on too? That looks totaled to me but I don't work in the insurance field.

And those people saying you get paid for aftermarket parts need to stop spread false information. Unless you agreed to or added special insurance, they pay you what your car is worth by the VIN, not by what parts you added.

Sponsored

RayJHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
My F150 was recently totaled and State Farm asked me several questions about my upgrades and it added a nice amount to my pay off offer. I'm not saying they will pay for graphics or such but they paid for my upgraded wheels, stereo, bed liner, tow package I added, and something else I can't think of right now.

Now I can see why so many cars are getting totaled. I was passing between two cars and just as I gassed it I saw a little water in the road. You guys must know water is a Mustangs kryptonite. Well just then the car got really squirmy and if I did not know how to react quickly I could have tapped the car to my side. Water or gassing these cars in a curve is very dangerous.

Last edited:

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
Damn. Didn't you just put those vinyls on too? That looks totaled to me but I don't work in the insurance field.

And those people saying you get paid for aftermarket parts need to stop spread false information. Unless you agreed to or added special insurance, they pay you what your car is worth by the VIN, not by what parts you added.
While I think you're kind of right, I don't agree with you in this case. What you're talking about with getting add-on insurance, would only come into play if the accident was your own fault. In this case, the lady that hit the OP is at fault. As such, it is her insurance company that needs to make him whole again and this should include any and all aftermarket parts he might have.

Obviously Diminished Value would be something else owed to him but that's only if the car is repaired, which, I can't see happening. That has to be a total loss. If it's not, I would definitely fight to make sure it's a total loss. There is no way I would want a car fixed with that much damage, especially at 1,000 miles!

RipShift2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
My F150 was recently totaled and State Farm asked me several questions about my upgrades and it added a nice amount to my pay off offer. I'm not saying they will pay for graphics or such but they paid for my upgraded wheels, stereo, bed liner, tow package I added, and something else I can't think of right now.

Now I can see why so many cars are getting totaled. I was passing between two cars and just as I gassed it I saw a little water in the road. You guys must know water is a Mustangs kryptonite. Well just then the car got really squirmy and if I did not know how to reach quickly I could have tapped the car to my side. Water or gassing these cars in a curve is very dangerous.
Do you drive an auto? Folks may not realize it but with autos they can drop gear and get loose without you having a chance to correct. Manual cars have a clutch, which will remove any power input.. Driver mod.
EDIT: Also you are in Houston and a "little water in the road" may as well be black ice with all the oil on the roads.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
No they don't. Not unless you had it in writing before hand.
Not true. That would only be the case if HIS insurance was paying. This is on the other party. He is entitled to recover all losses. I collected about $4k for mods on my Firebird Formula that was totaled back in '96. I didn't have any of the mods on my insurance.

RayJHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Do you drive an auto? Folks may not realize it but with autos they can drop gear and get loose without you having a chance to correct. Manual cars have a clutch, which will remove any power input.. Driver mod.
EDIT: Also you are in Houston and a "little water in the road" may as well be black ice with all the oil on the roads.
I have a manual and yea your right I didn't think about the fact the roads are very oily.

Sponsored

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
Not true. That would only be the case if HIS insurance was paying. This is on the other party. He is entitled to recover all losses. I collected about $4k for mods on my Firebird Formula that was totaled back in '96. I didn't have any of the mods on my insurance.
Makes no difference which insurance company is paying out. He's only going to get what the car is worth by KBB.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
...I was passing between two cars and just as I gassed it I saw a little water in the road. You guys must know water is a Mustangs kryptonite. Well just then the car got really squirmy and if I did not know how to react quickly I could have tapped the car to my side. Water or gassing these cars in a curve is very dangerous.
The throttle isn't an on/off proposition, and "gassing" any car in a curve is incorrect driving.

These cars are actually safer than most other vehicles, as they stick to the road a lot better. They turn and stop better than the vast majority of other vehicles on the road.

Last edited:

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red

That typically applies if its YOUR insurance paying. In this case someone else is at fault. If you have documentation as to the upgrades you SHOULD give them to the AT FAULT drivers Ins and insist they make you whole. We did when an idiot ran a red light and crushed our Explorer - it had a few upgrades (bed liner, hitch, window tint) and we made them pay for those and they did not even blink an eye.

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
If their insurance won't cover the mods an attorney will make them plus they will cover attorney fees. If that threat doesn't work you should sue, it would be an easy win.

danny0441

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt DIB
No they don't. Not unless you had it in writing before hand.
your thinking about your own policy if she was at fault its her insurance responsibility to make you whole that means replacing mods as well idk why people tend to go through their own insurance when someone else is at fault ive always filled a claim with their insurance in these cases never my own unless they have no coverage
Sponsored