Sponsored

Is she totaled?

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
I remember my bro-in-laws insurance trying to fix his new Mazda after landing it in a tree on a icy day. About 15k-20k later and 3-4 months in a shop they got it done, but was never the same and by the time they had to redo everything twice, it was not worth the money from the insurance co to fix it.

Yours looks twice as worse so take the money and get a 2018 GT
Sponsored

OP
OP

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Wish I could get a 18 but I need a car now

2qwk4ya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 401a, auto
That car will be totaled,

I hope you get better soon.

Grab that Auto car you saw. Put a blower on it and live happily ever after. :cheers:

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT 400a PP1
they have to cover the mods. Its their responsibility to cover everything you lose.

More to the point if you did work yourself and it has value, don't forget to add that to the list. IE if you tint the car yourself, you can demand the full value of paying a shop to do it to your claim.

So when they try to low ball you, counter with full retail value given its low miles, + graphics, tint, painted trim, painted wheels, etc.
Usaa didn't cover shit for my mods on my truck 2 years ago. Except I think $50 for a 500 tool box

Had bracket lift wheels tires audio grill guard prob couple other items. Left all receipts on seat like they asked

They sure did deduct money from truck value for no factory radio and no rear seat being in. The asshole adjuster even notated that I had removed the rocker panel strips

Also lost quite a bit of personal items which weren't covered

Edit: on my most recent truck I called and reported everything I had done to it. Even then there still was a max they would cover as part of normal coverage. I forget if it was 5k or 10k. Anything above that amount was gonna require separate coverage

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Wish I could get a 18 but I need a car now
No, you don't.

Calm down. Relax.

You will get a rental car (you should), and you need to take your time. Your car gets totaled and it sounds like you're out looking at cars the very next day, even though it's a Sunday.

Seriously, calm down. Relax. Slow down.

The more you rush, the bigger the mistakes you will make. Have a little patience. I'd be going to the insurance company of the person that hit you, and making them pay for a long-term loaner until the 18s come out.

OP
OP

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I'm paying for rental out of my own pocket so I need to get out of this and get a car. I've been on bed rest all weekend that was me being patient lol

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Why do so few people on here have more than one car to rely on? Especially since these are completey impractical and have zero utility value. Beater cars are dirt cheap and if you buy a reliable one you don't have much or any maintenance costs. I guess I just have a strong view towards redundant backup measures.

That sucks man, but rushing into another car purchase doesn't give you much leverage..I'd just go buy some crap 10 year old Honda and drive that until the 18s can be ordered, then sell the crap honda for the same amount you paid.

BigDinTexas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium
What Kevin said... You can get a beater civic cheap and then ditch it once the 18's come out.. or work with your dealer and order another GB '17 how you want... lead time on orders is about 6 weeks from what I've seen... a little more than the 30 days the insurance will likely authorize, but push the issue since it's their client's fault and you might be able to get through this no worse... As far as insurance is concerned, I hope the insurance company is no small "liability" only company... they're the worst... people get that coverage because it's cheap and like anything, you get what you pay for... My FIL almost had to make his insurance company take care of his car after he was rear ended because the other party's insurance would low ball adjuster values and be incredibly slow to respond. Threat of a lawyer finally caused them to move their feet.

Good luck, speedy recovery bud.

Don

Sponsored

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
I'm paying for rental out of my own pocket so I need to get out of this and get a car. I've been on bed rest all weekend that was me being patient lol
You should not be - HER insurance should be paying for that absolutely. Keep your receipts and make them reimburse you. Should be NO argument from her side for that. NONE....

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
As others have said, her insurance company should be willing to pay for a rental car for you. Or you sue the living hell out of them.

They should consider it their settlement with you, and I'd use those exact words when speaking to them.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Why do so few people on here have more than one car to rely on? Especially since these are completey impractical and have zero utility value......
They work just fine as DDers unless you have kids. Other than that they're completely practical.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Oh wow. Unfortunately.
I just saw your decal the other day on a different thread.

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
Wow... Sucks man, glad you're OK.

Seems like we are dropping like flies.
Sponsored